Traffic Rules Offending !!

What should we do for those who dont follow the rules?

• Appoint Road Safety Volunteers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Heavy Fines

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Cancellation of License

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Put in Jail!

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
if that is case, suppose a guy gets into an accident & it is not his fault. however, the crowd starts thinking it is his mistake whereas the driver would say it is not his fault, obviously! so they start thrashing the guy's car!!! now what was the driver's mistake??? we cannot say he just had a bad day.

first of all, i am very very very much against the crowd (jobless people who have nothing else to do in life other than poking their nose in someone else's matter) reacting to situations such as accidents. they go & hit the driver, slap him & abuse him. i am against this & reasons are-

1) why are you reacting boss? this car is mine & the pedestrian fallen ahead (suppose the car hit a guy) is not your uncle/chacha/mama/papa etc. so who the hell are you to react? who gave you the rights to hit me or touch my car? if i have hit a guy, i have done a mistake, i think thats the reason its called an "accident". so i am ready to rectify it by taking the guy to the hospital & get him treated at my cost. who are you to take the law in your hand by passing a judgment that i am a bad driver & abusing/hitting me? who knows, maybe it was the pedestrian's fault.

2) second reason is- more often than not, when a car hits a cyclist/pedestrian/cow/dog/whatever, the crowd starts hitting him & usually the driver of the car has to be taken to the hospital & the cyclist (who was hit by the car) has no injuries at all!

3) third & the most important reason- because the crown reacts in such a way, drivers are afraid to stop their car after an accident. even if the driver is willing to take the hit person to a hospital, the crowd starts thrashing him! then who will stop? he will obviously run for his life! if he doesnt stop, the guy who has been hit will bleed to death on the road itself & as usual, the GREAT crowd will stand & stare! they are ready to hit the driver as he was wrong in driving but they are not ready to take a bleeding guy to the hospital... shame on these guys.

So i think, all this hitting/thrashing is making matters worse as the driver does not stop & someone loses their life. so better, let the driver stop (he has made a mistake & not done it purposely), let him take the hit person to the hospital in his car.

Phew! sorry guys, got emotional !!!

The real problem is low fines,coupled with no jail time even if there is a discretionary provision for imprisonment. Most of the cases at court are taken too lightly and offenders go Scott free after paying a small fine. For instance for rash driving the fine charged is most of the time below 1000 rupees. If you cause a person grievous hurt then the maximum fine is just 1000 rupees. I mean how will it make a person to refrain from breaking a law when the violation will only attract 1000 rupees fine with no jail time 99 percent of the time? Even if you drink and drive,the max fine is 2000 rupees. I also hear people like bus drivers saying if we hit someone,we pay 1000 bucks for fine to the association and the association will take care of the fees of the lawyer and we don't need to worry about anything else.

Even I break the law once in a while,mostly when I'm on my bike and its the speed limits. I find it very hard to be safe doing a legal speed of 50kmph on a bike. I am most comfortable between 60 and 75 kmph which is definitely illegal. But I dont think that it is speed per se that causes accidents. Its the wrong speed at the wrong place. For instance there may be busy streets where 30 kmph is allowed,but there may be too many people walking along or across the streets and if you are doing 30kmph,it might be actually in excess of what is ideal to avoid an accident. Also I don't think that 70kmph should be the maximum for cars and 50kmph the max for two wheelers. It should be increased atleast for bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now here i have an incident which i faced a few weeks back. I received the same response which Raj and Ilango mentioned. Mods sorry for such a lengthy OT post but i want everybody to know the crowd reaction which i experienced!

It was a 4-lane junction near my house , not a very major one but still dangerous enough. I make it a point to slow down my vehicle at that junction always be it bike or car. It was around 9 at the night and i was approaching that junction slow below 30kmph in my Verna. From my right side of the junction a bike with 2 men and also a scooter with two ladies had been approaching. I had been blinded by the blind spot created by the A-Pillar completely and also because of my tints as it was a night and so couldn notice both the bikes.

My friend sitting in the front alerted me and i avoided the first bike with two men by swerving right slightly , but unfortunately the scooter with two ladies followed the bike completely that they din even bother to look left or right. I honked completely but still they din even bother to stop. As i result i had to brake little hard and stop and in the process my front bumper kissed the scooter slightly that the ladies lost balance. The pillion rider jumped off the scooter and the driver managed to control the scooter without falling.

