Trying to trade in my new i10 asta auto for a used car - A wise decision??

Thread Starter #31
Re: Trying to trade in my new i10 asta auto for a used car -- A wise decision??

Thanks for your valuable comments AMG. Maybe you are right. However at end of the day I feel cheated for the hard earned monies and faith that I have had put on Hyundai.

I am seriously giving a thought by considering it from many angles.

hmmm i have 2 I-10 but never heard any sound from them strange . these 2 cars take regular abuse though one of i10 has got its first problem that is sometime it doesn't start at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

amiti , fiat has good reputation in pune why not try linea t-jet or punto ?

why not have a test drive and say goodbye to all those japes and korean cars.

i wont say fiat cars are totally niggle free or blah blah..but their has been no or rarely any issue which hasn't been taken care of by fiat.
more over niggle issues in present fiat cars are vanishing.

I do agree with you Vibhor. Lets see, I have just started my hunt. I can wait for new swift. Anyways how is the performance of sx4 diesel? Is it worth considering?
If you have the budget for a new SX4, I suggest you to take a look at the Vento diesel. I mean, you might have to stretch a bit more than the diesel SX4, but Vento would be far more better in all terms

Also, you will have other fresh options too!

1) New Ford Fiesta
2) New Hyundai Verna (though you have mentioned about Pune Hyundai's bad A.S.S, I would suggest you going for this car and opting extended warranty coverage. The 1.6 ltr diesel option and it's specs are mind boggling. Do take a look)

If you have the budget for a new SX4, I suggest you to take a look at the Vento diesel. I mean, you might have to stretch a bit more than the diesel SX4, but Vento would be far more better in all terms

Also, you will have other fresh options too!

1) New Ford Fiesta
2) New Hyundai Verna (though you have mentioned about Pune Hyundai's bad A.S.S, I would suggest you going for this car and opting extended warranty coverage. The 1.6 ltr diesel option and it's specs are mind boggling. Do take a look)
@Rs.10 Lakhs its price is also mind boggling!!

The 1.6 ltr diesel option and it's specs are mind boggling.
mind boggling specs means mind blowing maintanance costs and issues. look at the fate of sonata,elantra,santafe et al.

regarding ford american themselves dont like ford lest indians got a tempting offer as figo now they are on track.

i would rather prefer Volkswagen vento,

yet for the built quality and looks nothing stands against linea or punto.

great ride,great driving experience,better drive ability.

mind boggling specs means mind blowing maintanance costs and issues. look at the fate of sonata,elantra,santafe et al.

regarding ford american themselves dont like ford lest indians got a tempting offer as figo now they are on track.

i would rather prefer Volkswagen vento,

yet for the built quality and looks nothing stands against linea or punto.

great ride,great driving experience,better drive ability.
I agree with you on your take on the driveability and ride et all with Fiat cars Jayadev. But what is the point in paying 9 lakh+ for a Linea with a less powerful diesel heart while you get much better specs for an additional lakh or so!

I am not comparing the Punto with anything here as it belongs to a different class!

1) T-Jet, I think amiti would not be preferring as his monthly running is on the higher side!

2) Linea Diesel has the same 1.3ltr multijet diesel with 90PS and nearly 200NM of torqure while the Verna diesel engine in it's 1.6 ltr diesel variant has 260NM of torque available at a wider band than the Linea. This makes the Verna more driveable in the city. In gear pulling will be good!

3) Verna now comes with 6 speed gearbox. Leads to lower engine RPM at higher speeds (less than 2000 rpm doing 100kmph) will help it attain more fuel efficiency than the Linea anyday

The only questionable part is the handling of the Verna, about which I am not yet sure of. We will have to wait for reviews on the same.

4) Hyundai A.S.S is much more well built & support than that of Fiat or any other car company in India second only to Maruti.

