Turbo Charger For Maruti 800

Thanks Varun

I have some old pics somewhere. Its looks a bit different now though.
What is the right place to post this on the forum.

Varun, I have posted a few pics of my older build - Maruti 800 carburetor turbo.

Will do a write up on my Baleno turbo and MPFI M800 turbo build sometime soon.

Most of these (DETs, 2JZ, B16/18 etc) belong to the dream category for us in India.

Here mods are mostly based on - Suzuki G13B, G16B, Honda D15 and a few others here and there. Most of cars available here are not popular tuning platforms abroad except a few G13 DOHC GTis and some D15s.
Yeah I know
But if you noticed the engine in City (honda) has the similar block as b16, all you need is a custom block and a nice computer. My mate has prepared his city and spend over 1.5 lac rupees so far. he got a head changed ,exhaust and a haltech sprint 500 on it.
you might do that

True, D15 vtec has been a very popular car to mod here and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available for it. The B16s are built much better with stronger internals that can handle much more power than stock output.

yeah True that
I didn't know that Indian market has no exposure to any of the sports range of the daily driver cars. Putting a Sports badge and giving alloys and side skirts isn't really sports isn't it.

I think they should have introuduced V tec (b16/18 and KA20 engines) to indian market as there are lots of enthusiasts in India

You bet they should have. But none of the manufacturers over here are bothered about out-right performance. Cant entirely blame them since the first question most of the consumers ask is " Mileage kitna deti hai".

That could be one reason they detune many engines in India. Besides the fuel quality issue that is.

yeah that is a problem but I am sure there are people like you who don't care about mileage when it comes to performance measures.
you are doing a really good job man. Proud of you .

I heard Mayapuri has lots of JDM imports , did you ever came across in RED block of Type R engine

There are 2 Type R engines Say Integra DC2 had b18 block one has RED head and one had black head.

RED is tuned type r and black is a VTI-R engine which is 20 Killowatts less than a typical Type R

if you are lucky grab any , you will have the fastest car on indian roads plus they are fun to drive man .Redline each gear no need of forced induction

Pictures of both:

Attachments

I have never been lucky enough to get a TypeR engine here. The best I could find was a B16 engine sometime back. One of my friends with a D15 Honda city came across this engine (in pieces) with someone who planned to build a high boost setup which fell through. Got it a bit cheaper than market price since it was in pieces and a few bits missing.

This was rebuilt with higher C:R - TypeR pistons, cometic head gasket, Knife edged crank, stage 3 puck clutch and all new seals and bearings. Couldnt source the TypeR cam though. This car is one of the few Honda city B16s (swaps) here.

oh no
but my mate who did changed the head he said he could source an b18(Integra's) block but he didnt wana swap an engine at this stage

well hello every one i would like to know which is the most powerful engine that can be fitted in a m 800's engine bay?? which engine is it? thank you guys

do you guys know about the suzuki alto works rsr turbo 1988??? it shares the same body, same cluster same headlights as the m88 2nd gen.well my question is that whether that car's engine is available somewhere??

Alto works came with F5A twin cam turbo setup. The other options are F6A SOHC turbo setup. These engines are difficult to source here. You may get it in Australia or Japan.

Top Bottom