Toyota Qualis (2000): Ownership & Restoration

Thread Starter #91
why don't you remove the lights till the denting painting work gets complete [:)]
Hi adil3996,
I even shouted at the tinker to remove it, but he was as usual lazy in removing. He told that there is some alignment with Bonnet need to be completed.

But now its removed and the car is in Paint shop now.

Before a month i heard some sort of sound from the steering column and i take the vehicle to the service centre they says that the the intermediate shaft to be replaced and i said that replace after the replacing of the shaft there is no sound at all . But after some days i found that some sort of vibration and some sort of uneasy while handling the car .There is no problem in handling the car . What i have to check to solve this problem .

My car is Toyota Qualis Diesel model 2002 odo 138 K . Please help me regarding this matter

Thread Starter #94
Before a month i heard some sort of sound from the steering column and i take the vehicle to the service centre they says that the the intermediate shaft to be replaced and i said that replace after the replacing of the shaft there is no sound at all . But after some days i found that some sort of vibration and some sort of uneasy while handling the car .There is no problem in handling the car . What i have to check to solve this problem .

My car is Toyota Qualis Diesel model 2002 odo 138 K . Please help me regarding this matter
Hi Duttan,
Before taking the qualis to workshop you check Steering Column Rod and Steering box Bed. Manually you can check the shake easily.
First you check inside the cabin. Shake the Rod and check the feel of it.
Secondly open the bonnet or Turn the right wheel leftmost and check the rod which is the join of the interior rod whether there is any shake while touching to the steering box.

Note : Try it in both mode, starting the engine and check the sound. Next switch it off and check for the sound by shaking it.

Surely you can identify the reason.

Ambylovers,awesome work going on the Qualis,The final outcome-A brand new type 2 Qualis.Sorry for posting late.
Thanks Shrijit303,
In my Car only the grill and lights are of type 2 and everything remains with Type 1 model itself. Original Toyota Spares cost you more, So only the front view i am trying to change.

Hi Duttan,
Before taking the qualis to workshop you check Steering Column Rod and Steering box Bed. Manually you can check the shake easily.
First you check inside the cabin. Shake the Rod and check the feel of it.
Secondly open the bonnet or Turn the right wheel leftmost and check the rod which is the join of the interior rod whether there is any shake while touching to the steering box.

Note : Try it in both mode, starting the engine and check the sound. Next switch it off and check for the sound by shaking it.

Surely you can identify the reason.

They says that the remaining mechanicals have no problem . They says first that they intermediate shaft have to replace since it has more shaking and that leds to steering column sound and i replaced the intermediate shaft and the sound was gone . During the shaft replacement
the service adviosr says that the there was a bush which was placed above the shaft have some play and it does not have to replace now
and it will have to replace in future since a small play is their the bush . I am attaches the photo of the bush they said to me

Please rely as possible

Attachments

Thread Starter #96
They says that the remaining mechanicals have no problem . They says first that they intermediate shaft have to replace since it has more shaking and that leds to steering column sound and i replaced the intermediate shaft and the sound was gone . During the shaft replacement
the service adviosr says that the there was a bush which was placed above the shaft have some play and it does not have to replace now
and it will have to replace in future since a small play is their the bush . I am attaches the photo of the bush they said to me

Please rely as possible
Hi,
Is that bush is completely worn off and it allows the two metal parts to touch each other to create the sound and vibration?

Hi all,
Car is washed and done with primer coat. Following were some of the images for your reference.

Attachments

Thread Starter #97
Hi,
First level Paste work (Patti) done and Primer has been applied. Tommorrow we will check for second paste work and proceed further.

Hi ambylovers,
and i think the restoration work is almost over. and again i am saying i am waiting to see your qualis after work. and one doubt are you planning any mods on your qualis after the restoration work gets over?

Awesome,Ambylovers,[:)]the tinker is doing the work nicely.When will the paint be applied?Also,what shade of white you are repainting?waiting to see a brand new Qualis in March.
Thanks

Thread Starter #100
Hi ambylovers,
and i think the restoration work is almost over. and again i am saying i am waiting to see your qualis after work. and one doubt are you planning any mods on your qualis after the restoration work gets over?
Thanks FordFiesta1.6.
Based on the budget only, modification will be planned.

Actually my car is just having a normal music player and basic 4 speaker and 2 tutor type. If budget permits, i am planning to upgrade to some new model.

Secondly Rear AC was not present at this point of time, but it was too costly over here. Starting from 17000 to 25000 in different shops in and around Coimbatore.

Awesome,Ambylovers,[:)]the tinker is doing the work nicely.When will the paint be applied?Also,what shade of white you are repainting?waiting to see a brand new Qualis in March.
Thanks
Shrijit303,
Tinker has done more than what is expected but he was very slow. Painter is gaining fast and hopefully by month end i will take delivery.
Paint, i am planning for Sandal white which i have seen in some Qualis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #103
Good work there.Waiting to see the Qualis on the roads.
Cheers
Thanks VaishakDazzler.
Daily i am pushing Painter to the maximum, So that he atleast work an hour in my car.

Try for the green color. But it should be really painted well.

Thankz msjawahar.
Green Color requires lot of additional cost in Paint and body claddings.
Those fiber need to be fitted in the body which cost more.

White color looks neat in some cars, So opted for it.

Thread Starter #104
Hi all,
Second patti work is completed and primer was loaded to the car to check for any other patch needed. I believe there is no need of paste work again, hopefully with in two days we can proceed with Base coat paint.
T-Board cars are given more care in almost all local workshops because of their frequent visits. Own board cars are always in wait mode.

Thread Starter #105
Hi,
After so many follow ups and check, we are nearing the final coat paint. Now we have done with Primer plus white to check the patti work. Following were the images for your reference.

Attachments

Top Bottom