5) Regarding maintenance, a 4yr warranty coverage should give you peace of mind. This is what I had mentioned in the earlier posts

Meaning no offence to Linea/Punto owners, I would pick up a Hyundai anyday when it comes to Hyundai or Fiat, thanks to Fiat's poor A.S.S & pathetic re-sale value

Hyundai A.S.S is much more well built & support than that of Fiat or any other car company in India second only to Maruti.
this is where thread started has woes. and most of the time it is just hype when it comes to hyundai . they are most arrogant and exhorbitant at most of the time as if they have lot of customer in hand and one man "you " is not a big deal..

well maruthi had remained an exception though but their cars looks crude and outdated some time.

1.3mjd engine is fuel efficient and torquey for normal driving condition it never did gave reason to complain by anyone . though in paper it shows a lag but for drive ability and in gear acceleration nothing could beat linea 1.3mjd in its segment.

again 1.3mjd is proven engine and servicing is not going to be rocket science in india anymore.

hyundai cars are and have been with attractive outright perfomance (which is good for marketing ) but in long run they tend to give issues concerning transmission which could sometime drain a hole in bank balance. many people do complain that they are sometime not comfortable with too much of uncontrollable power surge
btw if not an enthusiast or racer why should one need more than sufficient engine power just to show up to friends?

i agree fiat have poor resale value but ASS is commendably shining.

have you looked at resale value of other luxury car like bmw,merc,jaguar... just kidding..!!

Thread Starter #39

Thanks all, for your suggestions. Punto owners in Pune are happy with after sales and also with their car. Hyundai dealers in Pune take their customers for granted. Hence every 3rd person in Pune has the same feeling that I have. Their sales are dropping fast.

For now car on my list are SX4 VVT used or new alto k10. I am adding Punto 90 hp to my list. Strictly no Hyundai car in future, even if the dealer gives it for free.

Thanks all, for your suggestions. Punto owners in Pune are happy with after sales and also with their car. Hyundai dealers in Pune take their customers for granted. Hence every 3rd person in Pune has the same feeling that I have. Their sales are dropping fast.

For now car on my list are SX4 VVT used or new alto k10. I am adding Punto 90 hp to my list. Strictly no Hyundai car in future, even if the dealer gives it for free.
This is the result a bad A.S.S experience can give for a company. Somebody from Hyundai better notice and correct this before it totally loses ground in Pune!

Amiti, I quite do not get your point here. SX4 or K10 or Punto. Three totally different cars. On what criteria have you narrowed in on these cars?

AMG

Suspended

@ holySatan

You are not reading posts properly

Used SX4 or New K10 or new Punto.

Somebody from Hyundai better notice and correct this before it totally loses ground in Pune!
hyundai has same reputation at my hometown also .but for brand image else where nobody is much interested to let it down.most of the people who owns hyundai cars believe that hyundai is japanese so is good .

hyundai got lucky with its small car santro in yesteryears which entered into heart of indians with a bling.
then followed the upgrades like i10 and i20.
yet they are doing good in super mini cars only . premium segment is still struggling and they cannot help it. sonata and elantra owners have suffered to hell .

SX4 or K10 or Punto

trust me sx4 is not yet a vfm purchase better consider dezire.

k10 is alright economical but the cramped interiors..!!

punto is individual choice "bold (not much anymore) new drive."

why not give an eye to toyota etios.

350Z

Core Team

Wait. I must interrupt here to inform that Sonata falls in the category of having one of most affordable spare parts basket in its segment. It’s not typically about maintenance issues where the above named cars have failed. Generally, Hyundai’s are counted as reliable as their Japanese counterparts but if we start picking up closely every next car then you’ll find even Mercs or BMWs to be unreliable. BTW, Elantra did pretty well on its own time. So it doesn’t deserve the mention here.

Drive safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44

Holysatan -- The reason for used SX4 vvt is its available at4-5 lac range (good condition). Else I would settle for alto k10. This is perfect for me with lower cost of ownership and trouble free. Just wondering if maruti could launch it with ABS and alloys.

I want a car that is trouble free (of design flaws), good on performance and easy on pocket. As I don't want to crib after investing @18 lacs in laura and then not able to drive the car in city due to traffic conditions. Hence narrowed down to k10.

Last edited:

no car is trouble free except HM ambassador atleast that mechanic says . you will have little bit problem in every car like SX4 has rattle problem But no idea about K10 . i think akash can tell better about this car .

Top Bottom