Trend of Compact Sedans: Good or Bad?

Do you favour the trend of Compact Sedans?

• Total voters
Voted YES for practical purpose.
And looks are subjective.

We have accepted lot of ugly looking cars including Dezire and Logan (Verito).Non CS versions.

Looks are subjective. (ugliness should be discussed only while comparing the cs with the original sedan from which it is derived IMO.)

The dzire cs rear looks better than the old Dzire.

I appreciate the manufacture rs for taking advantage of the sub 4 m tax rule for custemer's benefit.

But it prevents the use of tall & wide convertible boot,( if they had converted the sedan in to a 3999 mm hatch rather than cs)

In case of cs, the boot door and rear wind shield together, if made openable along with folding rear seat (like skoda superb), would be a nice feature to have for a tight budget custemer.
He can carry a bicycle or 2 ton ac in it.

I just can't tolerate the fact that govt. imposes extra tax on the car which is >4 m long. What is the problem if 6 people travel in a >4m long car (xover) and save the fuel in national intrest. ?

I feel it is better to tax the width of car rather than the length, as the width of a vehicle
is more important in causing traffic problems in big cities.(roads are not wide enough to accomodate the wide cars) rather than the length.

compact sedan idea is just a side effect of this tax policy, though it is not an adverse effect. We tax payers need to change & adjust our requirement s as per the ardent policies. As number of votes of tax paying people is so less , we can't compel the policy makers to change the rules.

All we can do is find beneficial things in the sub 4 m. compact sedans.if not then go for a hatch. If we have money, then go for bigger luxury cars.

I just can't tolerate the fact that govt. imposes extra tax on the car which is >4 m long. What is the problem if 6 people travel in a >4m long car (xover) and save the fuel in national intrest. ?

I feel it is better to tax the width of car rather than the length, as the width of a vehicle
is more important in causing traffic problems in big cities.(roads are not wide enough to accomodate the wide cars) rather than the length.

compact sedan idea is just a side effect of this tax policy, though it is not an adverse effect. We tax payers need to change & adjust our requirement s as per the ardent policies. As number of votes of tax paying people is so less , we can't compel the policy makers to change the rules.

All we can do is find beneficial things in the sub 4 m. compact sedans.if not then go for a hatch. If we have money, then go for bigger luxury cars.
The current Govt is bunch of idiots, don't expect something which is practical. They are more interested in scams, the latest one being the arms deal kickbacks & chopper deal of 2009. Who has the time to think whether 6 people in > 4m is better or not. At the end of the day, it is the babus sitting in North block, driving cars free of cost, free fuel deciding about tax on various cars.

The tax should be based on FE & not size. What if one drives hybrid Prius ? Pay more just because it is >4m, forgeting that it is more fuel efficient than regular hatches ? [anger]

The current Govt is bunch of idiots, don't expect something which is practical. They are more interested in scams, the latest one being the arms deal kickbacks & chopper deal of 2009. Who has the time to think whether 6 people in > 4m is better or not. At the end of the day, it is the babus sitting in North block, driving cars free of cost, free fuel deciding about tax on various cars.

The tax should be based on FE & not size. What if one drives hybrid Prius ? Pay more just because it is >4m, forgeting that it is more fuel efficient than regular hatches ?
We may be living in 2012 but our government and its norms were made 60 years back..what else can we expect....

Gujarat Traffic rules represented height of foolishness...yellow sticker on right and black dot on head lamp...come on this is the age where even halogens are thing of past and you follow the book rules of the age when edison invented light bulb...!

I have seen autorikshaws bigger than a mini truck accommodating 12 passenger seats and wondered how they levi taxes from it ??

At present most of the rules remains prevalent just for the common man to break it and the law and judiciary earns out of it.

No wonder people will steal and continue it no matter how much they talk about morality, there is no other way to lead a sane life..

It gets very difficult for me to understand aren't the law ashamed of themselves to any extend??
even kinder garten kids are mocking at our systems..

The current Govt . Who has the time to think whether 6 people in > 4m is better or not.

The tax should be based on FE & not size. What if one drives hybrid Prius ? Pay more just because it is >4m, forgeting that it is more fuel efficient than regular hatches ? [anger]
Emission levels should have been a tax calculating factor, but in India BS3 is cheaper than Bs4.
Sad part is that our opinions belongs to upper house thinking, In the end lower house prevails Result: compact sedans.

Last edited:
I guess compact sedans are good for people who don't have enough money to buy a proper sedan, so that way atleast they have a option if they don't want to go for a hatch.

I guess compact sedans are good for people who don't have enough money to buy a proper sedan, so that way atleast they have a option if they don't want to go for a hatch.
Or even for those who prefer hatch for ease of city driving but require boot once in a while also. Notchbacks are more practical than hatches in several areas.

I would prefer a notch back rather then a cs , without hurting any 1 swift dezire must be given life time achievement award for ugliness .

Top Bottom