Toyota Yaris J (O) Manual (2021): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Section One: Background and Buying Overview

About to complete 10 years with 32,000 Kms on ODO we decided to sell our Hyundai i10 1.2 Petrol to Spinny and brought home Toyota Yaris J opt Manual (base model) from Galaxy Toyota Dwarka New Delhi this week.

Why Toyota Yaris?

I always wanted a chauffeur driven mid size sedan car for city commute and Toyota Yaris & Honda City was on my list as my second car due to low maintenance and reliability, we are planning for our second car near this Diwali but preponed it due to huge discount offered on Yaris, Toyota discontinued Yaris and production of this vehicle has been stopped since start of this year.

Overall dealership experience was good It took 2 months and three dealers of NCR to negotiate, finally went with Galaxy Toyota as they are more keen to clear the stock with unmatched offer.

Section Two: Initial Ownership Impressions

Exteriors and Design: After driving VW for decades both Interior and Exterior of Yaris was quite new to me, purchased this vehicle without any test drive, my Initial driving experience after purchase was quite good and meet my expectation, Yaris is simple and comfortable car present in less numbers on road which I always prefers.

Interiors and Features: Build quality is good compared to what Hyundai, Kia & Maruti are offering, Yaris base model is equipped with basic safety features like three airbags, rear parking sensors, ABS, EBD, BA which Instils more confidence in car, dual tone Interiors added with bit of chrome gives Yaris a premium look.

Engine and Performance: After driving Yaris for 300kms I must say It is one of the most under rated vehicle of this segment, very low NVH level minimal cabin noise, silent & smooth engine easy on potholes at slow speed. Fuel average was around 12kmph on Saturday & Sunday traffic, I am planning for CNG :)

Ride and Handling:
Braking and stability is good on high speeds when driven in straight line

Section Three: Good Bits and Bad Bits

Plus points: Smooth & powerful engine, Silent Engine, Good build quality, Toyota badge, Very comfortable front and rear seats, CVT option is available In all Variants
Minus points: Product discontinued, Seven airbags option is quite costly, No stereo in J & G model, No premium tyres option.

Section Four: Accessories added

Purchased these from Toyota dealer: Seat covers, Music system (Of Etios), Front arm rest, floor mat, mud flaps, trunk mat, temple, perfume.
Purchased from outside: Steering leather wrap, 7D mat cover, GPS tracker with 3 years validity, mobile phone holder, PU tissue box

Few pics are below will share more in coming days:

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

Thanks for reading will keep you posted :)

Toyota sells products globally, but still, it fails to understand certain segment standards. Innova sells like hot pancakes, as there is no other MUV in that segment that offers the level of the ride experience. But when you check other models, it doesn't cater to what the market now demands in terms of features. If they sort that, they can surely retain good products like Yaris.

Top Bottom