Toyota Qualis (2000): Ownership & Restoration

Excellent restoration!!Is it FS or GS ? I Love the engine sound of Qualis.
I'm also in search for a Qualis for my father. What about the prices for spares from Toyota , is it high? I heard that the Qualis spares are of higher price due to import duties.

Thread Starter #141
Excellent restoration!!Is it FS or GS ? I Love the engine sound of Qualis.
I'm also in search for a Qualis for my father. What about the prices for spares from Toyota , is it high? I heard that the Qualis spares are of higher price due to import duties.
Thanks Hari Gangadharan. Wishes to get a good used car.
Yes, you are right. OE Spares are too costly for Qualis. But there are many after market spares available for this car. Frankly say, this is one great model from Toyota.
There are many cars which crossed 5 lakh plus kms and going good.

Hi Amby,
This s ramesh from chennai,How you changed your type 1 to type 2..
I had a idea to change my front grill and head light like type 2, bzs I feel my head light brightness not good .. kindly give me some idea and suggestions to do some change's....

Ramesh.

Thanks Shrijit303, I have taken the interior pictures, but due to some system restriction in my office, i could not able to post that.
Will post as soon as possible.
Hi Amby,

Eagerly waiting for the interior pics of your car.

How many kilometres have you covered till now. Any issues. I hope everything is going good. You have devoted a lot of time for its restoration.

Eagerly waiting for the complete pics of interior as well as exterior also.

Thread Starter #146
Hi Amby,
This s ramesh from chennai,How you changed your type 1 to type 2..
I had a idea to change my front grill and head light like type 2, bzs I feel my head light brightness not good .. kindly give me some idea and suggestions to do some change's....

Ramesh.
Hi Ramesh,
Center Grill alteration need to be done, Since it is the main thing in changing to Type 2.
Then Slight change in head light fitting required. Because the bolt which Type 1 light sits will not suit Type 2.
I will try to check any photos were available in my mobile.
Meanwhile in the earlier posts i have updated the images i believe.

Hi Amby,

Eagerly waiting for the interior pics of your car.

How many kilometres have you covered till now. Any issues. I hope everything is going good. You have devoted a lot of time for its restoration.

Eagerly waiting for the complete pics of interior as well as exterior also.
Sure i will update in next. I got busy in other work.
Facing some starting trouble and electrician suggested to change the heater relay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #150
Hi Guys,
Qualis got fitted with new full Mat. First we pasted the Thermocol mat with the Full mat and applied to the platform. Planning to do some sound and noise proofing with some after market sheets.

Top Bottom