Toyota Studying For SUV On Etios Platform (Rs.10 - 12 Lakhs)

Raj,
May be i went a little off topic, I am not comparing M&M with "T" but just saying toyota is and can be capable to producing a VFM SUV in the bracket of 10 -15L.
They are not at all seeing people's comforts,but they will sure do this to make their pockets comfortable by abusing our country's people believing
Indians will purchase any T badge vehicle no matter if its priced higher or lower.

The plastic quality in Etio is not bad, the engine is not bad and its a features are also not bad for its cost range.
All i believe is "you will get what you pay"
Sorry :offtopic: Have you seen the interiors? Ouch Manza and Dzire is way ahead than This.
Yes engine is not bad,but do you like an engine which vibrates a lot thus making your journey uncomfortable?
Do you know the base model of liva Petrol costs 5.02 lacs OTR in Bangalore?
Well i say its "Paying everything for nothing"

The rumours of Toyota Avanza launch have been circulating around since past few years, but till now Toyota has always been denying it. I feel this is not going to be Avanza since the car is based on Etios platform. So the car will be Toyota's attempt to cut the cost and put the new product against Scorpio & Safari.

But doesn't Toyota already have the Innova to target the Safari and Scorpio? Yes Innova is not an SUV , maybe Toyota is trying to create an SUV which offers more off-road capabilities and also maybe to give something new which doesn't get termed as Taxi!

350Z

Core Team
This upcoming vehicle is likely to target Ford EcoSport. Toyota is already enjoying the MUV segment with highly popular Innova. And unless Maruti Suzuki’s R-III snatches some of its buyers, I don’t think Toyota will need to worry much in that segment for now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
Looks like 10L SUV segmet will be hotter in next 2 years from now , so many cars coming.

Agree with Raj here. Except for Qualis, Innova & Fortuner, they have not dominated in other segments.
Reason is taxi market for these & Fortuner did well as there is no truck in 20-23L except Fortuner. Had Ford given good Endy, things would have been different.

Btw, Toyota asks for premium, despite they being non-Merc or Audi. Be it Innova or even their truck. However, 10-15L OTR from Toyota can be interesting & if it is indeed good, then I feel majority of private innova buyers may shift to this truck from MPV. But seeing cost cutting efforts of Toyota, I just hope they don't give us Scorpio for the price of XUV !!

Top Bottom