Toyota Recalling 40,000 Etios and Etios Liva Models

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Attention Etios and Etios Liva Owners:

Toyota Kirloskar is recalling over 40,000 Etios and Etios Liva models which were manufactured before 8th October 2011. The car is reportedly facing a potential defect in the filler hose that could cause an inconsistent fuel supply or leakage problem in future. This recall has been named as “Special Service Campaign”. The affected cars will be repaired free of cost and the dealers will contact the buyers soon. Please get in touch with your dealership for more information or in case you have not been contacted.
“It is a proactive approach by us. This development is not at all dangerous but as per Toyota’s worldwide policy, we are informing customers that they can come to dealers at their convenient time and replace the pipe, We noticed the fault on our own and as a precautionary step we are voluntarily inspecting the cars. These faults don’t pose any “immediate” safety threats,” Said Deputy Managing Director – Marketing, Sandeep Singh.
Etios Recall.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Toyota Recalling 40,000 Etios & Etios Liva Models

But such small defects do happen & Toyota should earn brownie points for being proactive & recalling their vehicles before the customers face any problems. Kudos.

But I dont understand, if its not 'Q' class, why is the Etios so expensive?!

Toyota Kirloskar is recalling over 40,000 Etios and Etios Liva models which were manufactured before 8th October 2011.

40000 means all cars sold till Oct' 11

But I dont understand, if its not 'Q' class, why is the Etios so expensive?!
If there are people to consider Liva for car of the year award in premium hatch back catagory(may be for the extreme and cheap cost cutting [lol]) and Etios for sedan catagory, then Toyota can afford to charge high price.

Last edited:
I got my cars Filler Hose replaced as part of my Etios 10 thousand km second service. Thanks to Toyota for their pro-activeness in this case with prompt & good service experience so far.

I atleast appreciate toyota for their response for feedbacks given by owners and as a part open recalls to change a particular part done, rather then other manufacturers who does it silently not letting customer know about that.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Recalling cars isn’t bad but I don’t expect this to happen at first place from a responsible manufacturer. Toyota is having some serious troubles since a couple of years.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thats may be cause their first step into low cost vehicles, with many cost cutting measures clearly seen in their etios as well as liva.User feedback must be very strong which did make toyota take preventive measures.Yes this early is not a good sign for a newly launched vehicle, but then recalling in and knowing owners they rectified their issues and solving it before owners complain is a good thing to own right.

I know this is a bit off topic .Am I the only one who feels the Etios looks like a Logan? I feel its a no frills car

If there are people to consider Liva for car of the year award in premium hatch back catagory(may be for the extreme and cheap cost cutting ) and Etios for sedan catagory, then Toyota can afford to charge high price.
Man autosafari your amazing wit[lol]

But seriously why toyota needed to make compromise to their core value like quality when they were looking for a India specific car ,beats the drum out of me.You sow what you reap,and that's exactly what's happening to toyota, Q class ha[frustration]

Man autosafari your amazing wit

But seriously why toyota needed to make compromise to their core value like quality when they were looking for a India specific car ,beats the drum out of me.You sow what you reap,and that's exactly what's happening to toyota, Q class ha
You are right Xover.

Toyota earned their name by making trouble free Cars over the years.
But the short stint at the top is spoiling them it seems. Last 2 - 3 years there were millions of recalls.

Lean ways are good in manufacturing.
But they are now becoming the prisoners of their own system and its ironic that Toyota Production systems, acclaimed world over, accepted and emulated by the industrial world is working against them (may be due to Managers becoming more and more mechanical (or electronic!!) and system is missing the application of mind.

The "so called" quality ,brand value , status symbol manufacturers are doing such re-calls! Toyota , Honda and Suzuki all doing several re-calls for the past 3 years in India!

I now feel proud of our Indian manufacturers TATA and Mahindra!

Recalling cars isn’t bad but I don’t expect this to happen at first place from a responsible manufacturer. Toyota is having some serious troubles since a couple of years.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Could not have put it better. Though Recall is a good prompt response from the carmaker, but why to have such small but impacting issues in new vehicles. What about their long term testing? Toyota has over the years build their brand value on customer satisfaction, quality and peace of mind. It feels they were a little hasty in bringing out these products. Although I must say that except for Etios and Liva, their umbrella is full of world renowned products.

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Although I must say that except for Etios and Liva, their umbrella is full of world renowned products.
That’s correct. And I’m very disappointed with what Toyota has offered us on the name of India’s first.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom