Toyota Qualis (2000): Ownership & Restoration

Are you planning a paint job?
I would suggest underbody rust job in any case.

In the pics I could see some major cracks which will contribute to rust acceleration, please have all those attended.

Wow fantastic choice AmbyLovers! I love the qualis. I travel daily in a Qualis which has done over 9 lac kms with odo stuck at 440K kms and it still goes like perfectly normal. It is rather comfortable too. Again I must congratulate you on the choice. All the best! [clap]

Thread Starter #18
Are you planning a paint job?
I would suggest underbody rust job in any case.

In the pics I could see some major cracks which will contribute to rust acceleration, please have all those attended.
Thanks Iron Rock.
I will start with Tinkering process and then move to painting. Since it was raining here , i am not sure about the actual painting process start.

But the Tinkering process will be completed by Oct 25th 2015 and based on the situation i need to plan accordingly. White is the color in the RC book, so will maintain the same.

Issue in Painting different color:
Last month when i went to get FC for my Yamaha RX100. I painted blue and the color mentioned in the book was Black. Actually as per the process, in case if you are changing the color, first step you want to do is to reach out to the place where the vehicle registered for first time and get signed from RTO for color change.
Second step is you can show the same in your RTO and get the FC done.

If the first time registration is also the same RTO means then there will be no issues. In case if you are buying a vehicle from another District of our state, then you need to go there first before proceeding to FC.

Here in my case even though my Qualis is registered in Coimbatore RTO, i dont want to take much risk in that. Anyways Qualis is white too have good appeal.

Wow fantastic choice AmbyLovers! I love the qualis. I travel daily in a Qualis which has done over 9 lac kms with odo stuck at 440K kms and it still goes like perfectly normal. It is rather comfortable too. Again I must congratulate you on the choice. All the best! [clap]
Hey its great to hear that another member who own a qualis in our forum. Whether you are able to source the spares such as Door Bedding, Front bumpers, head lamps etc.,
Kindly add some images of your car.

Thread Starter #19
Hi,
Today we removed the fittings from the car. This includes Door Beedings and glasses, Mats , Seats , Console , Upholstery etc.,

Following were some of the images while Tinker start this process. Meanwhile i will download the entire photos taken during the period.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey its great to hear that another member who own a qualis in our forum. Whether you are able to source the spares such as Door Bedding, Front bumpers, head lamps etc.,
Kindly add some images of your car.
It is not my car. It is a shared cab I travel. Will share pics soon. It is not as well maintained from outside but engine and gearbox and all suspension is just top nick.

Thread Starter #26
Hi all,
As usual work started with snail pace and its increasing day by day. Dashboard is dismantled along with the AC blower. There is some rust under the dashboard which need to be replaced.
Images will show you a clear view on the same.

Thread Starter #27
Hi all,
Uploading some of the images taken while cleaning the car before Tinker and Electrician started his work.

Attachments

Thread Starter #28
Hi guys,
Attaching images of Dashboard dismantle along with the AC Blower and Dashboard Column.

Attachments

Last edited:
Great acquisition Ambylovers,

Congrats for your purchase of the qualis, Till this day this car is accepted by everyone no matter and I guess your friend probably didn't realize that he was very much near to the gold.
I once reversed a similar model quails which had run more than 3lakhs kms and the condition was still like new, i.e, no squeaky noise from suspensions, Power steering working like a charm, moved very good.

The rust seems to be a lot and nice to see it getting restored. The Koyas seats looks good. If possible, get the clear lens headlamps and tail lamps, those looked good on qualis.

Top Bottom