Toyota Qualis (2000): Ownership & Restoration

Are you replacing the front grill too.The grill which came with the last version of qualis was good looking.

Thread Starter #47
Are you replacing the front grill too.The grill which came with the last version of qualis was good looking.
As of now my plan is to keep the Old model Metal grill itself. Latest model which you have mentioned is Plastic/Fiber Type and its bit costly too.

Thread Starter #49
Hi,
Uploading some more images on the progress. Platform work almost completed and running board work started today.

Attachments

Hi Ambylovers
Nice to see a new project on TAI.. I guess this is the first thread on Qualis Restoration and I am excited to see final result soon.. for people like me type 1 qualis in perfect condition is a head turner.. because its very rare to see this vehicle in top notch condition hope you maintain the originality[:D] Attaching Few pictures of restored Qualis by Autoxsculpt and Original Boucher copy of type 1

Attachments

Hi,even I have also seen a Ad of Qualis in a 2003 Indian Today magazine(still have it).Will be posting soon.
What to say! Hats off to you for restoring a car to its original condition.

Thread Starter #53
Hi,even I have also seen a Ad of Qualis in a 2003 Indian Today magazine(still have it).Will be posting soon.
What to say! Hats off to you for restoring a car to its original condition.
Thanks Shrijit303.
Restoration requires lot of patience. I have learnt this while i was doing Ambassador Restoration.

Parts and planning the day need to be perfect which we need cooperation from the Tinker. They are not planning the day which was the big issue to sort.

Thread Starter #54
Hi Guys,
Attaching some of the images on the progress. Thought of fitting the Type 2 model bumper, but opted for Type 2 bumper itself due to Price for Fiber is more and also i cant fit the Type 1 wheel arch in future.
Front Lights (Head Lamps + Indicator + Grill) planning for type 2 latest.

Attachments

Last edited:
Any plans for changing front Bumper? because T2 lights and grill will not look good on T1 bumper[surprise]
is that rear bumper customised? if your changing the lights buy IJL or LUMAX brand lights... dont go for other brands[:)]

Thread Starter #56
Any plans for changing front Bumper? because T2 lights and grill will not look good on T1 bumper[surprise]
is that rear bumper customised? if your changing the lights buy IJL or LUMAX brand lights... dont go for other brands[:)]
Yes you are right.
Front Bumper i am modifying slightly, Not keeping the same Stock Type 1 Bumper.

Type 2 bumper is looking very nice, but its completely plastic/Fiber. Type 1 is Metal piece, So thought of modifying the steel bumper itself.

A nice steady job going on.I am glued.[:D]
I think that the back lamps need to be little modified for converting it into type 2.[thinking]

Thread Starter #58
A nice steady job going on.I am glued.[:D]
I think that the back lamps need to be little modified for converting it into type 2.[thinking]
I dont think Bumper has an effect on the tail lamps.
Type 2 tail lamps setup will normally have a reflector in the door apart from the tail lamp design.

Thread Starter #59
Hi,
Bought the OE Grill itself. Second quality grill surely needs another coat paint. Lumax headlamps and Indicators too. Fitting are going on and the temporary fitting image will be loaded soon.

Top Bottom