Toyota Innova ‘Aero’ Limited Edition Rolls Out

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Toyota had introduced the Altis Aero Limited Edition a couple of months ago (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...yota-launches-altis-aero-limited-edition.html). Now Innova has also joined the suite with 1,200 limited edition ‘Aero’ units, which will be one sale until December 2012. It is based on GX variant and available in both, Euro 3 and Euro 4 versions. The pricing ranges from Rs.12,25,677 – Rs.12,30,207 (Ex. Showroom, Delhi).

Limited Edition Features:

> Side Skirt

> Roof Spoiler

> Aero Emblem

> Dual Tone Rear Bumper Spoiler

> Dual Tone Front Bumper Spoiler

> New Colours (Super White & Silver Mica Metallic)

Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director (Marketing), TKM, said “Toyota Innova has delighted customers for seven years now. It set precedence by breaking the clutter and introducing a new segment to the Indian market. Its spaciousness, reliability, practicality and ride quality has made it a popular choice with the Indian customers. It packages all the qualities that a customer desires in a family car, making it the most favourite car in its segment. The new Innova Aero will provide new and unique ownership experience to customers who are looking for a trendy and sporty look. We are extremely happy to bring this new offering to our customers for the festive season and thank them for their patronage of this legendary brand – Toyota Innova.
Toyota Innova Aero Limited Edition Sept'12 - 2.jpg

Toyota Innova Aero Limited Edition Sept'12.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Vibhor

My opinion may be subjective, but I feel like these kind of things as "buying a new dress to your kid" and asking 1 Lakh more for it[surprise]. And always they say these are just limited only to few numbers and really do not understand that why they do such cosmetic things !! where overall shape looks same

Just a marketing gimmick.

Other companies provide these as accessories (body kit).

Additionally, since its a Toyota, they are charging high premium for this also.

New colors - White and Silver? Seriously? Looks like a cheap shot to grab market attention away from new launches in the segment (read Duster, Evalia, Ertiga, Enjoy). Grow up Toyota. The Indian buyer is a lot more mature than he was a decade ago.

We buy a limited edition car. Wow!! My car looks different. Has different interior tone. Comes with a unique body kit. Sounds great!! And we pay a premium for it too. But after some time, god forbid, there's a damage to car for whatsoever reason, we're running around to find the limited edition spares!!
Infact the limited edition should come with something meaningful. Instead of some cosmetics, they should have offered a more powerful engine, or new features (no cosmetics). As mentioned in above post, Indian buyer has matured. Especially the segment of buyers who would have bought a limited edition few years back. Since we need to pay a premium for same thing in different wrapper, most of the cost concious Indian buyers wont go for it.
But Toyota need not worry. This limited edition launch would still attract a very few percentage of buyers( The number would be considerable).

in the end it's going to be purchased by call center transporters
and then seen running on highways
for most obvious reasons they have an extra tag of a lac on this limited edition
who keeps a limited edition of an innova upgrade [surprise]

I guess Toyota India got this so called Limited Edition "Infection" from Maruti Suzuki which has a very bad habit of rolling out hideous exclusive editions of their poor selling editions by giving freebies like floor mats, graphics and all possible cheap freebies.
A move not at all expected from Toyota India. Time to show some maturity Toyota.

I guess Toyota India got this so called Limited Edition "Infection" from Maruti Suzuki which has a very bad habit of rolling out hideous exclusive editions of their poor selling editions by giving freebies like floor mats, graphics and all possible cheap freebies.
A move not at all expected from Toyota India. Time to show some maturity Toyota.
I am not sure if this has to do with the maturity of the brand/company. Yes, it could be a business strategy to increase sales.

Many Auto manufacturers produce limited editions of some of their popular models. Even Lexus and BMWs have limited editions. Almost all American Auto manufacturer's release limited editions.

Frankly speaking, this limited edition is utterly useless. You are paying 1 lakh extra for literally nothing. You can get all those better stuffs from outside for better prices. The only point of buying this is to show off saying that I got a Innova limited edition model, only 1200 units is made in India.

Frankly speaking, this limited edition is utterly useless. You are paying 1 lakh extra for literally nothing. You can get all those better stuffs from outside for better prices. The only point of buying this is to show off saying that I got a Innova limited edition model, only 1200 units is made in India.
I think one's head will go Waku - Doki trying to understand what makes this edition stand out from the normal one [roll]

I am not sure if this has to do with the maturity of the brand/company. Yes, it could be a business strategy to increase sales.

Many Auto manufacturers produce limited editions of some of their popular models. Even Lexus and BMWs have limited editions. Almost all American Auto manufacturer's release limited editions.
I have nothing against Toyota, and with maturity, i am specific to their Limited editions. I mean, you can look at the special edition (10th Anniversary) of Tata Vista, although it has nothing much to boast about but still, alloys, some special plating on grills, and some more gave exclusive feel, but in case of Toyota it is nothing. A basic model with extremely basic add ons similar to what Maruti Suzuki gives with its editions of WagonR or Alto. Such a move IMO isnt wise, especially when it comes for a car with Onroad price of 10+ lacs!

Don't know about Lexus as we never owned one (nor do we plan to have it) but as far as BMW or Merc is concerned, they really do have something special.
Eg. Mercedes had launched C250 CDI with AMG sports pack. It costed just over 70k above the price of Avantgarde version of C250 CDI. If you had decided to get all the goodies offered here as add-ons, you would have ended up spending close to 3L !! Only 100 cars were made available & they simply flew off the shelf in no time.

Innova should have given something like DVD player with 9" screen, ottoman seats etc. These Aero things are waste with no real value addition.

Don't know about Lexus as we never owned one (nor do we plan to have it) but as far as BMW or Merc is concerned, they really do have something special.
Eg. Mercedes had launched C250 CDI with AMG sports pack. It costed just over 70k above the price of Avantgarde version of C250 CDI. If you had decided to get all the goodies offered here as add-ons, you would have ended up spending close to 3L !! Only 100 cars were made available & they simply flew off the shelf in no time.

Innova should have given something like DVD player with 9" screen, ottoman seats etc. These Aero things are waste with no real value addition.
You have a point. I would blame the Indian car buyers. I won't be surprised if there are people buying the limited editions just because they are "limited" editions. Indian consumers are not matured. Honestly, in my opinion, there's a huge shortfall of logical and intelligent thinking in the masses among consumers. Add to that, the masses are quiet. I am not sure how many people would actually tell the salesperson that this "limited edition" in such a miserly package is not appreciated. This is crap. The masses generally don't give feedback seriously.

If the customer is not intelligent and matured, the seller will definitely take advantage.

Again, as I mentioned in couple of VW threads, it is important to think what we as a community (TAI) could do to make a positive difference.

Top Bottom