Trip With Might Xylo From Leh To Ladakh

Thread Starter #1
Re: Suggestion Required to Modify Xylo E4 White

Hey sanjuz great pictures , i would say create a new thread and give us a travelogue with more pictures , it will be helpful for many others who are planning for the trip.

Re: Suggestion Required to Modify Xylo E4 White

Very nice pics indeed! I would love to listen about your experience for Leh-laddakh. I am sure there are many on the forum who would want to as well.

Mods all look good. Something needs to be done for rear end as well. I am not sure what kind of bull bar or support you can put there.

Re: Trip with Mighty Xylo to Leh - Ladakh

Excellent pictures sanjuz. Your post definitely needed a separate thread which is why it has been moved here. Please do post more pictures along with your experience to one of the toughest terrains of India.

Welcome to TAI Sanjuz.

Congrats on completing the Leh trip on your Xylo, Would like to hear more about the experience of your trip.
What were the fuel expenses of this trip.
How useful were those extra fog lamps on carry boy.

I liked the aggressive look of the Xylo in the 3rd pic.
Any hiccups you faced during the trip?

Amazing place and pictures mate. Leh - Ladakh has been always one of my dream destinations to visit and to do it in your own vehicle, WOW![thumbswink] As requested by others, it would be great if you can provide us with more details about the trip and about the performance of your Xylo in those conditions

Last edited:

Great trip man...

your pics are cool.[clap].give the detailed report of our trip from starting to ending.

This is one trip I am always dreaming about.
Your Xylo looks awesome there. [:)]
Just wanted to ask you something. Does the plastic from glove compartment fall off very often?

post a travelogue mate so that all can enjoy it & those planning for a trip to leh - ladkh can have a guide.

350Z

Core Team

Simply fantastic set of pictures, sanjuz. You’ve left us in a curiosity, put up a precise write up of your experience too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi!

I think im a little late blogging ---- just joined the form .... can you provide the following details?

- where did you start youur trip fm?
- How many days to and from ladakh?

Looks like a cool trip. You're another reason for me to go now in this season. Please put a travelogue/report with details if possible. It will help me and other who are planning the same trip. thnx

Thread Starter #14
Hi,, I am writing this thread after a year as 2012 seems to be so worst for me had two major Accident of my Mighty Xylo the bad news Insurance was been rejected by ICICI Lomabard

Well last years
i started from Surat - Hazira at 9 PM
1st Stop was at entering Rajasthan, than continue driving had lil bit lunch breaks at night we reached Panipat, being tired we decided to halt there, next day was fully wasted as we planned to check out early morning but any how we all wake late and checkout time was 1PM had breakfast and other time pass shopping,
Got Mahindra Service Center we changed the Oil as we found that the mileage was around 9KMPL, again Driving and reached Manali around 11PM, we have planned to reach Manali at 5PM
from Mandi to Manali the driving experience was awesome
The roads goes with River Zanskar,
Next day got the Permit to cross Rohtang
Got Permit in just few minutes but it was useless as no such person asked for the permit
Reached Rohtang pass too much of Parking Traffic, long que of MUVs, after waiting 5 Years atlast moved from there, continue Driving
Reached Jispa at late night got Hut type of Accommodation,
Next day again moved towards Sarchu,
as Leh was started we got the problems of Oxygen at hight altitude,
Any how we manage to reach Leh late night as local people advice to Reach leh as at Sarchu situated in High Altitude it may affect you,
Reached Leh City at night find the hotels,
next day Leh Shopping & permit for Pangyong lake
after visiting all Leh Ladakh we moved towards to Kargil Route
had night at Drass, next day at sonmerg the place was totally like heaven,
reached Sringar at 1 PM,
Next day moved from Srinagar at night reached Jammu

Hi,, I am writing this thread after a year as 2012 seems to be so worst for me had two major Accident of my Mighty Xylo the bad news Insurance was been rejected by ICICI Lomabard

Well last years
i started from Surat - Hazira at 9 PM
1st Stop was at entering Rajasthan, than continue driving had lil bit lunch breaks at night we reached Panipat, being tired we decided to halt there, next day was fully wasted as we planned to check out early morning but any how we all wake late and checkout time was 1PM had breakfast and other time pass shopping,
Got Mahindra Service Center we changed the Oil as we found that the mileage was around 9KMPL, again Driving and reached Manali around 11PM, we have planned to reach Manali at 5PM
from Mandi to Manali the driving experience was awesome
The roads goes with River Zanskar,
Next day got the Permit to cross Rohtang
Got Permit in just few minutes but it was useless as no such person asked for the permit
Reached Rohtang pass too much of Parking Traffic, long que of MUVs, after waiting 5 Years atlast moved from there, continue Driving
Reached Jispa at late night got Hut type of Accommodation,
Next day again moved towards Sarchu,
as Leh was started we got the problems of Oxygen at hight altitude,
Any how we manage to reach Leh late night as local people advice to Reach leh as at Sarchu situated in High Altitude it may affect you,
Reached Leh City at night find the hotels,
next day Leh Shopping & permit for Pangyong lake
after visiting all Leh Ladakh we moved towards to Kargil Route
had night at Drass, next day at sonmerg the place was totally like heaven,
reached Sringar at 1 PM,
Next day moved from Srinagar at night reached Jammu

Sorry to hear about the accident. Curious to know why the claim was rejected.

On the topic, it will be great if you can cover it in a bit more details and upload some more pictures.

Top Bottom