Triund Hill-'Conquered' with a Solo Run

Thread Starter #1
Triund Hill-'Conquered' with a Solo Run

“It’s so fascinating to be in Triund. One will remember it for life”

Triund Hill is located at a height of about 2842 meters above sea level and with a distance of about 9 km from McLeodganj (located at height of 2,082 m above sea level) and 17km from Dharamsala.

Date: 02-01-2012

Time: 10 Hours (Started at 7:30 am from Dharamkot and Returned Back at 5:30 pm

Distance: 20 Km

Here are Some Teaser Pics [:)]

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Great pics there Ashish, its on such roads i enjoy travelling a lot rather than Nice roads.

So what is the main importance of this place.

What is famous over there?

hey buddy nice pics , i also go on this place with my friends frequently now a day we have heavy snow fall in McLeodganj ,so in these days one cant even imagine to go to dharamkot .
this please is 40 kms behind dharamshala so you can imagine the situation in dharamkot .

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Waiting for more pictures. I wish I was in North India.
@rekharam: Sorry for the delay...Very Soon uploading more pics. North India has lot of choices to Travel (HP, J&K and Uttranchal)...Next Target is Uttranchal.

Great pics there Ashish, its on such roads i enjoy travelling a lot rather than Nice roads.

So what is the main importance of this place.

What is famous over there?
@mukeshus: Yes It is quite fun when small passages across Mountains become your roads.

Well Triund is a quite a famous trek for anyone visiting Mcleodganj. Famous for lovely vistas and breathtaking views of Dhaulandhar Range.

Nice set of Pics Mate,

@AppU: Thanks Buddy.
Post more pics of those abundant areas
Great pics with lovely scenes! Good start to the day [:)]
@Thetraveller: Thanks. Many more to follow.

hey buddy nice pics , i also go on this place with my friends frequently now a day we have heavy snow fall in McLeodganj ,so in these days one cant even imagine to go to dharamkot .
this please is 40 kms behind dharamshala so you can imagine the situation in dharamkot .
@shubham: Thanks. Liked your Snowed out pics too [:)] Yes place gets closed during heavy snow season.

Thread Starter #8
Prologue

Planned a Surprise visit to my home town Ludhiana during New Year away from the mayhem of Mumbai as I knew this was the last window for holiday for me as I won’t be able to take any Holidays in January due to work. Off late I have been fascinated by views of snow capped peaks after reading lots of T’Logs by fellow members (Kinnaur, Manali & Dalhousie) in the last year that I was itching to make a visit some nearby hill stations like Dalhousie/Dharamshala or Shimla.

Also a month ago I stumbled on to T’Log from a fellow treker on Solo Trek to Triund and Indraher Pass and told to myself WoW this looks interesting. Although at that moment never knew will be able to do that trek so soon.

Actually was more excited about the Trip to Dalhousie (Khajjiar) with Family during New Year’s Eve but always knew that there could be some last minute change of program so as a backup had thought of going on Trek to Triund. But sust 2 days before New Year plan for Dalhousie (Khajjiar) got cancelled and then I decided that will go ahead with Solo Trek to Triund after celebrating New Year with family. Had already done all the research (Route, Weather etc) for Triund Trek.

So had planned to leave for Dharamshala from Ludhiana on Sunday evening (01-01-2012) but there was another twist in the tale. Suggested to mom and bro that I also wanted to visit ancestral religious place near Nangal with everyone to seek divine blessings. So now I had combined my adventure trek to Triund with religious visit to Nangal.

So left at 8: 30 am on Jan1 2012 for Nangal with my family. Ludhiana to Nangal is a 2.5 hrs pleasant drive.

En-Route Nangal...DDLJ wasn't Shot here
1.jpg

Amazing View
1-1.jpg

Yours Truly
IMG_2419.jpg

Bus for Dharamshala

I had planned of taking a bus from Nangal to Dharamshala, but than we were told that we have to travel 14km to Una for a direct bus to Dharamshala. So went to Una to catch the bus and as we reached Una Bus Stand a direct bus for Kangra went past us, to our surprise there was no other direct bus direct for Dharamshala in the next 2-3 hrs. So we Missed the Bus

Now my bro told me that they will drop me at Mubarikpur (an important junction on Hoshiarpur-Dharamshala route) from where I will get direct bus for Dharamshala. Mubarikpur is another 1 hr drive from Una. En-route Mubarikpur we decided that Mata Chintpurni is only 15km away, we should visit there too and pay our homage. So now It was decided that we will visit Mata Chintpurni. We reached at around 4’0 clock but due to New Year there were very long queue and it would have taken us altest 4-5 hrs and considering most of us including my 3 & 4 years old nephew & niece were exhausted we decided to pay our homage from outside the shrine only.

