Trusted Petrol Pumps in Chennai

Thread Starter #1
Any idea of which bunks dispense good quality and quantity of fuel (petrol)? I am living in Adayar area Chennai and would prefer to fill up in BP outlets unless a very good recommendation is received for any other.

I tried the bunk near Malar Hospital (Fortis) and I had a vague feeling that they tend to exaggerate on quantity.

Thread Starter #2
I've found that the Bharat Petroleum pump near Adyar Bakery on Sardar Patel Road (just after the fly over) is a good one on quantity and quality. Been regularly filling there and it is also a Pure for Sure Platinum bunk. On long trips I choose Reliance or Essar bunks on the highway as they deliver consistent quality and quantity also. Pity not many available inside the city.

Any good fuel bunks around navallur or shollingannalur?
There hp, bp indian oil and even one Shell on the OMR road. However need to know which one is the best and get unadulterated fuel.

Best Petrol Bunks In & Around Chennai

Hi Chennaiyan TAIgers

I have recently moved to Chennai and would like to know which are the best fuel bunks in and around Chennai. I would like to know more on the OMR Road where I stay.

I have been to the IndianOil bunk in Shollinganallur, HP Petrol bunk near Navallur Toll and IndianOil near Padur, I felt the Indian Oil at Sholinganallur was better of the lot, but need to know where you get the best fuel.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Best Petrol Bunks in and Around Chennai

Hi Chennaiyan TAIgers

I have recently moved to Chennai and would like to know which are the best fuel bunks in and around Chennai. I would like to know more on the OMR Road where I stay.

I have been to the IndianOil bunk in Shollinganallur, HP Petrol bunk near Navallur Toll and IndianOil near Padur, I felt the Indian Oil at Sholinganallur was better of the lot, but need to know where you get the best fuel.
Whilst you wait for a reply from Chennai TAIgers, I suggest you always fill fuel from Indian oil outlets (I heard, mostly, the private petrol pump guys are the one used to do adulteration).

Hi Chennaiyan TAIgers

I recently moved from Chennai to Hyderabad, after 11 years of stay in OMR Chennai.

Indian Oil in Shollinganallur(next to kumaran nagar TCS) and HP Petrol bunk near Navallur Toll are really good and also BP bunk(Aravindar & co ) in Thoraipakkam, Indian oil(next to YMCA) near SRP tools is also very good.

And Indian oil bunk in Injambakkam, ECR is also very good.
OT - If you have Voter ID/ration card/Passport with OMR address, you can get resident pass at toll for Rs 100 per year. (in case if you are not aware)

Last edited:

Thanks RK, Will use the petrol bunks you mentioned. And yes, Will be getting the resident pass shortly, will be using the Gas bill, and my rental agreement for getting the pass. I guess we need to go to Perungudi.

While for the better petrol bunks, in Hyderabad, The Indian Oil in Hitech City, app to TCS or mindspace is very good, Its CoCo and fuel quality is good. They also have nitrogen filling for free.

There is another HP bunk in Kondapur village which is operated by Police Battalion, so fuel quality is good, Approach to that is bit congested, buses, cart sellers, ferriwallahs all occupy the Road it gets messy during evening time.

I used to fill in these two places when I was in Hyd.

Thanks RK, Will use the petrol bunks you mentioned. And yes, Will be getting the resident pass shortly, will be using the Gas bill, and my rental agreement for getting the pass. I guess we need to go to Perungudi.

While for the better petrol bunks, in Hyderabad, The Indian Oil in Hitech City, app to TCS or mindspace is very good, Its CoCo and fuel quality is good. They also have nitrogen filling for free.
Yes you need to go to Perungudi toll office, to my knowledge with rental agreement you will get only for 1 year, later they will not renew with rental agreement. just check.

I am using the Indian Oil in Hitech City and HP buck near BHEL(where I stay).

After filling at Indian Oil in Hitech City, my bike became butter smooth and I am surprised to see the smoothness and performance.

Wow, Didnt know such a thread existed, I feel the Indian Oil Bunk in Kilpauk is very good.

Top Bottom