Travelogue Of Delhi To Shimla

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
(Trip To shimla In the month of october,2011 )

total distance from Delhi To Shimla is around 350 kms..

left delhi on 27th october at 0630 hours

at 07:30 , reached the panipat toll..covered the first 90 kms in just 1 hour

at 08:30 , covered another 60 kms..total distance 150km

at 10:00 we stopped at a mc donalds near chandigarh, and the total distance covered till now was around 200 kms

( read below to know why a sudden fall of distance covered per hour )

rest 150 kms - we reached shimla at around 13:00 with a 30 minutes lunch break..

total time taken 6 hours and 30 minutes

Thread Starter #2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Delhi to Shimla !

it was a 3 days trip sufficient for a place like shimla

we reached there at around 13:00..and looked for a hotel..

we stayed at "the Leela Regency " hotel..

the reason we stayed at this hotel : it was near the mall road..
: it had parking facility..

now a days there are very few parking spots available in any hill station..so where ever you go...make sure the hotel has parking of its own..

we had the lunch at the hotel only and the food was quite good but was less tastier than delhi's food

Thread Starter #3

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

This Is the Mall Road..ie the shopping place of any hill station

the pics here is just a part of the mall road..its huge..........there are many shops....each and everything is available there..

Huge Hanuman Moorti Visible from the Mall road.
DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0422.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

DSC_0428.JPG

DSC_0430.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Places to Eat [clap]

we had our dinner at Goofa Bar and Restaurant..

the food was nice but if you are lucky you'll get your food before an hour..it took 1 and a half our for the dinner to arrive and onother 1 hour to eat our dinner we kept on waiting and waiting [anger]

another place which the local people recommended - baljees and new plaza but we ate at domino's [:D] dint want to take any chance..

Shimla at night

if you want to master your driving skills, go to shimla [;)]

the road from shimla to kufri is very bad..i mean we cant even call it a road..

i dont have pics cause i was driving but you can imagine what i'm saying..

the car's speed was not more than 20 km..

and i experienced off roading in my i10 hehe..

the diversions on the highway (pic below) all helped me to add to my knowledge of driving

overall the trip was fantastic.. [:D]

Thread Starter #5

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

the terrible on goin construction on NH-1

6 laning in progress..

due to this it took us 9 and a half hours to reach delhi because of the traffic.. :(

[frustration] but its ok..in future the we'll have a good highway and will cover more distance in less time [;)]

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0444.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Anonymous Pics.
DSC_0372.JPG

DSC_0373.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

DSC_0386.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

group of bikers on my way back to delhi..clciked the pic at over 140kmph ;) but still managed to get it clear..
DSC_0438%281%29.JPG

Odo around 135 km..my sister clicked this and coudnt clicked it when it was over 150 :P i have to apply brakes then she clicked this :( :P hehe..
DSC_0445.JPG

allhyundaicars very well written log, even though Shimla is little crowded nowadays but still it is one of my favorite destination, please share more about your Leela regency experience.

@allhundaicars if you want to master your driving skills, go to shimla [;)]
the road from shimla to kufri is very bad..i mean we cant even call it a road.

[lol]buddy They are like my everyday road , and that to with verna , and if you further want to improve your driving skill let me know there are many area where there is no sufficient space to pass two car side by side [;)] and one more thing baljees is a indeed good restaurant ,shimla is basically famous for there bakery products and shop which sell good bakery product are trishul and krishna bakers next time when you visit shimla do let me know.

Thread Starter #9

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
allhyundaicars very well written log, even though Shimla is little crowded nowadays but still it is one of my favorite destination, please share more about your Leela regency experience.
thanks[:)] there were mostly students there. i mean at first i thought whats this. shimla had changed a lot. so it seemed new to me.
there are many institutions there so that's why shimla was full of teens.

aah its been 7 months , i can't recall the hotel room's :D but it was not at all bad rather better than expected. i'll search some more pics.
@allhundaicars if you want to master your driving skills, go to shimla
the road from shimla to kufri is very bad..i mean we cant even call it a road.

[buddy They are like my everyday road , and that to with verna , and if you further want to improve your driving skill let me know there are many area where there is no sufficient space to pass two car side by side and one more thing baljees is a indeed good restaurant ,shimla is basically famous for there bakery products and shop which sell good bakery product are trishul and krishna bakers next time when you visit shimla do let me know.
Don't forget i'm from delhi too [anger] roads are even worse here. i went to shimla on my i10 , can't wait to take my verna out of delhi. excited.

aah i know such place. dhenaulty , i think this is a place after mussoorie. we just went there unaware of the road conditions and it was a torture :(
and just like you said only 1 car could pass. and we got stuck there many times just to let some truck pass. not at all a good experince.

my friend studies at the HR institute there , so i asked him about the restraunts :D
unfortunately he was in delhi so coudn't check out all the places. ya , will surely update here in this community if i plan to go anywhere :)

Last edited:
@allhyundaicars hey i am just kidding its nothing to hurt your sentiments yes Delhi is indeed a place where you have to search road in potholes and yes Delhi traffic all those rickshaw and autos drivers are really pain.[cheers] and i think one think is common in both of us we both owns hyunda i10 and verna .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
great going buddy !!!

How much did the hotel cost you per night ?
aah i think it was some 1800rs for one room a night. its been 7 months[lol]
but the hotel was nice. and as i mentioned above it had its own parking and mall road was just 10-15 minutes walk.

seriously if i ever went to shimla i'll stay at this hotel.

you don't want to take a hotel far away from the mall road because then you have to park at the shimla's parking lot. thousand of cars are parked their. and when i first saw it i was glad that i don't need to park here. it was so crowded/[confused]

Thread Starter #13

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@allhyundaicars hey i am just kidding its nothing to hurt your sentiments yes Delhi is indeed a place where you have to search road in potholes and yes Delhi traffic all those rickshaw and autos drivers are really pain and i think one think is common in both of us we both owns hyunda i10 and verna .
hey no offence taken. that smiley [anger] was for delhi and not for you :stupid:
i'm so sorry you misunderstood.

Guys after looking at your travelogues it looks like now I too will have to start clicking and collecting pics too.

@Allhyundaicars:
Fantastic travelogue it is.There are some destinations that I frequently visit which include:-
Shimla,Badrinath,Gangotri,Manali,Jwala ji etc etc and what I feel is that the hilly roads are still quite driveable.At least there you have to think only of your car while here we have to think of other vehicles too which can dent us even if we take even a slight cut.

And yes,the last speedo click is too contrary to your signature.Still I'd say such speeds are more than dangerous for the cars like i10 etc etc.So take care of your car,these cars are for driving,not for pushing(Although I too once crossed 165 in a Kappa2:stupid:)..

My next Jwala Ji trip is about to come and this time I'll too click a lot of pics..

Top Bottom