Tubeless Tyre Sidewall Punctured. Now What?

Re: i20’s Tubeless Tyre Punctured from Sidewall - Now What?

Also the tubeless tyres have a tougher inner lining as compared to the tube-type ones and hence the chances of tube getting cut or burst inside the tyre are higher as compared to the tube type tyres.
This is exactly what I meant in my post.[:)]

Thread Starter #17
Can i place stepney rubber in front which is brand new with other rubbers in car which are 6.6k km old?
Where should be a new tyre placed in front or rear??

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Can i place stepney rubber in front which is brand new with other rubbers in car which are 6.6k km old?
Where should be a new tyre placed in front or rear??
yes you can , there should be no problem. and place the new tyre in the front driver's side. i think this will be a good idea as per my thinking. wait for others to reply.

Thread Starter #19

yes you can , there should be no problem. and place the new tyre in the front driver's side. i think this will be a good idea as per my thinking. wait for others to reply.
When tyre rotation is done, stepney is always placed in rear right side. Is this applicable in this situation too??

Thread Starter #20

Can anybody let me know any good tyre repaire service station in gurgaon? Also which hyundai service station is good??

In front wheel drive (FWD) cars, you put the better tyres in front (which side does not matter). In RWD, its the opposite.

You need grip on the wheel that does the work [:)].

Thread Starter #22
I got alloy rubber exchanged with stapney rubber and put alloy in front(in its original place). Got this only wheel balanced and there are no issues so far. After that i have taken abount 450 kms highways trip with 130 kmph touched. No issues found. I got it done at goodyear tyre agency. They have got all computerized machines for wheel balancing, wheel allignment, wheel mounting etc. Got charged 150 Rs for all.

Once there is damage to the sidewall of a Radial (or for that mater any tyre) the only safe fix is to replace the tyre!!

i also had same issue with my brand new car, tyre got bursted on very second day.

the tyre shop owner had done some valkenizing @ 400 bucks , but he also advised to put a tube in it and use it as a stepny.
i know it was only some patch of rubber with both side (inner and outer ) and is not advisable to use that tyre for daily use. i am using it as a stepny and regularly doing check of air, its not leaking.

Bumping this one up. My tyre suffered the same. Punctured on the side wall. Moreover, shop guy tried plugging in but leak was still there. He said vulcanizing (Cost Rs. 850/-) needs to be done. And he would take a day's time. I'm not sure what to do. As of now I'm running it with a damaged stepheny.

Do I need to replace tyre? If yes, is it advisable to change one tyre. I'm can't spend on replacing all. Else, what are my other options. I don't want to put a tube inside.

Thanks.

If the tyre gets punctured on the side wall it should be okay
however ! If the puncture is on the edge means between tyre thread and side wall (corner)
then in australia it means you cannot fix it and tyre has to be replaced

So yeah think about it

350Z

Core Team
I’m in the same situation. My 2.5 Year old Michelin XM2 has developed a noticeable sidewall crack. It’s not leaking though I don't feel safe anymore driving with it. My spare tubeless tyre already has a tube. I’ve read that it’s not safe to use tubeless tyre with tube at high speeds. Guess it’s time to get a new tyre much earlier than expected.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sidewall crack can be patched and may be used as rear wheels or Stepney. Have used my MRF ZVTV, which got a sidewall crack at 2k km, and used it till 20k, as the rear wheel. After that, my tyre guy told, it can be repatched, but as I had sufficient Vit.M, I replaced that tyre with a Bridgestone 290.

(PS- Mine was a MRF, and still I did a patch, so if better brands, patch do work well )

Top Bottom