Trip to Pondicherry from Bangalore

Though its about 80 kms extra , safe and best route. And more over it will take same time at a cost of some 5 to 6 L fuel extra
through out its 4 lane.
even from tindivanam to pondy - 4 lane is put up and toll booth erected , but toll not yet collected.
earlier tindivanam - pondy was 45 min drive.
now guess what 25 min drive.

Thread Starter #17
thx so much guys! you answered my question and i am now planning for the trip as long as something at office ruins the plans.

ilango[speed thirst];61660 said:
Oh sorry to miss this thread.

Pondicherry is like mini GOA atleast ,
Lot of things happening here , from ashrams to good scenery places like beach , boat house , shopping etc to Bar , pubs , discotheque , dopes etc

So the city is full of people , 30% for the former and 60% for the latter .
Not only on special days , but also in week end . Add friday too in the week end list.

Rooms are generally booked through out . and yep i almost got 2 to 3 calls for rooms in pondicherry and one being out member , racerdabba!

So if you plan to come on friday , saturday and sunday , book some 2 weeks back and dont be surprised to find lot of KA , KL cars here.!

[clap]Thks for the quote "Pondicherry is like mini GOA atleast".[clap]

Definitely it is a mini GOA for we people in south India

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah , it was like hell!!
it was crowds , crowd and crowds everywhere.

Morning people were shocked to see their cars and bikes smashed up!
idiotic , useless , jobless so called youth idiots under the influence of alcohol break all the cars and bikes on their way home.
i came home 8.30 itself , well safe indie my home!

ohh thats so bad..such a black mark on the name of youth if they indulge in such activities.
It is an usual site here,where few youths indulge in such non-sense activities.
On 1st,I saw a "registered" Ford Fiesta and a new Swift in two different accidents caused by drunken bike drivers,both the cars got damaged to their right side headlamps,fenders,bumper and bonnet.

Thread Starter #24
OMG...btw, if you have been following news, you would see that this kind of behaviour has been on the rise..
in bangalore, before the 31st, officially by administration, it was declared that on brigade road, women should refrain from visiting after 8 pm...also hear today that some 65000 bottles were thrown across MG road, brigade road and there was a lathi charge which broke out at 2:30 on MG road...there were more than 2000 cops only for this area...
Huh! seems everywhere people are just getting outrageous.

@quitefar,that happens every year in Pondy.
After seeing your words as "65000 bottles",in Pondicherry it's definitely higher,as almost every car's boot had atleast 2 cases of liquor.:lol!:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
guys, so the plan is on for tomorrow. i need help with the following points:
1. suggestive stops through the route. i plan to take atmost 2 stops through the journey so that we cover the distance with a good timing. can someone help with good places to stop in between at appropriate distances.
2. Also, since we plan to start early morning(4:00-4:30), i believe the stop near krishnagiri (A2b, kamat) might not work out since those wont be open? can someone share if they know about it?
3. Any recommendations for Pondicherry hotels?
4. last but not the least, few members from Pondicherry, hence anyone game for catching up tomorrow at the promenade while i am at pondi? would be nice to have a quick catch up.

guys, so the plan is on for tomorrow. i need help with the following points:

Any recommendations for Pondicherry hotels?
last but not the least, few members from Pondicherry, hence anyone game for catching up tomorrow at the promenade while i am at pondi? would be nice to have a quick catch up.
There are lot,lot of hotels available for staying with varying price ranges.
Hence,you ca drop in first,then check for good hotel,preferably near the beach.
I will be free on saturday and sunday,but,i am still not sure about my plan on friday.
So,if you have planned for a stay,then we can meet-up anytime on saturday.
I have sent you a PM,reply as soon as you see it.

Thread Starter #30
folks, i got back to bangalore from the trip yesterday evening. an extremely pleasant trip! detailed report coming soon.

Top Bottom