Toyota Qualis (2000): Ownership & Restoration

Thread Starter #31
Great acquisition Ambylovers,

Congrats for your purchase of the qualis, Till this day this car is accepted by everyone no matter and I guess your friend probably didn't realize that he was very much near to the gold.
I once reversed a similar model quails which had run more than 3lakhs kms and the condition was still like new, i.e, no squeaky noise from suspensions, Power steering working like a charm, moved very good.

The rust seems to be a lot and nice to see it getting restored. The Koyas seats looks good. If possible, get the clear lens headlamps and tail lamps, those looked good on qualis.
Thanks Vishwas.
I am planning to make this as RS version, but am not sure how much this will succeed. Because it all depends on how much its going to come for Tinker job.

Clear Lens glass will have additional setting work in front (Tinker).

The best part about you is your love towards these trusted machines and also the gentleman character you displayed when you friend was asking for the token advance refund. Please do post pics of the engine bay, underbody etc. I am expecting you to flood the thread with pics of Qualis just like your Amby threads. All the best.

Thread Starter #33
The best part about you is your love towards these trusted machines and also the gentleman character you displayed when you friend was asking for the token advance refund. Please do post pics of the engine bay, underbody etc. I am expecting you to flood the thread with pics of Qualis just like your Amby threads. All the best.
Thanks ss80.
As usual Tinker is progressing very slowly, but as you said i will post some images of Engine bay.

Thread Starter #34
Hi Guys,
Some of the dashboard designs which i am planning to install in my Qualis. Attaching some of the sample images done by the vendor.

Attachments

I personally prefer the wood panels as in 8th pic with some shinny material, Or even rosewood with shine in it would seem better. Are you planning for beige interiors too?

+100 to Vishwas
Last one any day. BTW is it possible to replace the steering wheel with the one in Innova top end? Or maybe with the one from old gen Corolla?

How is the fit and finish?

Beige must look good in the plain interior of Qualis if done tastefully with correct choice of wood inserts. In fact once I saw a car with wood and piano black finish at places on the beige dash and that looked real classy with a poor fit and finish

Thread Starter #37
+100 to Vishwas
Last one any day. BTW is it possible to replace the steering wheel with the one in Innova top end? Or maybe with the one from old gen Corolla?

How is the fit and finish?

Beige must look good in the plain interior of Qualis if done tastefully with correct choice of wood inserts. In fact once I saw a car with wood and piano black finish at places on the beige dash and that looked real classy with a poor fit and finish
Thanks guys.
But still this is in analysis stage. Because some of my friends were saying it will not be in the same shade all the time.

The quails is a fabulous car. Toyota stopped it for some strategic reasons while launching the Innova. Im sure if it was sld now, there would still be a lot of buyers out there, especially in the tier two cities, towns etc.
Congratulations on your car and happy motoring!!

The taxi segment would have been in queue if Qualis was launched again. its a car with less maintenance more passenger carrying capacity Niggle free car. and mostly its a reliable car and any mechanic can repair it if stranded thats the beauty of it unlike other Toyotas which require only showroom to do the repair.

Thread Starter #40
The quails is a fabulous car. Toyota stopped it for some strategic reasons while launching the Innova. Im sure if it was sld now, there would still be a lot of buyers out there, especially in the tier two cities, towns etc.
Congratulations on your car and happy motoring!!
Thanks Markiv. Toyota was always top in making decisions, but it hurts the valuable customers who were looking for outgoing models.

The taxi segment would have been in queue if Qualis was launched again. its a car with less maintenance more passenger carrying capacity Niggle free car. and mostly its a reliable car and any mechanic can repair it if stranded thats the beauty of it unlike other Toyotas which require only showroom to do the repair.
Thankz Incarnation.
Toyota Qualis work with some less advanced techniques. It doesnt have a Turbo or ECU et., like the newer model cars. It was really a very practical car which we can use for multi purpose.

Thread Starter #41
Hi all,
Searching for a rear door. Since the old door is having lots of paste work done, we apoted for a half hearted search.
Actually i am feeling to keep the old door itself, but Tinker is convincing with the paste work done already will not give a good looks. Mettupalayam market is having rear qualis doors it seems. Will update you soon.

Thread Starter #45
Ambylovers,One question-Are you planning to do a color change or repainting in the same color?
No Shrijit303.
I am planning to retain the white color itself. As i mentioned earlier, there were some formalities in RTO office for this color change. So i don't want to jump into that part.

Top Bottom