Trip To Ramoji Film City – An Experience of a Lifetime

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
A few years ago, I went to Hyderabad but could not take the opportunity to visit the world famous Ramoji Film City. Yet this year once again I went to Hyderabad, but did not want to miss the great chance, so for a day off, headed straight towards Ramoji Film City, and all I can now say is that this was an unforgettable experience. An experience of a lifetime. It’s truly must for anyone who visits Hyderabad and can spare a day full. Before moving on further, let us learn a bit about this place.

Located 30 Kms away from the Hyderabad City, Ramoji Film City is world’s largest film studio complex which is spread over 2,000 acres of land. It was founded by Ramoji Rao in 1996 and ever since then, it has been a hot-spot location of various film producers to shoot their movies. In fact, ETV Channel, whose chairperson is also Ramoji Rao, has its broadcasting office situated inside the Ramoji Film City premises. The entry ticket costs Rs.600 (For Adults) and Rs.500 (For Children), which although may seem to be exorbitant for first timers, but is absolutely worth as soon as you step inside. The actual studio sets are located far away from the entrance, to which you can proceed with the ferry services. Upon reaching to the main show, Ramoji City has a set of unique (London like) tour buses that offer a brief tour of the various sets that are used for shooting. After completing the basic tour of different parts of Ramoji, the buses finally leave you to a destination which is no less than an amusement park. Here you can enjoy thrilling rides, eat out on the restaurants or simply check out the attractive entertainment shows. The Stunt Show for example, which directly or indirectly explains how the different movies are produced. That's it. Now enjoy the following photographs but a word of caution for the avid movie watchers - Be ware, because after looking at this, you might realize that almost nothing is real in a movie, not even the sounds.

DSC04215.jpg

Be it Mahabharata or Ramayana TV serials. This is where they all come from. :smile:
DSC04095.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

DSC04099.jpg

DSC04100.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Re: Visiting Ramoji Film City – An Experience of a Lifetime

From front side, it's a railway station of a local town and on the back side, it's a railway station of city. Not to forget, the name of railway station can be changed accordingly and this train pulls with a tractor instead of an engine.
DSC04102.JPG

A fake Air port...
DSC04104.JPG

DSC04105.JPG

...and so the aeroplane!
DSC04106.JPG

DSC04107.JPG

Awesome Awesome Awesome! Man that is really cool.You must have had a blast there. This reminded me of the time when i went to universal studios in LA.
Do those old buses work? Are they even old buses or new ones in old clothes?
If you have more pictures do put them up. 5 stars man!

nice work you had done,

if we go to hydrabad we will go to ramoji filmcity,

Top Bottom