Trend of Compact Sedans: Good or Bad?

Do you favour the trend of Compact Sedans?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
In the automobile war fare, pricing has always been an important criterion to judge the success of a car, regardless in whichever segment the car belongs to and Indian automotive market is no different. Manufacturers have now discovered a new technique to offer more for the less, which is as simple as just chopping off the boot, and accommodating the length under 4 meters. Voila! As an end-result result, what you get is a sedan at an attractive price tag of hatchback. Lately, this unique trend is picking up like a forest fire in India, and every second model in the entry-level sedan segment has length of under four meters to benefit excise duty. Tata Indigo CS, upcoming Swift DZire, Hindustan Motors Ambassador are examples to name a few. So, How's your take on it?

Tata Indigo CS
tata-indigo-cs.jpg

Maruti DZire CS (Speculation)
maruti-swift-dzire-cs.jpg

HM Ambassador CS (Upcoming)
hm-ambassador-cs.jpg

Mahindra Logan CS (Upcoming)
renault-logan-cs.jpg

Drive Safe.
350Z

Money wise its good to have cs around. Helps lot of people.

Some are bad shaped though.

Indigo cs was better than indigo , but the logan looks bad in this picture! and Dezire , oops hope that is a ps job!

I find the Compact sedans very practical. Although most of these are made by chopping off the boot, still it fulfills the desire of customers who wish to own a sedan, but are not able to afford one due to considerably lofty price.
There is a minority of people who love driving sedans over hatchbacks and IMO, a compact sedan is the finest bet for them. I just wish, the manufacturers make these compact versions more appealing.

YES! CS move was great. well if they improve designs it will be good idea and total VFM then [clap]

I like the trend its just that most of the CS looks a bit ugly! CS are for people who have the budget of a Hatch but want a more practical boot space!

This trend is followed due to the reduced tax levied by Govt on these dimensions.
Hence the Manufacturer can reduce the cost, and people can afford it.

So more sales can be expected.

I voted Yes for the following reason.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Even though my vote goes to No, but I do not strictly oppose the fashion of chopped boot sedans. Looking at some extent, it sounds as a jackpot idea to cut off the boot marginally and sell it on the price of small hatchback but until when? Keeping aside the affordability factor for a while...the actual exclusivity and idea behind the sedan is simply gone. Also, when a few things go in excess, it becomes somewhat indigestible. I am personally a fan of notchback concept (Like Octavia) but definitely not this way.

Drive Safe,
350Z

well said 350z..but on affordable side well its great idea. i only wish if under 4 meter sedans also came with features like their full version counterparts have. indigo manza for eg. it has so many features but indigo cs has nothing!!

Top Bottom