Traffic Rules Offending !!

What should we do for those who dont follow the rules?

• Appoint Road Safety Volunteers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Heavy Fines

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Cancellation of License

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Put in Jail!

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Heavy fine, when properly imposed and collected will cut down traffic offense a lot.

What i feel is many people are ignorant about common driving sense. If the cops stops them and advises them, chances are more that some people will change.

I actually changed this way. I used to jump signals often when i was like 16,17 years. On one Sunday evening my dad was at 120kph in order to avoid a signal. As the road was empty and our car approaching at a distance, the cop without noticing our car stood right in front of us facing the other side. Our car came to a screeching stop and the cop just jumped away from the car. He came to my dad, surprisingly with a smiling face advised him. This made my dad feel guilty, so do me. If he has scolded us, we'd just thought this happens everyday. From that day, i learnt some lesson and never jumped a signal till date. And i also never saw my dad jumping signal.

350Z

Core Team
My Idea..

Crazy Cat, It was really nice to read but it's unfortunate that there are only few citizen in country (like you and your dad) who understand things after being polite. In my view, illiterates will make contrary use of this leniency.

I'd like to share a small incident which Happened Yesterday ;

It was New Year night and we were driving in the car, As the road was almost empty and no cops. The vehicles passing were doing high speed. I suddenly heard a screeching sound and looked back, Gosh! the scene can not be described in words. A speeding car on opposite lane had banged an Ox which was trying to cross the road. What more worse was that the Ox badly fallen down and spinning on the road. [surprise]It was such an emotional and stunning moment. We couple of people in the car took the nearest U-Turn, After reaching found that many other local people had collected there to help the Ox and Some crushed pieces of glass and Indicator plastics were spread all over the road but the stupid person driving car quickly ran away. Nevertheless, We were happy that Ox was safe and didn't lost his life but shame on those people who simply hit the animals (or even humans!) and run away. Where there lakhs of people were celebrating New Year in glittering parties, This is what happens to animals who can not even speak.

Now to conclude, In my honest opinion, Fining, Putting in Jail, Safety Volunteers etc will not work much in this country.

Firstly, illegal issuance of license should be removed from the root. All Driving Licenses should be issued only from an authorized place. Once this happens, Person who breaks the Traffic Rule should be issued a warning on his license in term of something like a Red Card etc. and if that license attains total of 3 Red Cards/Warning. It should be suspended temporary/Permanently depending on offense, So that the offended person is not able to drive on the road for certain period.

This sounds much like TAI's warning system for problematic people but I believe that it should work. Let me hear comments/views on this from your side as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i think cancellation of license will be too harsh. there are some who may have broken a rule by mistake & not purposely. cancellation of their licenses would not be fair.

hence, i feel heavy fines is more appropriate.

350Z

Core Team
Read my thought above. Before Cancellation of License, Warning in terms of Red card etc should be issued per offense. If the fixed limit of Warning is attained, The License of offender should be suspended for a certain period of time depending what offense it was.

Remember, Most of the Rules are broken by young people who are full of excitement after laying hands on steering. Especially Rich spoiled boys. Heavy fines won't affect 'em much!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
What ever it is!

To be really frank, if bribery is not banned in India, nothing is going to happen or change here & we fellow humans will be speaking like this :-)

350Z

Core Team
If Bribery wasn't there country, We won't have been discussing this topic here today! It's roots have gone deep and only some strict Action/Laws could work. Like I suggested in Post No. 18

Drive Safe,
350Z

i am liking all member's views!
i think license cancellation is the best bet.
BKK has somthings common like INdia.
BKK has a few nut cases driving their cars very badly which lead to a lot of crashes.
Even drunk driving is a big case in BKK
but Police are now trying to stop these
they have stopped the people to an extent but still the problem persists!

