Trip From Chennai To Goa

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends, Its about a trip to Goa from Chennai.

Trip details:
Car – Santro
Persons – 5 (Drivers – 2)
Total distance – 2300km
No of days - 4

Day1 (Aug 15th)

Chennai – Bangalore – Tumkur – Shimoga – Jog falls – Honavar - Ankola – Karwar – Colva(Goa)
We started 14th Aug 11pm from Chennai. Reached Bangalore by next day 5.30am and picked up one of our friend. For morning brake fast we reached Tumkur. So far we planned out trip via Hubli only. But one of our friend suggested to try via Shimoga and Jog falls. Thanks to him otherwise we would have missed a grate scenic route. From Tumkur till Goa it’s a two lane highway in good condition expect 20~30km where you can see some potholes (IMO you can accommodate this for its scenic views). Up to Shimoga we got the view of country side of Karnataka and from Shimoga to Honavar we got the view of western Ghats. From Honavar to Karwar its west cost road. Our lunch spot was Shimoga. On the way we stopped at jog falls and spent just 15~20mins due to time constrains. Up to Kumta we enjoyed the scenic route but after that we drove in night. We reached Karwar at 8pm and we decided to stay there.

Day2 (Aug 16th) – We got up by 7am and left Karwar by 9am. Reached Colva by 11.30am. Rest of the day Spent at Goa.

Day3 (Aug 17th) – GoaDay4 (Aug 18th) – Day time fully we spent at Goa. We left Goa by 8pm. We followed the following route.
Colva – Karwar – Hubli (By pass) – Tumkur – Bangalore – Chennai.
Colva to Hubli by pass is two lane road. So our average speed was around 60kmph. In this route at some places we found no light in all the directions expect our car. Such a dark and less traffic road. Better to avoid during night time when you are single or with ladies and kids. Form Hubli we joined Mumbai highway. We halted at a Panjabi dhaba somewhere. Slept for 3 hrs in car itself. This Panjabi Dhaba having reasonably good toilets and lot of parking space. There were around 30 trucks taking ‘rest’ with us. Started freshly by 5.30am and reached Tumkur for morning brake fast. Finally reached Chennai by 6pm.

About the Car:
Many guys surprised on us for using a 9 years old petrol car for such a long trip. But we didn’t have other options. I hope our fuel consumption is around 15~16KMPL. Didn’t calculate exactly. We felt many occasions our car is under powered with 5 persons on board. Other than that no complaints.
Here are my random photos...

View of Sharavathi river

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Chennai to Goa

Nice trip it seems.
your trip brings back the memories of my trip to goa last year.
And at this date last week i had my trip to karnataka.

5 people in a Santro for such a long distance is a big challenge undertaken - not sure if you folks were even comfortable sitting with almost no wiggle room for such a long journey.

Thread Starter #8

5 people in a Santro for such a long distance is a big challenge undertaken - not sure if you folks were even comfortable sitting with almost no wiggle room for such a long journey.
I don't think there was much uncomfortable. However slight uncomfort might be overlooked due the joy of travel and our frequent brakes.

Good right up shiv. I am planning for a bang- Goa trip soon. I guess 3 days should be enough for me with 1 night halt at Hubli. Where did you guys stay in Goa give me more details plz.

Thread Starter #10

Good right up shiv. I am planning for a bang- Goa trip soon. I guess 3 days should be enough for me with 1 night halt at Hubli. Where did you guys stay in Goa give me more details plz.
Hi Krish, We stayed in Colva Residency a unit of Goa Tourism Development cooperation. Worth for Rs.1100 per night. Advantage is its very near to Colva beach. But the problem is Since all major attractions of Goa are in North Goa we traveled 60kms every day. If you want to enjoy the party mood of Goa then prefer North Goa. We missed all water activities due to its off season.[cry] Goa Tourism Development cooperation having around 10 resorts in all improtant places of Goa.

Last edited:

Hi Krish, We stayed in Colva Residency a unit of Goa Tourism Development cooperation. Worth for Rs.1100 per night. Advantage is its very near to Colva beach. But the problem is Since all major attractions of Goa are in North Goa we traveled 60kms every day. If you want to enjoy the party mood of Goa then prefer North Goa. We missed all water activities due to its off season.[cry] Goa Tourism Development cooperation having around 10 resorts in all improtant places of Goa.
Shiv, Any contact infor for bookings/enquirers? Also, how is the place.

Thread Starter #12

Shiv, Any contact infor for bookings/enquirers? Also, how is the place.
Krish, In the following link you can do online booking.

Goa Tourism Development Corporation | Home

It is worth for Rs.1100/night. Do not expect a luxury treatment from them. I have attached a sample photo. When you open the door you can watch the beach immediately. Thats the part which we liked most

DSC00689.JPG

Excellent Pics Buddy,

Even I too have a plan to visit Goa. But, don't know when.

Incase of any details during my trip. I will definetely contact you.

Thread Starter #15
Excellent Pics Buddy,

Even I too have a plan to visit Goa. But, don't know when.

Incase of any details during my trip. I will definetely contact you.
Hi Appu, glad to give you the details when you plan. Hope it will be done very soon

Top Bottom