It was 5’0 clock my brother dropped me at Bharvai from where I finally able to catch a Bus for Dharamshala while he left for Ludhiana....Finally it arrived At 6’o clock, finally a direct HP Roadways bus for Dharamshala arrives. Dharamshala is only 88 km from Bharvai but the bus journey took 2.5 hrs. I could feel the chill in the air as we were gaining altitude. Reached Dharamshala at around 8.30 pm and knowing that I had to start early wanted to reach Mcleodganj that night only and luckily immediately got the bus for Mcleodganj.

FYI-Bus Ticket Cost-Rs 10/only while Taxis was asking for Rs. 180 for drop to Mcleodganj.

Reached McLeodganj at around 9.15 pm and now begins my search for Hotel Room @McLeodganj.

Went to Hotel Asian Plaza in the main chownk –They showed me a Small Room more like a Dorm and quoted me Rs. 1000 for the same which was later renegotiated to Rs. 500. Still I wasn’t sure but after bit of roaming I decided to go ahead with room @ Hotel Asian Plaza. A good reputed hotel was a pre-requisite as I was bit sceptical about the security at some cheap place.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Had my dinner @ Mcllo restaurant opposite to my hotel and than came back and dozed off by 11.30 pm with alarm set for 6’o clock in the morning.

D-Day for the Trek Arrives
Woke up even before the alarm rang....Took the Hot Water bath and Got Ready...Checked Out of Hotel by 7 am. Had my morning Tea from the local tea shop in the main chownk.

Some Random Shots

IMG_2054.jpg

Plan was to reach Dharamkot by 7.30 am. Was able to get a Taxi for a Drop only till Dharamkot (Bcoz of construction work cars were not allowed to go beyond Dharamkot to Gallu Devi Temple)

IMG_2061 New.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

So here I was @ Himalaya Tea Shop, Dharamkot to start the Trek for Triund Hill...Started the Trek at around 7.30 am

IMG_2091.jpg
To be honest initial 15 min of the walk were bit Scary...Bcoz I had started the Trek bit early there was no human/person in sight I was not even sure that if I am on the right path and constant fear of Bear/Wild Animal Attack was lingering

Somehow continued my Trek and after a walk of around 45 min first saw couple of cars parked on the kutcha Road-Sigh of Relief...Atleast I am on the Right Path !!! Than after a few distance finally saw a local guy coming from the opposite direction. Checked with him if this is the correct route for Gallu Devi Temple and Triund Trek...And he Noded his Head...Yes

So close to 1 hr into the Trek and was abt to reach Gallu Devi Temple...Took Blessings @ Gallu Devi Temple and continued my march.

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

Proper Trekking starts from this point only...Don’t know the exact distance Triund Hill is around 7km from here.

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

After hour or so reached Magic View Cafe (one of the oldest Tea Shop in that Area) and View of the valley from that point justifies the name of Cafe

IMG_2138.jpg

Simply Breathtaking View
IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg
Was dying to rest for a while and Enjoy a Cup of Tea...Had a small chit chat with him. The owner told me that would take me another 1-1.5 hrs to complete the rest of the distance although its steep wa ahead. It was around 10’o clock So I was thinking I will reach by 11 am and can start my return journey by 12-12.30.

But I was wrong...Was a very tough part of the Trek..Never Ending and Sometimes even without any proper way.

Took a wrong path that led me to climb the hill almost vertically See the Rock Below

IMG_2158.jpg

But continued to march on with the hope I will be at Top of Triund Hill Very Soon...So after more than 4 hrs reached on Top of the Triund Hill...Can’t explain my Happiness after Conquering Triund Hill [clap]
IMG_2175.jpg

I think this is really True “It’s so fascinating to be in Triund. One will remember it for life”

Breathtaking View all around..Although clouds were interfering with the Magical View of Dhaulandhar Valley

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_2261-1.jpg

That's a great travelogue Ashish and the place is amazing. The snow on the road and sides looked amazing.

How difficult did you find to maneuver the car in such conditions?

Keep posting those great pics.

Thread Starter #10
That's a great travelogue Ashish and the place is amazing. The snow on the road and sides looked amazing.

How difficult did you find to maneuver the car in such conditions?

Keep posting those great pics.
@pahujaamit: Thanks. Yes, Triund is an Amazing Place. But the pics with Snow are not put up by me but be fellow traveller @shubham. I did this trip on Jan 2 this year it hadn't snowed at that time and Bus was my mode of transportation and trek by foot later on [;)]

Top Bottom