Re: A trip to Valparai: A Travelogue

Valparai - Just Valparai (cont)

Attachments

Thread Starter #20

Valparai - Misc.

Attachments

Stunning and Breathtaking Views Dude. Had to ask you this question now which camera are you using? Is it an SLR or Normal Point and Shoot ???

Too bad this place is too far from Mumbai :( Hopefully may get a chance to do this road trip someday.

Thread Starter #22

Just a point and shoot camera, ahish0712.

Actually after seeing these places I feel the need to buy one DSLR. For places like these we really should have a DSLR.

In fact my wife wants us to go back this December or January and has ordered me to get a DSLR before that :)

My present camera is a Panasonic DMC-TZ7.

BTW, have you been to Munnar? It is also a very beautiful place. These places are any day better than Ooty and Kodaikanal.

Those pictures are really nice to see!. Are there any hotels and lodges in Valparai to rest for a day? Your Manza looks too good in this album[cheers]

Dude your Panasonic DMC-TZ7 Rocks...Pics too good for a Point & Shoot Camera. But you are right views are so stunning that you need a SLR. Even I am contemplating to buy one. Hopefully very soon

I have been to Kohzikode once but not been to Munnar. Have heard the place is Awesome.

BTW right now I am exploring some hidden gems in Maharashtra. Very soon a trip to Kaas is on the agenda.

P1020741.JPG

Its classic[clap]

Your Manza looks stunning in that back ground.

Hey, even after travelling such a long distance in rainy season, your Manza is sparkling clean in the pictures.

How was Manza performance in that steep uphill road with tipsy topsy curves?

Thread Starter #27

@ vishwas

There are some hotels (more like the lodges near majestic) in Valparai. There are a very few places with car park in valparai.

Luckly we found a place called Misty Creek which has car park (though open) and has a fantastic view of the tea estate. The rates were normal and they also serve decent home cooked food to order, delivered on time. The owner is Frank Benny and is a good guy who himself is a wild life freak. They also have a website and he is also on the facebook.

BTW, one day will not be enough to see the glory of Valparai. We stayed there 4 night and still thought we needed more time.

Manza looks good only in certain angles and I always try to take pictures in those angles when possible :) Any way thanks. More than the looks the car is really great for driving and comfort. While returning we were racing with a Jetta neck to neck, both of us doing 130 to 140 climbing up to 160 at times. And the race was on from more than 40 kms till we reached Salem. I never felt out of control even for a second.

@CRDIsamir

Thanks, the place is really beautiful.

Thread Starter #28

@autosafari

When we were traveling at normal speed in 3rd gear it takes uphill harpin bends without any problem.

For most part of the uphill drive we were very going slow looking out, enjoying the scenery and looking for place to park the car.Then depending upon the speed 2nd gear or sometime if we have really slowed down I change to 1st gear. In places where we just drive, say in 30 to 35 kmph I go in 3rd gear and haven't found any need to downshift.
I have seen taxi and vans going fast going up or down. But for me the reason I am going there is to enjoy the scenery. we might have stopped atleast 20 times to get down and see the beauty.

Taking the hairpin bends in Manza is a pleasure. earliar I had a 2004 model Zen and we had gone to almost all the hill stations in TN, like kodai, ooty, munnar yercard. but driving the manza on 40 hairpin bends was a breeze.

@ashish0712

These hill stations, we must drive ourself. otherwise no fun to take guided tour.

Highway ranger,

Did you visit Parambikulam also in this trip.

Parambikulam wild life sanctuary is in Palakkad district, Kerala and its near Valapari.

Parambikulam is thickly forested, rocky and hilly and several rivers originate here.

Top Bottom