Tubeless Tyres - Repairing Punctures

Hey Akash as crazy cat said it can be noticed only through deflating of air in tyre!! In my case the nail was very small(only about 1.5-2cm) , so it took a week almost for my tyre to show signs of deflation!! I think if its a bigger puncture it can be noticed and rectified immediately or the next day itself!!

But as you said even i want to know if its dangerous to continue driving!! I din feel any stability issues with a punctured tyre!! Though its an advantage it can be a disadvantage also!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
There should not be any danger in driving even it got puntured. This is the reason tubeless tyres are preferred.
If its very big punter, you will feel in driving and you should stop.

I don think tubeless tyres will burst as it has no tube!! (correct me if am wrong)
It will not burst suddenly.
The air ooze's out slowly and gradually.
And in my Scorpio has TPMS(Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) which tells which tyre is losing air gradually with an indiaction and continuous beep.

Tubeless Tyre Puncture

Hey Guys,

How do you come to know of a puncture on a tubeless Tyre when your vehicle is in motion. It's easy to notice and feel a puncture on a non-tubeless Tyre, any experts can comment on this please.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
one doesn't have to worry if there is a puncture while moving.

but yes you will notice the air pressure quite low and then only you can say its punctured. i once traveled shimla to delhi on a puncture. had to fill air 2 times. there wasn't a shop nearby so we had to keep on moving.

and the tubeless tyre deflates very slowly so you can't see and just say its puncture :P
but as i mentioned above you will notice the air pressure to be quite low.

Hey Guys,

How do you come to know of a puncture on a tubeless Tyre when your vehicle is in motion. It's easy to notice and feel a puncture on a non-tubeless Tyre, any experts can comment on this please.
Its very hard to make out whether the tubeless Tyre is puncture or not because the air in tubeless Tyre get down gradually whereas in tube type tyres its rapid.
I don think tubeless tyres will burst as it has no tube!! (correct me if am wrong)
Even the tubeless tyres will burst if the you are using the tyres(like cheap china tyres)which doesn't have the capability to resist the heat and even the tubless Tyre which is flat state can burst.

Are all the puncture shop fellows are able to fix the problem and repair the tubeless tyres these days. Because I do not have any experience of puncture in tubeless tyres by now.

For emergency situation, where can I buy this kit, this can be used for any tubeless tyre either car or bike

Are all the puncture shop fellows are able to fix the problem and repair the tubeless tyres these days. Because I do not have any experience of puncture in tubeless tyres by now.

For emergency situation, where can I buy this kit, this can be used for any tubeless tyre either car or bike
Yes they can do it they have done to my car when it got punctured . It's pretty common now .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

yeah as stated by raja , all guys know to fix tubeless tyres. you can get a kit from any car market.

70 rupees for the tools and don't know maybe 30-40 rupees of the thing which seals the puncture. but yeah you have to apply full strength to repair the tyre [;)] and do it in emergencies only or you'll end up damaging the tyre.

Hi Guys,

I would like to share some information I got from local tire dealers about the puncture repairing method mentioned in the thread. They do not recommend this method to be used for small diameter punctures (Ones those cause by needles, small diameter nails) in the tires. They always say it's good if you could repair the puncture by patching up (like we do for the punctured tubes) the tire from inside. The problem they point out in the plugging method is it could damage the plies inside the tire as we make the puncture bigger to insert the plug. Anyway this is the definite way for bigger holes which couldn't be repaired by a simple patch from inside.

Top Bottom