Tribute To F1 Legend – Michael Schumacher

Thread Starter #1
Let this thread be dedicated to one of the greatest race driver of our times in F1, anything and everything related to this man can be posted in this thread, basically this thread should act like Encyclopaedia regarding this great man, so guy's go and fill in.

His official Website:
Michael Schumacher - Official Website - presented by Jetset

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Michael schumacher

A very preliminary statistic about him -

GP wins - Michael - 91

Second best - Allain Prost - 51
Third Best - Ayrton Senna - 41

So second best and third best combined are equal to (well less by 1) to the best that is Michael Schumacher

World Drivers Championship won - Michael - 7

Second best - Alain Prost - 4
Third Best - Ayrton Senna - 3

So second best and third best combined are equal to the best that is Michael Schumacher

Note: Fangio won it morethan Senna amd Prost but that was in Black and White era

Re: Tribute To F1 Legend – Michael Schumacher

Of the current drivers Alonso (Age 31) has 30 GP wins & 2 WDC titles.

Vettel (Age 25) has 22 GP wins & 2 WDC titles.

Hamilton (Age 26) has 18 GP wins & 1 WDC titles.

These are the 3 who are the nearest to Michael's 91 GP wins and 7 WDC title.

Thread Starter #6

Of the current drivers Alonso (Age 31) has 30 GP wins & 2 WDC titles.

Vettel (Age 25) has 22 GP wins & 2 WDC titles.

Hamilton (Age 26) has 18 GP wins & 1 WDC titles.

These are the 3 who are the nearest to Michael's 91 GP wins and 7 WDC title.
Out of these 3 I feel Vettel & Hamilton has more chances of coming close to his records as they have age on their side.

My humble salutations to the legend and god of driving (if i may say so). I have been a big fan for over 2 decades, had the opportunity to go to Maranello some 10 years back and did touch the F1 car he drove to victory - that to me was my pilgrimage done!

Thread Starter #8

My humble salutations to the legend and god of driving (if i may say so). I have been a big fan for over 2 decades, had the opportunity to go to Maranello some 10 years back and did touch the F1 car he drove to victory - that to me was my pilgrimage done!
Man you are a very lucky guy to touch the car which Schumi drove for Victory,which is nothing less than an achievement, I started following this sport only after i saw Schumi drive just like me i guess there are million's of people who got hooked on to the sport just to watch schumi drive.

Yes it was an epic bachelor trip back then to Italy , the ferrari museum offcourse the main highlight , i dont know if i still have pics from then but will post it if i find it.

Also not one but i saw 2 of the cars he won with , F2001 and F2002 (and there were plenty offcourse from pre schumacher era ) - Also sat on an Enzo (dont ask me how)

Singleseaters | Ferrari Museum - Maranello

it gave me goosebumps there and just thinking of it still gives me goosebumps, it was my automotive nirvana![angel]

Thread Starter #11
Michael Schumacher Names Alonso as Current Best Driver in F1

Michael Schumacher is easily one of the best-known figures in modern Formula 1. He has won so many races and world titles that it would be irrelevant to even mention them, and while his comeback has only been marked by one single glimmer of success (one podium finish), his strong character will drive him on, we say for one more season, at least. He was recently interviewed by German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, when he was recorded saying that Fernando Alonso is currently the best driver in Formula 1, despite losing the last championship to another German, Sebastian Vettel.

Schumacher said about Alonso that he is developing “even beyond himself” - coming from him, we say it means a great deal. He went on to say that "there are phases like that when everything seems to work out, but he (Alonso) has worked for it." About Vettel, Schumi said "Sebastian is a great guy and a great driver, but he is dealing with a different situation now in a learning process," and then went all wise and philosophical, saying that "to be a good winner, one must also be able to lose, it is a part of your development [. . .] Only when you have learned to lose can you respect and enjoy winning even more." - a very true statement which refers to much more than just F1 racing...

Regarding his own comeback into the world of F1, he said "so far I have not regretted my comeback for a second. There have been a lot of good moments, even if to the outside it hasn’t appeared so," - he is probably very interested in winning at the upcoming Belgian Grand Prix, which will take place around the Spa Francochamps circuit (his favourite) on September 2nd - it will be his 300th race and, if he were to win, it would be his 92nd win.

Michael Schumacher Names Alonso as Current Best Driver in F1 - autoevolution

Thread Starter #12
Schumacher - A Viable Replacement for Massa at Ferrari

While it has been rumored that Michael Schumacher may give up his racing career in favor of a management position within the Mercedes F1 team, another rumor states that he could actually return to Ferrari, where he may replace Brazilian driver, Felipe Massa.

The latter comes to complete the picture, with Lewis Hamilton moving to Mercedes, where he would take Schumacher’s place and race alongside Nico Rosberg. The seven-times F1 champion would then move back to Ferrari where he could prove to be a “short term fix”, according to Sky Sports F1 commentator, David Croft.