I immediately got down to of course see if something had happened to my baby and also actually apologize. The mistake in on both of us i had been blinded i honked the horn but they refused to stop. Their mistake is they din even see left or right before crossing a junction and din stop even after continuous honking of horn.

I went near the driver of the scooter to apologize for the incident but the rider of the car soon came to me and started scolding me!! He started using abusive words in Tamil!! I got pretty much upset and angry!! The first question i asked is she your relative or any of that kind?? i asked him to mind his own business!! I tried explaining the incident to them and telling its not my fault but they couldn just except. All i could hear was i hit a lady and it was my mistake.

After some 5 mins the situation went out of control and i was surrounded by a good number of people. They started asking me my license and all other sorts of questions. I said to all of them its not totally my fault i have my license and stuff and am ready to stand there till the police arrive and i switched off the car locked the car and started to wait!!

After sometime i got a response from the crowd asking me not to block the traffic and leave the area or else they will burn my car! I still refused to move and asked them to burn it if they have the guts!! Finally after sometime the crowd told me to move on and drive carefully hereafter. I gave a piece of my mind to all of them saying its not my fault apologized to the lady driver and zoomed away from the scene revving the engine hard so that i left a huge blanket of dust behind.

Had i been there with all my friends i would not have moved from there at any cost!![evil] As we were only two of them we couldn manage the crowd gathering.

From my experience crowd behaviour is very bad and they either support the ladies blindly or the smaller vehicles!!

Dhaya , what you did was correct. when you you are afraid , other will over power you. This is in all situation in life.

useless , in the road always make sounds, ask them to come to police station like that , they'll dissolve in air.

It was my omni days , 3 years before it was green for me and no cars or bikes ahead of me and the timer was near 17 sec. just 4 is enough. The moment i saw a lady jumping signal in front of cops itself , i got angry (i was a angry young man those days , dont ask are you old ? , now just young hehe) , lowered the gears from 3 to 2 and drive madly to hit the lady -to teach her a severe lesson. i attempted to kill her , but luckily she almost crossed and just a light hit on her rear and she fell down slowly , damn. i did this with dad sitting next to me.

the idiotic cop , ask me why you drove that fast in this lane , man i screamed , it was her fault jumping a red. Crowd gathered and helped her to stand up she too said the same point that i was fast. I just said a thing , you all know it was green for me and red for her. cop is there for witness and you can file a complaint. i can also file against both of you (cop and lady) for scolding me in public. I just told i know some local politician (settle here -you'll also know in few years) and do what ever you wish. I didnt complete my sentence , the cop turned the lady side and chased her away cursing her for not following the signal.

Every useless men are behind a lady (young or old). I just hate them

Hate the cop mama to the core

Last edited:
Yes i knew it was completely not my fault so decided to go the legal way also!! Withouting even knowing that i actually got down to apologize everybody started scolding and blaming me! That is when i decided to teach these fools a lesson and decided to stay! I would not have budged if i had all my friends with me! Unfortunately only two of us could not manage the entire crowd!

Even if you are single dont be afraid.

Single man standing alone in a problem itself a big fear for the crowd.

But dont ever do that near the ending of the beach area(beach on left) , esp if the problem is with that area people. Some time they may cross blindly

Even other , when you show lightest fear , they will make use of it.

Had to be a little harsh with a cousin today
Reason? He was not willing to wear the seatbelt while riding passenger with me.[anger] I requested,then said I insist. He instead of obliging or being reasonable gave me a lecture on how he was a hero driving without seat-belts while he was in Kuwait and all. I did not budge an inch and said that I dont care what you do when you drive in your car. In my car,its seatbelts or car does not go.[thumbsdown] He said Ok, then turn back and drop me where you took me. I made a U-turn dropped him off where we started. Do you think I did wrong. All people who travel passenger with me wear seat-belts and this is the first instance that someone had to get out of the vehicle due to my insisting. Well to be frank I was really mad at him for being such a prick in the... (add anything you can imagine of to complete the sentence). I have no regrets whatsoever,He deserves it. Maybe he wont talk to me again,but I dont care. Adhere safety norms or out you go is my hard and fast rule from now on.
And forgot to mention,I lost three friends in the last six months,all died due to safety latches from their side. They were my friends,but what a pathetic way to end one's life I should ask!

