Trusted Mechanic in Delhi?

Thread Starter #1
Hi to all,

I am asking this to all of those experts who have been in the Delhi/NCR area. I have an old Honda City and am looking for a decent mechanic who would have sufficient knowledge on maintenance of old cars and would help me around what needs to be checked and changed. Not a very pricey place but somewhere where I know the work will be done properly.

If you are OK with Noida then you can visit Auto Engineers in Sector-16 market and meet Mr. Ghai. Pretty knowledgeable engineers and service charges are acceptable too. In Delhi, you can try Pandit & Co. in Okhala. They are pros and know what and how of things, but a bit pricey.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3
I have heard about Pandit. Only thing is that people have had a mixed response on the forum. Some have had a good response and some had a terrible time there. Lets see. Never heard about the Noida place though. Will give it a try..thanks a ton

there is one Raja in mayapuri, he;s been quite good for me and my previous cars.
the scrap market of cars being not far, if you do not get a new part, he always comes up with replacements and is economical too.

helped me a lot with my S10.

To give you an example, the engine of S10 seized since by mistake a mechanic had put much more engine oil than required. The oil found its way to the exhaust and big clouds of smoke came out as if the car is on fire. I toed the car to Him Motors Peeragarhi and they gave an estimate of 30 to 40k with no immediate time frame saying parts is an issue and they will be sourced from Pune. The SE was forthright enough to tell me to get this done from outside. left with no option, I lifted the car from there and took it to Rajan who charged me @ Rs 9k and the car was just like new. I started getting an average of 12 plus against 7/8 which it previously gave.

also my fuel pump had got kaput and the dealer quoted me 15k for it, i got mine replaced for 1200 bucks from him.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Can you give me the address of the person? Does he own a small shop or a full garage? It sounds like he saved you from a lot of trouble and didn't drill a hole through your pocket! Great to hear that

its a small workplace but you can say he is the master of all. give him a call , discuss the problem and then only go to him if your satisfied.

his name is rajan 9810490755 , you can give him my reference saying they yellow palio guy sent you whose engine overhaul was done in february.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom