Travelogue - Delhi - Rudrapur - Bazpur - Nainital -Delhi

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am back from my 4 day long around 900 km trip. To start off with, I left around 9:45 AM on 17th May and to my surprise found the roads to be super smooth till Moradabad. I have posted all the pics at the end as I am super confused on which pic was clicked at what time.

Took a break at Gajaraula Mcdonalds, as wanted to keep myself light throughout the journey.

The road from Rampur towards Rudrapur is just a left turn and I unfortunately missed it , drove another 50 Kms to realize that I am about to reach Bariley.
Turned back and reached Rudrapur through a small highway via Milak.

Reached Rudrapur around 3:45 PM and then headed towards Gadarpur ( 15 Kms away from Rudrapur) where my in law (relatives) stay.

Stayed there for a night.

Day 2 - Towards Nainital.

Took the road from Dineshpur towards Ashok Leyland Factory and then via Haldwani towards Nainital. Started off at 9:40 AM and was at Nainital at around 1 PM. The road was blocked due to a truck which fell off the hill cliff.
We were stranded for good half an hour. Finally at 1 when we reached Nainital, searched for a good hotel and after a lot of struggle , we found a cottage owned by an Armyman. Nice place .

Then me and wifey went off to Naina devi Temple and Bhotia Market after which we took the trolly to snowview. Played some games out there and cameback

Had dinner at Nanak Resturant on Mall road . Good food and went off to the cottage to have some sound sleep.

Day 3 - Back to Gadarpur

Started at 8:15 in the morning and drove the way back without any stoppages. took the same route back and reached home by 10:30 AM. The roads were fairly empty apart from the Haldwani section.

Had Brunch and sped off to Corbett fall at Nayagaon. Headed from Bazpur to Nayagaon. Roads are super smooth. I was too tempted to drive above 120 however somehow controlled myself.

Reached Corbett Falls to be disappointed and seeing all troublemakers out there drinking their way to glory. Not a family place at all. Headed back to Bazpur to a relative's place and later came back to Gadarpur.

Day 4 - Reserved for journey back home.

Left Gadarpur at 8:15 AM and this time around no drama regarding directions. Roads from Rudrapur to Rampur are not too good with bad sections . At Rampur its hard to find roads, all you see are ditches .

Reached Gajaraula at 11:10 AM .Stopped over at Mc-Donalds, Gajaraula for around 20 minutes max. Left at around 11:30 AM

Post Rampur its a bliss to drive back home as it was a pretty decent way back. Had a massive traffice jam at Brijghat as there was a holy bath taken by people on the occasion of Badamawas. Was stuck there for 1.5 hours.

Rest of the journey was smooth back home .

Total distance of the journey - 890 Kms
Total Fuel used - 46.02 litres
Mileage - 19.33 ( All the time A/C on with drive through mountains as well)

Pics for all of you.
Hope all of you like it.

Attachments

Hi diehardi20,

First of all i am sorry buddy as i was not able to contact you as promised.

Very nicely written log with lovely pics, i also returned today from Nainital, but stayed in Bhowali i took the Tanda-Bazpur-Kaladhungi route.

Did you faced traffic jam between Rampur and Moradabad or you skipped this route completely?

Nice short and to the point Travelogue.
Your 1.5 hrs time at Garh Mukhteshwar reminds me of my return journey from Nainital to Delhi in Jan 2009, when there was almost 3 kms long traffic jamm and we detour to Gajraula-Rarha-Anoopsahar-Bulandsahar-Lal Kuan and then to Delhi. It took us 14 hrs from Nainaital to Delhi. So since then i plan my trips to these places by keeping Hindu Calender in mind.

Thread Starter #4
Hi Toughguy,

I did not face any jam from Rampur to Moradabad. It was fairly smooth save a few sections.

Thanks Tornado78 - I will be planning my trips as per the hindu calendar going forward as well

Hi Diehardi20,
I am planning to go to Nainital , Bhimtal this weekend. Can you give me the details of hotel. I would be with my family (wife and 4 years old kid). Do I need to book in advance or I can book on reaching there.
Thanks

Thread Starter #6
I would recommend that you book in advance. Since this is peak season, people will overcharge you for sure.

I suffered for not booking in advance.

Happy Motoring

Top Bottom