@jalex: What made him think that he wouldn't wear seat belts, why he refused to buckle up?
I think he had ego that even while driving he is not using seat belt & he went against you.

Now here i have an incident which i faced a few weeks back. I received the same response which Raj and Ilango mentioned. Mods sorry for such a lengthy OT post but i want everybody to know the crowd reaction which i experienced!

It was a 4-lane junction near my house , not a very major one but still dangerous enough. I make it a point to slow down my vehicle at that junction always be it bike or car. It was around 9 at the night and i was approaching that junction slow below 30kmph in my Verna. From my right side of the junction a bike with 2 men and also a scooter with two ladies had been approaching. I had been blinded by the blind spot created by the A-Pillar completely and also because of my tints as it was a night and so couldn notice both the bikes.
Cooldhaya, No offence but, At four way junctions vehicles coming from your right has the right of way. Also you should not be using dark tints that makes it virtually impossible to see at night. [rules]
And about crowds and mob behaviour,you should take a stand that I'll call the police and let them register a case and lets go the legal way,and tell them not to leave,the cops might need witnesses at court. Most crowds will vanish into thin air.

350Z

Core Team
Reason? He was not willing to wear the seatbelt while riding passenger with me. I requested,then said I insist. He instead of obliging or being reasonable gave me a lecture on how he was a hero driving without seat-belts while he was in Kuwait and all. I did not budge an inch and said that I dont care what you do when you drive in your car. In my car,its seatbelts or car does not go. He said Ok, then turn back and drop me where you took me. I made a U-turn dropped him off where we started. Do you think I did wrong. All people who travel passenger with me wear seat-belts and this is the first instance that someone had to get out of the vehicle due to my insisting. Well to be frank I was really mad at him for being such a prick in the... (add anything you can imagine of to complete the sentence). I have no regrets whatsoever,He deserves it. Maybe he wont talk to me again,but I dont care. Adhere safety norms or out you go is my hard and fast rule from now on.
And forgot to mention,I lost three friends in the last six months,all died due to safety latches from their side. They were my friends,but what a pathetic way to end one's life I should ask!
Jalex, I salute the people like you who are always adhered to Traffic regulations and moreover, understand that they are developed for our own safety purpose only. [thumbsup] You have actually set as great example and hopefully your cousin will definitely realize about it one day or another. You not at all need to regret about anything.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Reason?
Hat's off to you. Not too many people are like us.
My parents, grandparents and driver, all are forced to wear their seat belt. If they do not adhere, they've had it from me.
I am heartened by your friend's mishaps too.
BTW,What are safety 'latches'?

Cooldhaya, No offence but, At four way junctions vehicles coming from your right has the right of way. Also you should not be using dark tints that makes it virtually impossible to see at night. [rules]
And about crowds and mob behaviour,you should take a stand that I'll call the police and let them register a case and lets go the legal way,and tell them not to leave,the cops might need witnesses at court. Most crowds will vanish into thin air.
I don't think so. Damage once done can't be compensated for. As, you said, mobs will disappear into thin air (after wreaking havoc).

IMO, it should be heavy fines along with cancellation of driving license if booked more than 3 times with in consecutive 3 month period [gun]

Reason? He was not willing to wear the seatbelt while riding passenger with me. I requested,then said I insist. He instead of obliging or being reasonable gave me a lecture on how he was a hero driving without seat-belts while he was in Kuwait and all. I did not budge an inch and said that I dont care what you do when you drive in your car. In my car,its seatbelts or car does not go. He said Ok, then turn back and drop me where you took me. I made a U-turn dropped him off where we started. Do you think I did wrong. All people who travel passenger with me wear seat-belts and this is the first instance that someone had to get out of the vehicle due to my insisting. Well to be frank I was really mad at him for being such a prick in the... (add anything you can imagine of to complete the sentence). I have no regrets whatsoever,He deserves it. Maybe he wont talk to me again,but I dont care. Adhere safety norms or out you go is my hard and fast rule from now on.
You have done the correct thing buddy. He will realize it later, even if it is late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom