Traffic Mess in Bangalore

This is crazy!Car on foothpath[surprise]There may be many cars behind it and they must have followed it blindly
I think he must be a local guy who knows the height of footpath,generally no one dares to take 4 wheeler on footpath until the height is known

This is crazy!Car on foothpath[surprise]There may be many cars behind it and they must have followed it blindly
I think he must be a local guy who knows the height of footpath,generally no one dares to take 4 wheeler on footpath until the height is known
Now SUV growth has increased gradually and they don't really mind taking it and cabbies (especially Sumos will be like why should bikers have fun), chalo this trend has started now, soon it's going to become a nightmare for us Bangaloreans [frustration].

Ridingo - Ride Sharing, Carpooling - in Bangalore and soon in other major Indian metros I do not know whether this has been posted in this section

Car pooling app allow you to share your car with other passengers or travel along with other car owners. The average cost per km is 3.5RS ! They verify the users before allowing to their site. They have apps for different mobile os.
They charge a convenience fee of 5% to 20% from owners who share the car

!dea looks great. More than a lakh car in Bangalore with single person driving (per day) !

All the best to the team

Today morning around 10am @ Yemalur Junction (HAL Airport road)

The signal turned Red, and i halted there on bike (i happened to be in front, as others already crossed the signal or jumped the Red light).

Baaang came an activa and hit on to the handle bar, and we both fell. This Activa guy, probably in his late 20's or early 30's, getsup and starts blaming the an i10 guy behind, for driving while talking on mobile phone. The traffic cop comes, noted down something in his pad (God knows whose numbers and what he noted down), and asks the Activa guy to leave, rather than creating a scene, as its just a normal crash.

No apologies from whomsoever. And he rides away. To add to it, the cop was least bothered to check if i was alright. [frustration]

Luckily, i am safe. Nothing to worry with Almighty's grace. Bike is fine, just one mirror broken, and handle bar alignment seems to be a little off-track. So will hopefully get it checked along with the fork, for any damage or play.

But from the impact that i felt, this is my conclusion.

The Activa guy was overtaking the i10 from left side, and wanted to jump the signal. But as that car guy was on phone, plus, thanks to the OFC dug-ups and pot holes, this guy lost his control and crashed into me. He didnt even bother to talk to me. All the while blaming the car guy and left when the cop asked him to. And that too, riding without helmet. He never gave any eye-contact to me. That is why i feel it was his mistake, which he was trying to hide, rather played the blame game!

Roads are full of morons, who require to be [gun]. [angry]

Last edited:
Re: Hyundai Xcent S 1.2 - My Daily Commute - Owner's View

its a sorrow state of affairs in bangalore.
Brought grand 9 months back current odometer stands at 9400.
till now hardly i drove <100 kms single in my car.
Use cycle/byke for my office commutate of 5 kms away.
saw lot of people driving 7 seater with single occupant,
There are some high-fi managers in my company who use car for 2-3 kms even for there lunch commutate, waste of resources.
once i went to whitefield and trespassed graphite signal OMG what the hell was that waited/wasted 30 minutes at that signal observed that every car is single occupant.
Any how i reserve my commets to be personal

Last edited:

^^ I felt the same. That is the reason I am planning to bring back the Bike. For 50 kms daily, i am feeling guilty to drive alone in my car. I am begging people to take carpool but it is deaf ears. So better will be 2 wheeler.

its a sorrow state of affairs in bangalore.
saw lot of people driving 7 seater with single occupant,
There are some high-fi managers in my company who use car for 2-3 kms even for
I agree to your points. People who stay short distance from office should use Bikes/Cycles to commute. But during rainy season it is difficult.

Another reason people switching to cars than using public transport is latter is too costly here and adequately inefficient.

Another reason people switching to cars than using public transport is latter is too costly here and adequately inefficient.
Indeed that is main reason.
Costly bus tickects + poor end to end connectivity + worst auto drivers are making things worse.
i asked 2-3 people who brought cars recently, unanimously 2 of them told due to bad auto ride experiecne [clap]
Indeed i also brought car because of above mentioned reason[frustration].
If i am in hyderabad i might not have brought an car for another 4 years

8 months back when i took my parents for a ride in my new car@ outer ring road service road its like [embarass]. what a road we can park car in pot holes

Last edited:
The most stressful part in Bangalore is not working in the company, but travelling from work to home. Since the many new MNCs have flourished in Bangalore, it's evident people grows needs for commuting on their own. From a deep observation i see many people who have had their promotions prefers their own means of transport.

We cannot blame them too, because the so called BMTC is worse and costly, the Auto-Rickshaws are leeches who suck out the money like anything.

I too thought of using my own transportation because the distance from my home to office is 25 kms, the office shuttle takes 2 and half hours (min, max add you own hrs) which is very stressful inhaling the fumes. But then being a little concerned about the pollution, continue to use office shuttle itself.

No wonder if Bangalore becomes world's top contributing city for traffic and pollution. (Or has it become already?)

Top Bottom