Traffic Mess in Bangalore

@Jettasam The cabs and Shuttle service have been stopped during day hours since almost Oct 2013, only reason is cost cutting. And as far as the transport dept. in our company is concerned, it's not getting any better, that's one reason I had to buy a vehicle for myself.

BTW, I was just browsing through Facebook and found something endorsed by the Bangalore Traffic Police page. A site for car-pooling, has anyone checked it out.
Let's Drive Along

@TheMotorRomeo completely agree with that one. The road near Hebbal has been repaired few weeks back, still you can find potholes here and there. I'm not sure what quality of materials or workmanship they're contracting. Simply wasting people's hard-earned money[frustration]. Not to forget the cyclists who ply over flyovers, had a tough time today due to such great people.

But got to say that the traffic police tries its level best under the given infrastructure and resources
Police can be more efficient that just sitting a corner and checking vehicle's papers specially hapless 2W owners.

Bangalore has lowest Police : Vehicle ratio of all Metro cities. If you have driven in any other Metros in India you will know what real policing is.

Yesterday was one hell of a day !!!
Travelled 1.5 kms in 1 hour 5 minutes.
Thanks to rains, potholes and more importantly the super impatient crowd.
Ya my friend was stuck near St johns for more than two hours cos the road was flooded & another friend abandoned his car in front of UB city along with other cars as UB City road tends to flood on rainy days,he told me a fool drove in at full speed in his swift, stalled it & walked away. Later a guy in a Range Rover came through at good speed & the abandoned Swift floated onto the foot path.

As for the impatient crowd i remember some months ago getting stuck on Diary circle cos buses & two wheelers just blocked my way even when my route was clear(towards Nimhans road),no amount of signalling or begging will change these sadists.
Pathetic thing was some cabs were sitting with high beam. Before i had a meltdown just turned around & took a longer route.

Wasn't there a 9 to 9PM ban already?

It has been a great income source for traffic police. Once can see many trucks stopped in between the road and asked to park on sides so that "negotiations" could happen and money transferred!

And guess what? The trucks are allowed to move ahead after all things settled!

Probably yet another money making scheme?

In any case water tankers and construction trucks (grinders), JCB are biggest nuisances as well as risk!

Hi,
How do you feel about the new traffic diversions around whitefield area ( mainly graphite india signal and Hoodi?)

Still it takes 1 hr in the evening to compute from ITPL to KR Puram Railway station in the evening and close to 30min in the morning starting @7:45AM

-Anand

Hi,
How do you feel about the new traffic diversions around whitefield area ( mainly graphite india signal and Hoodi?)

Still it takes 1 hr in the evening to compute from ITPL to KR Puram Railway station in the evening and close to 30min in the morning starting @7:45AM

-Anand
I think, that place is cursed [lol]

Unless they come up with proper and better roads, WF area cannot be any different. Metro? What, When? I know... [;)]

And, KR Puram, sorry! BDA/BBMP "won't" do anything about it. Can anyone tell me why the Service Road on ORR at Mahadevapura (from Marathahalli to KR Puram) is closed? I am seeing it in the same condition for at least 3 years. If not a free left, it can at least hold some traffic which can avoid the huge pile up on ORR right? Earlier, it had no road and it now has, but still closed. So why waste our hard earned money on constructing the road at least?

Bangalore is one of such problems in India, where we know both the problem and the solution too. But just don't do anything!

Hi,

-Anand
I had to go to Bosch service center there on Hoodi road & was shocked to see the pointless oneway. I dint know any road(rookie to area),had to drive on the one way for few metres(headlights,hazard on),funny thing was there was barely any traffic coming on both sides to justify a one way. Still never got the point of all the circling around. They should use smart traffic lights that play the traffic depending on density.

I pity people who stay on that part of Bangalore & use Silkboard etc.

True.. Whitefield is cursed.... Few things i noticed is,

1.I Don't see the multi axle lorry's in the morning in Whitefield main road
2.The tata elxsi Volvo bus don't park right in front of prestige shantineekatan
3.But for sure something needs to be done to prestige shantineekatan entrance during peak hours, way too much traffic.

No improvement near KR Puram Rly Station... [anger]

But a long way to go before anything will improve....

-Anand

Top Bottom