Trip To Pondichery from Thrissur

Thread Starter #1
hello am planning a trip to pondichery from thrissur. Journey will start at 17.00 on 03/06/2012 on a 1997 model Maruthi 800. Purpose of journey is to get NOC for the same vehicle from pondichery and get re registered vehicle at thrissur. Also planning to visit pazhani on the way back. Since its an 16 year old vehicle is it ok to drive 500km without stopping ? Also suggest me a good place to halt near selam or any other places between starting and ending points.

I dont think you should have any problem driving 500 km.
do check your vehicles engine oil, break oil, coolant, and get a regular check up from service station/ mechanic before you commence your journey.

have a safe trip
[drive] safely

If the car is in pristine condition , then even a 5000kms journey will be easy for it.

and yeah
Welcome to Pondicherry. !

Call yourself lucky if you could find some exotic cars at rto!! now a days , reg of it is coming low.!

ilango[speed thirst];167591 said:
If the car is in pristine condition , then even a 5000kms journey will be easy for it.

and yeah

Call yourself lucky if you could find some exotic cars at rto!! now a days , reg of it is coming low.!
Ilango i can see a lot of PY Regn vehicle of people staying at Bangalore.

A black Cayenne and White 530 D all PY registered.

What is the tax structure over there?

Thread Starter #5
ilango[speed thirst];167591 said:

and yeah

can you suggest me a place to halt at pondichery and selam

Ilango i can see a lot of PY Regn vehicle of people staying at Bangalore.

A black Cayenne and White 530 D all PY registered.

What is the tax structure over there?
tax is calculated on some percentage of car's price.
same in all state , so what is the different?

if the tax comes above say 50000 or 1L , then you need not pay more of it!

in short the max limit is 50k , i am not sure its 50k or 1l , any one of the two , i remember it being 50k!
Say a safari buyer will pay 30k , and a bently buyer will pay just 20k more.[frustration]

@ Vinayan sorry for stealing your thread...

But

@ mukeshus and Ilango

As per the Vehicles Taxation Act we pay different amount of life time tax we pay in Pondy and Bangalore is entirely different and vary a lot

Here is the amount of tax we pay in Pondy and Bangalore respectively(only for pasanger cars-White Board)

Pondy

Motor Vehicle weighing not more than 700kgs : 4800
Motor Vehicle weighing 700 - 1500 kgs : 6000
Motor Vehicle weighing more than 1500 kgs : 8000
Imported Cehicles : 25000

But in Karnataka

Vehicle having floor area of 5 sq. Mts and cost of which not exceeds Rs. 5 Lks : 13 % of the cost of the Vehicle
Vehicle having floor area of 5 sq. Mts and cost of which is in between Rs. 5 - 10 Lks : 14 % of the cost of the Vehicle
VVehicle having floor area of 5 sq. Mts and cost of which is in between Rs. 10 - 20 Lks : 17 % of the cost of the Vehicle
Vehicle having floor area of 5 sq. Mts and cost of which Exceeds 20 Lks : 18 % of the cost of the Vehicle

Hence most of the Bangalorians who own a high end car would get the car from Pondy as thay can can save a lot on LTT of the vehicle.

Regards,
uNkNowN

hello am planning a trip to pondichery from thrissur. Journey will start at 17.00 on 03/06/2012 on a 1997 model Maruthi 800. Purpose of journey is to get NOC for the same vehicle from pondichery and get re registered vehicle at thrissur. Also planning to visit pazhani on the way back. Since its an 16 year old vehicle is it ok to drive 500km without stopping ? Also suggest me a good place to halt near selam or any other places between starting and ending points.
Vinayan, i am from angamaly and also owns one 1997 model 800 dx. As elango said 500 km is not a problem for a good condition 800. In the past one year, every month, i had to go for 350-450 km trip from my home in my 97 model 800. i never met a problem with my 800. Check your tires & coolant level before starts, in next trips. Did you came back? How was your trip? how was the performance of your 800? Waiting for your journey details. I am planning for a trip to velankanny in July.

Thread Starter #11
yes back from pondycheri. faced few problems like break failure, wiper fuse failure etc . will write a detailed report when get off from work.

Top Bottom