I'd like to share a small incident which Happened Yesterday ;

It was New Year night and we were driving in the car, As the road was almost empty and no cops. The vehicles passing were doing high speed. I suddenly heard a screeching sound and looked back, Gosh! the scene can not be described in words. A speeding car on opposite lane had banged an Ox which was trying to cross the road. What more worse was that the Ox badly fallen down and spinning on the road. [surprise]It was such an emotional and stunning moment. We couple of people in the car took the nearest U-Turn, After reaching found that many other local people had collected there to help the Ox and Some crushed pieces of glass and Indicator plastics were spread all over the road but the stupid person driving car quickly ran away. Nevertheless, We were happy that Ox was safe and didn't lost his life but shame on those people who simply hit the animals (or even humans!) and run away. Where there lakhs of people were celebrating New Year in glittering parties, This is what happens to animals who can not even speak.

Now to conclude, In my honest opinion, Fining, Putting in Jail, Safety Volunteers etc will not work much in this country.

Firstly, illegal issuance of license should be removed from the root. All Driving Licenses should be issued only from an authorized place. Once this happens, Person who breaks the Traffic Rule should be issued a warning on his license in term of something like a Red Card etc. and if that license attains total of 3 Red Cards/Warning. It should be suspended temporary/Permanently depending on offense, So that the offended person is not able to drive on the road for certain period.

This sounds much like TAI's warning system for problematic people but I believe that it should work. Let me hear comments/views on this from your side as well.
Well it was the drivers mistake. But he cant be blamed completely.
Roads aren't meant for Ox's right ?

Running away after hitting people is because of the insensible people around who are just waiting to pull out the driver & beat the crap out of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting here on forum talking really doesn't make any difference.Its like just 1 percent of the total driving population.

Until government changes nothings gonna happen & government is not gonna change.

Just My views.

350Z

Core Team
It is correct that roads are not meant for Ox or animals but it is matter of utter shame for those humans who have lost humanity in them selves.

PS: The Ox was near the flat footpath at road's corner.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well it was the drivers mistake. But he cant be blamed completely.
Roads aren't meant for Ox's right ?

Running away after hitting people is because of the insensible people around who are just waiting to pull out the driver & beat the crap out of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting here on forum talking really doesn't make any difference.Its like just 1 percent of the total driving population.

Until government changes nothings gonna happen & government is not gonna change.

Very true buddy. Most of the drivers do not stop since there are many people around who just start nuisance with the driver and the car. Say for the example of girls. I have mostly seen that whenever theres an accident involving a girl, whole ofthe public supports the girl without even the awareness of who was at fault. Similar things happen in case of accident involving cattle. I have so many times seen many people crossing roads like lunaticvs. Just wave hands towards the speeding vehicle to stop them and this sometimes leads to rear collisions due to hard brakinh.

It is correct that roads are not meant for Ox or animals but it is matter of utter shame for those humans who have lost humanity in them selves.

This is true, but what when the driver gets beaten up for no reason(i mean due to mistake of others), even the people should also remember humanity.

350Z

Core Team
Akash said:
This is true, but what when the driver gets beaten up for no reason(i mean due to mistake of others), even the people should also remember humanity.
The case which I told involves the pure mistake of driver. As Neil said, It wont make difference speaking here online. One needs to be on the spot to know it.

Conclusion is that laws to issue driving license should be made stringent so that we have less sense-less people playing with vehicles on road.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Conclusion is that laws to issue driving license should be made stringent so that we have less sense-less people playing with vehicles on road.

Drive Safe,
350Z
IMO this is the best way to regulate the road traffic conditions.

Need to mention what happened to an acquaintance of mine.
Guy had a collision with a cycle-walah ... who was totally at fault. No one even got hurt, but the crowd around got together, bashed him up, and he ended up with 4 stitches on his face.
Some time later, similar incident. But this time, he gets out of the car, catches the other guy, and beats him up ... shouting "Chor !! Chor!!" And you can guess ... the crowd beats up the other guy.
He is not proud of it, but he says he is not going to risk more stitches on what he calls an "already-ugly" face again.
The crowd is always on the side of the smaller vehicle ... and invariably, the smaller vehicle is at fault.
Can you blame anyone for trying to get away from the scene?

Thread Starter #30
Yes Aditya.

This scene happens almost everywhere.

These people around have no job other than this.

They may not really know what has happened, but they support just the pedestrains or smaller vehicles blindly!

Top Bottom