Croft went on to say that
"The likelihood is that Michael would step down but there might be an opening at Ferrari for him because there is still a big question mark against Felipe Massa’s career there [. . .] Michael would be a good short-term solution - he might not necessarily challenge Fernando Alonso but he would push him. Michael’s not had the greatest season but it’s not all been his fault and I think there might be enough of the old magic left to tempt Ferrari."
Schumacher - A Viable Replacement for Massa at Ferrari - autoevolution

Thread Starter #13

Schumacher's 1998 Ferrari F300 up for Auction

The car that almost took Schumacher and Ferrari to the world championship and laid the groundwork for their dominance of Formula One is up for grabs at RM's London auction.

Though he may have fallen off pace since returning from retirement, in the decades immediately preceding and following the turn of the millennium, there were no drivers in Formula One like Michael Schumacher. After winning back-to-back world titles at Benetton (the team that later became Renault and now Lotus), Schumacher moved over to Scuderia Ferrari. It would take another few years before he'd win the title for the Italian team, but he came damn close in 1998. This is the car with which he did it, and if you've got the cash, it could be yours.

The 1998 Ferrari F300 packed a high-revving 3.0-liter V10, but despite inferior aerodynamics to Mika Hakkinen's McLaren, it still took six grand prix wins and finished on the podium in all but three races that season. Ultimately the F300 finished second in both the drivers' and constructors' championships - the best result the team had seen in years - and paved the way for the F399 that would take Ferrari to its first constructors' title in over a decade and a half.In the years since, this F300 was sold to a private owner and driven in Ferrari F1 Clienti events. Its engine was completely rebuilt in 2009 and has since covered only 666 km without incident.

RM Auctions has yet to release its pre-sale estimated price, but it will be hitting the auction block at London's Battersea Park on October 31, where it could prove a moneyed enthusiast's best chance to own a piece of Scuderia Ferrari history - and a damn fast one at that.

Schumacher's 1998 Ferrari F300 up for Auction

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
Schumacher to retire at the end of 2012

Michael Schumacher will retire from Formula 1 at the end of the 2012 season, the 43-year-old German announced on Thursday in Suzuka.

Following last week's announcement that the seven-time world champion will be replaced by Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes, Schumacher called a press conference along with the team in Japan to call time on a career that has spanned 21 years and more than 300 races.

Speaking of his decision, Schumacher said: "We did not achieve our targets but I can be happy about overall achievements in my career.

"I would like to thank Daimler, Mercedes-Benz, the team, my engineers and my mechanics for the trust they put in myself.

"I would like to concentrate now on the end of the season and enjoy those races with you."

Schumacher added that he had felt his energy and enthusiasm had begun to wane, just as it did when he quit Ferrari and the sport the first time at the end of 2006.

"I have been thinking for quite a while [about this]," he said. "We had a three year agreement, hard to keep motivation and energy - it's natural you think about this more than when you are young.

"I have had my doubts for quite a while whether I had energy to [carry on]. I said in 2006 my battery was empty and now I am in the red zone. I don't know if there is time to recharge them - but I am looking forward to my freedom.

"I have no hard feelings. In a different way we achieved a great deal...

"Now I will do exactly as I did the first time - to finish and focus 100 percent on what I do."

Speculation had linked Schumacher to a move to Sauber, where he began his world championship-level career with the Mercedes-backed Swiss-team's endurance prototype squad in 1990, but that proved wide of the mark.

Schumacher to retire at the end of 2012 | News | Autocar India

Thread Starter #15

Schumacher to retire at the end of 2012

Michael Schumacher will retire from Formula 1 at the end of the 2012 season, the 43-year-old German announced on Thursday in Suzuka.

Following last week's announcement that the seven-time world champion will be replaced by Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes, Schumacher called a press conference along with the team in Japan to call time on a career that has spanned 21 years and more than 300 races.

Speaking of his decision, Schumacher said: "We did not achieve our targets but I can be happy about overall achievements in my career.

"I would like to thank Daimler, Mercedes-Benz, the team, my engineers and my mechanics for the trust they put in myself.

"I would like to concentrate now on the end of the season and enjoy those races with you."

Schumacher added that he had felt his energy and enthusiasm had begun to wane, just as it did when he quit Ferrari and the sport the first time at the end of 2006.

"I have been thinking for quite a while [about this]," he said. "We had a three year agreement, hard to keep motivation and energy - it's natural you think about this more than when you are young.

"I have had my doubts for quite a while whether I had energy to [carry on]. I said in 2006 my battery was empty and now I am in the red zone. I don't know if there is time to recharge them - but I am looking forward to my freedom.

"I have no hard feelings. In a different way we achieved a great deal...

"Now I will do exactly as I did the first time - to finish and focus 100 percent on what I do."

Speculation had linked Schumacher to a move to Sauber, where he began his world championship-level career with the Mercedes-backed Swiss-team's endurance prototype squad in 1990, but that proved wide of the mark.

Schumacher to retire at the end of 2012 | News | Autocar India

Top Bottom