Tribute To F1 Legend – Michael Schumacher

Thread Starter #31
Michael Schumacher to help develop Mercedes performance cars[clap]

Michael Schumacher is reportedly set to become a Mercedes-Benz brand ambassador following his departure from the Silver Arrows Formula 1 team.

According to a report from German sports newspaper Sport Bild, the seven-time F1 champion will take on an ambassadorial role at Mercedes-Benz. This will mean that Schumacher will be involved in the development of Mercedes’ performance cars and in this respect will give a hand to AMG.

“The development of models, particularly high-performance cars, is something he enjoys very much,” Mercedes F1 team principal Ross Brawn was quoted as saying by Autocar, confirming reports in German media. Brawn is also a close friend of Schumacher’s.
During his time at Mercedes GP, Schumacher has been used to promote Mercedes road cars. The German has done promotional work for the SLS supercar. Speaking to German news agency DPA, the 44-year-old F1 legend’s manager Sabine Kehm did not confirm the reports. A Mercedes-Benz spokesman also said he would not respond to speculation.
Michael Schumacher retired from Ferrari and Formula 1 in 2006, but continued to work for the Scuderia as advisor in 2007 and did development work for Ferrari’s road cars. In 2010 he returned to Formula 1 with Mercedes GP where he spent three seasons. At the end of 2012 he announced his F1 retirement.

Reports: Michael Schumacher to help develop Mercedes performance cars

Thread Starter #32
Schumacher rules out becoming F1 pundit

Michael Schumacher has ruled out returning to the formula one paddock as a television pundit.

It is an occupation now enjoyed by a number of the seven time world champion’s rivals, like former teammates Martin Brundle and Johnny Herbert, and even his title nemesis Damon Hill.

But, although now returning to retirement after three final years with Mercedes, Schumacher is not coming back to occupy a microphone.

“That would not be my thing,” he told Bild newspaper.

“First, things move so fast in formula one that even I am already a long way behind, and that is not my style,” said the 44-year-old legend.

“Secondly, once again I would be away from my family, and not even having the fun of driving.”

So, asked what he will be doing when the cars line up on the Melbourne grid without him next weekend, Schumacher answered: “At home, watching TV.”

Thread Starter #33
Re: Tribute To F1 Legend – Michael Schumacher

Michael Schumacher has ruled out returning to the formula one paddock as a television pundit.

It is an occupation now enjoyed by a number of the seven time world champion’s rivals, like former teammates Martin Brundle and Johnny Herbert, and even his title nemesis Damon Hill.

But, although now returning to retirement after three final years with Mercedes, Schumacher is not coming back to occupy a microphone.

“That would not be my thing,” he told Bild newspaper.

“First, things move so fast in formula one that even I am already a long way behind, and that is not my style,” said the 44-year-old legend.

“Secondly, once again I would be away from my family, and not even having the fun of driving.”

So, asked what he will be doing when the cars line up on the Melbourne grid without him next weekend, Schumacher answered: “At home, watching TV.”

Thread Starter #34
Michael Shumacher and Mercedes Are “Facing the Future Together”

Former Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher and German automaker Mercedes-Benz have announced the signing of a long term deal according to which the two will work together to develop safety and comfort systems.

The seven-times Formula 1 world champion will also represent Mercedes-Benz as an ambassador and will debut in his new position at the “Handelsblatt Pathfinder - The future starts today”, scheduled on May 1, 2013.

“The future interests me much more than the present and past. During my Formula 1 time I always believed that you must not allow yourself to rest on your laurels, but that you must continuously try to improve. In so doing I was very often able to rely on the help of all the technologies available to me in the car and use them to my advantage. That is why I am a declared supporter of driving assistance systems both in the racing car and in the road-going car”, said Schumacher.

“We are proud that Michael Schumacher, the most successful and best-known racing driver in the world, is again joining us as our partner. Right from the time when he was a Mercedes-Benz junior and of course in the last three years as a driver in our Formula 1 team, Michael Schumacher has always been committed to our company’s projects. This is why it is only logical for both sides to pool their expertise and know-how and to use them, for instance, for enhancing driver assistance systems and thus improve safety on the roads within a partnership,” Mercedes’ Executive Vice President Dr. Joachim Schmidt added.

Michael Schumacher, who retired from Formula One in 2012, spent its last three seasons in the competition at the factory-backed Mercedes GP Team.

Michael Shumacher and Mercedes Are

Thread Starter #35
Michael Schumacher to Drive Mercedes AMG F1 Car on the Nürburgring!

Michael Schumacher will become the second driver to tackle the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a modern Formula One car after Nick Heidfeld’s 2007 lap in a BMW Sauber. Since 1976, when Niki Lauda suffered a horrible crash on the Nordschleife, the track was deemed too dangerous for Formula 1 racing and was taken out of the calendar.
Schumacher will drive a Mercedes AMG F1 W02 car on the Green Hell on May 19, just before the start of the 24-hour race around Nürburgring. It will be his way of thanking his German fans for their support throughout his long career. It will also be a PR stunt for Mercedes-Benz, as Schumacher’s outing will mark the first time a modern F1 Silver Arrow touches the Nürburgring Nordschleife since Juan Manuel Fangio’s victory in 1954.

“I have a lot of fond memories of the Nürburgring and am really looking forward to giving fans and friends from my home town of Kerpen, which is quite close to the Nürburgring, something to remember as they see me drive by,” said Schumacher.

“But it will be a fantastic experience for me too, driving along the Nordschleife in a state-of–the-art Formula 1 Silver Arrow, particularly in view of the fact that the Silver Arrow’s legend began here. Posting a lap in a modern Silver Arrow on the most beautiful and most testing circuit in the world, what a brilliant mix – it’s every motor racing driver’s dream,” he added.

A modern F1 car at the Nürburgring is something extraordinary to witness, as the twisty, narrow and bumpy track is a handful for any driver, especially when driving the fastest type of single-seater in the world. With its barriers that are so close to the tarmac, the merciless track leaves no room for error. Of course, Michael Schumacher doesn’t have to push 100 percent, but we’re sure the fans won’t have anything to complain about his performance.

Michael Schumacher to Drive Mercedes AMG F1 Car on the Nürburgring! - Carscoops

Thread Starter #37
Schumacher not regretting F1 retirement call

Michael Schumacher insists he has not regretted his final retirement from formula one “for a single moment”.

At the end of a three-season comeback period that did not add to his record tally of 91 wins and seven titles, the 44-year-old German returned to retirement at the end of last year as Mercedes replaced him with Lewis Hamilton.

He told Bild newspaper the right call was made.

“If there had been at least the prospect of fighting for the world championship last year,” said Schumacher, “then it might have been a different decision.

“But I’m very happy,” he insisted, laughing that he is now a “private television commentator” on his couch during grands prix for his wife Corinna.

After more than two decades in the paddock, meanwhile, Schumacher also revealed that “a few people from Mercedes and Ferrari keep me in the loop” with F1′s behind-the-scenes goings-on.

“But it’s not as though I’m interested in everything,” he added, revealing that he has put on a couple of kilograms since stepping out of the cockpit.

But he did return recently for a F1 demonstration run in his old 2011 Mercedes F1 car at the fabled Nordschleife.

Schumacher, now a Mercedes ambassador, revealed: “I do not think that was the last time I will sit in a Silver Arrows.”

Schumacher not regretting F1 retirement call

Top Bottom