Toyota Innova VX 2012 is Finally Here!

Thread Starter #1
I actually don't know from where to start this review. Dad and me were completely puzzled and couldn't decide for an year so and finally we end up buying an Innova.

Dealership Review - We had booked our car at Castle Toyota Hosiarpur, Punjab around 2 months back. So we got our car well in time. But the experience at the dealership wasn't pleasant at all. They had increased the prices of the car after the excise duty increase. But the flipside of that was that once you car is out of the factory gate and is in transit or at the dealership, the new excise duty doesn't apply to the car. In our case, the car had been dispatched on 10 March and the car arrived the dealership on 16 March and new prices were applied from 17 March. But the dealership guys tried to act smart and told us that we had to pay the 35k increase in Innova price. But I knew our car had come before in hand, so i was stern at my point and eventually I ended up saving 35k! [:D]

Final Quote - 13,02,000 (ex showroom) + 50,000 (Toyota Cashless Insurance) + 78,000(Road Tax) = 14,30,000 No Accessories installed yet.

Car Review - We just got our car today and I haven't driven it much. Once I go for a long drive. I'll go in for detailed review. Till then you enjoy the pics!

I have a query about the leather seats. Which brand should I go for? I have a budget around 20k for it.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for the Innova. Go ahead with that long drive, as we would love to read a comprehensive initial review. Also consider uploading more photographs. :smile:
But the dealership guys tried to act smart and told us that we had to pay the 35k increase in Innova price. But I knew our car had come before in hand, so i was stern at my point and eventually I ended up saving 35k!
Great job. That’s called awareness (Here's a related thread for others: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ot-applicable-cars-stock-before-16-march.html)

I have a query about the leather seats. Which brand should I go for? I have a budget around 20k for it.
Ovion Art Leather Seat Covers are available under 20K. You will have to extend the budget for Genuine Leather. Please create a separate thread for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello yahabhiyah Welcome to TAI and many congrats for your new acquisition the Innova 2012, Your car looks brilliant in that silver color and decent for everyone's liking.

You can try with Stanley too i guess (correct me if i am wrong). But as 350Z said it would cost more for genuine seat covers.

Please post more pics (interiors/exteriors) ASAP and planned for any other extra fitments?

Hey yahabhiyah congrats for the Innova buddy and do share some more pics of of the interiors. Nice color selected.

Thread Starter #5
@350Z - Thanks and I'll surely upload more pics soon.

@Vishwas - Thanks and Yes, i can extend by budget for genuine leather. So in genuine leather, which brand is the best? and pics coming up soon. Moreover I'm planning to install front and rear bumper protector.

@singh890 - Thanks buddy. New pics coming in soon.

Last edited:
Congrats on your Innova ,its a reliable car & can drive it for a lakh or 2 lakh km without worries,its rare for Toyota dealers to have complaints but this looks like greedy middle men case.A friend of mine got his innova top end 2 weeks ago,it costs 17 lakhs odd on road here(we have higher taxes) in Bangalore.

@Vishwas - Thanks and Yes, i can extend by budget for genuine leather. So in genuine leather, which brand is the best? and pics coming up soon.
I don't know too much about the brands offering genuine leather seat covers, Google it, you may find many stores, else ask your dealer that how much it may cost to install one.

Moreover I'm planning to install front and rear bumper protector.
Innova looks good with Nudge bars.

Pic for reference:
Innova1.jpg
This is our member Raj's Innova

Thread Starter #9
Check out the new clicks. Moreover I'm getting an average of 11.5km/l after just 110 kms on the odo. It's pretty nice i guess!

Attachments

Last edited:
@Yahabiyah: Congrats on your New Acquistion.

Wish you miles of safe and Happy Motoring.

The interiors of Innova feels upmarket with those beautiful clusters.

What is the Disp button on steering wheel?

Doesn't this model have cruise feature?

@Yahabiyah:Many congratulations on your acquisition. Innova has toiled & earned its tank like reputation. I always specify for an Innova whenever we go for family holidays. The touchscreen in dash system looks really cool & so does the new steering & speedo. Does your model have bluetooth & reverese camera funtionality?

@Yahabiyah: Congratulations on your Innova. A real no nonsense MUV and one of the most reliable vehicles out there. The new interiors surely have an upmarket feel.

Hope you do a lot of mile munching on the Innova[:)]

Cheers

Congrats buddy. I would suggest that you add a rear spoiler as the rear looks quite bland.

Then consider some nice tints & leather seat covers.

Instead of chrome bull bars in front & rear, try nudge bars as they look cooler.

Thread Starter #15
@mukeshus.. Thanks buddy and cruise feature isn't in this model..

@jazzy.. Thanks and yes, the new innova now has bluetooth and back camera functionality. Both things are pretty cool.

@loboprashanth.. Thanks buddy..

@raj_5004.. Thanks buddy. Leather seat covers are just on the way. I checked out rear spoiler as well. It costs 3k here. I'm in a fix whether to install it or not because i don't wanna spoil its natural look.

Top Bottom