Trip From Jamshedpur To Pune

Thread Starter #16
@ abin: Incase you are shifting your base. try contacting a transport service. There are allot of trailers that shuttle between Jamshedpur to Pune.
Transporting your car through them would be safer, cheaper & you avoid the hassle of driving 1500 kms all alone.

But if you think the other way round, then drive safe.

Buddy take 3 days. Enjoy the drive. you can easily do it. Raipur Aurangabad Pune. The route has been already taken by karthga06.

Thread Starter #20
There were some of my items that got delivered by road a few months back (before monsoon). As per the driver, the road conditions then were still bad near the border and most part of Odisha.

I would recommend you making a day trip in this route so that you could avoid the truck traffic congestion near the border and the crazy giant potholes.[;)]

Let us know how your trip was... Good Luck and Keep Driving!!![drive]

Excellent Travelogue karthga. [clap]
Very informative. I too am going to make the journey from Jamshedpur to pune in Dec' 2016. I have also planned the same route as you had done. Will start on 18th Dec. Will try to hit the road by 5a.m.. Will fog be a problem. BTW Can we TAIgers in Jamshedpur get in touch.

Thanks

BTW Karthga06 where are you from Jamshedpur ? I too am from Jamshedpur. I will be starting for Pune in my Ertiga on 18th Dec'2016. Can we get in touch. My no is 9430371523

Thanks

Thread Starter #24
Its been long since I logged into the account.

@Amit- Sorry I missed your message. I used to stay in Jamshedpur- TC Colony and now settled in Pune. I hope you had a comfortable journey back to JSR? Let us know who it went?

For the future 'Adventurers' -

A friend of mine recently traveled from Pune to Kolkatta via Jamshedpur. He tried an alternate route.

Pune -> Ahmednagar-> Aurangabad-> Jalgaon-> Akola-> Wardha -> Nagpur

According to him, this route is slightly longer but broader and much smoother to drive. :P

Nagpur -> Raipur
Roads are great!! Except some portions of it near to the boarder.

Now, there are 2 ways to go from Raipur.
1> The route I had taken (#10)
2> The route Raipur-> Jhalap-> Katapali -> Sambalpur.. This route was accidentally taken (but no regrets). The the roads were OK but not wide.

From Sambalpur my friend took the Deogarh-> Govindpur -> Chaibasa route to reach Jamshedpur.

Said this, I felt he had taken some risk, specially after Raipur. Though day travelling is safe, most of these areas are Maoist prone zones. Better safe than sorry!!!

@Jagswroop - From Pune-> Raipur the route will be the same as above. From Raipur, you could either take
1> Raigarh-> Rourkela -> Ranchi
2> Sambalpur-> Rourkela-> Ranchi
3> Bilaspur-> Korba-> Gumla-> Ranchi

Please let us know which route you took and how your journey was..

All the Best!!!

Cheers,
Karthick

I started from Jsr on 18th at 5.30 am. Reached Raipur via Jashipur -Keonjhar-Sambalpur at 20.00 hrs. Rested at friends place and started next morning at 4.00 hrs. Reached Pune at 00:45 hrs via Nagpur Amravati Aurngabad Ahmednagar.
At present at Pune. Will start the return journey on 28th.

Top Bottom