Toyota Fortuner vs Mahindra XUV500

Which SUV is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Now with the arrival of XUV500, THE XOVER can smell one question that is on every SUV lovers' mind--- which is a better SUV between these two.Which has got the looks, the power to be called The King of all Indian SUVs.So forum members voice your opinions here and also vote your favourite SUV between these two.[glasses]

zengetz

Suspended
Haha contest to be declared a king between just two hand picked contestants. No vote ! [thumbsdown]

Thread Starter #3
Lets look at advantages of Fortuner over XUV first:

1. Looks : Now before you start to jump in , I know looks are always subjective, but cm'on Fortuner has got the perfect macho looks one could aspire.Its not that XUV has bad proportions or bad looks, infact its macho looks have made Indians go gaga over it, but to be honest any person with an iota of aesthetic sense would know that its an overstyled car,so Fortuner wins as far as looks are concerned.

2. BRAND: Toyota is better brand than mahindra period.

3. QUALITY : Even though XUV is new, mahindra is trying to fix plenty of niggles in its new car, while the mighty toyota remains niggle free for eternity.

Advantages of XUV to come later.

Xuv 500 has got all additional equipments and well priced over Fortuner,so Fortuner is only for belief purposes.XUV is for fun with giving you an absolute vehicle for your hard earned money.

I like XUV, voted for the same.

Check this Xover :Man takes firm to task over mishap - Hindustan Times
How niggle free fortuner has been.
Horrible.

@Mods can we have separate thread on this fortuner? as we have source news.

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended
Sorry but this is a BS thread. XOVER, please put your 'thoughts' completely too. You just handpicked a few 'Advantages' for fortuner and left this dilly dallying.

Mods - This 'Poll' is of no value.

Anyone agree ?

Thread Starter #9
Now lets see what are advantages of XUV over Fortuner :

1. Safety features : I don't give a damn about the gizmos like cruise control, infotainment etc of XUV, but you can not take your eyes off truth and oversee the safety features it brings to the table.ESP, ROM,All wheel discs,6 airbags,Abs,Ebd, hell it beats fortuner naked when it comes to safety.So XUV wins here.

2.Value for Money: Another area where XUV seems to be untouchable is value it offers through its pricing and features.The top model XUV costs around 12.8L ex-showroom Delhi, which is full 7 lacks cheaper than the mighty toyota.

@ mukeshus

What is this?[anger] When I say Aria is a quality car , raj brings out issues of it from another website, when i say fortuner is niggle free , you bring out this?Buddy at the end of day few cars can always break down, but have you heard one month old Aria or Fortuner consumers complain of constant niggles.

@ raj_5004

This is not an unfair comparo, I have seen many people of my town who were bona fide Fortuner lovers now are patiently waiting for the XUV, so how can you rant that this is unfair to compare both these cars.

Unfair in the sense that one is a 25 lakh vehicle whereas other is a 14 lakh vehicle, there is a difference of more than 10 lakhs! it not like comparing aria, innova & XUV.

@ mukeshus

but have you heard one month old Aria or Fortuner consumers complain of constant niggles.
yes, I have heard. I have already posted some links in another thread. Not just niggles but complete breakdowns & mechanical failures!

Sorry but this is a BS thread. XOVER, please put your 'thoughts' completely too. You just handpicked a few 'Advantages' for fortuner and left this dilly dallying.

Mods - This 'Poll' is of no value.

Anyone agree ?
I agree.

With this vote, I feel The Xover somehow wants the XUV to be 'defeated' by someone... When it dint work out with Aria & Innova, now he bought the Fortuner in picture! Lets see how far this goes, interesting!

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
The new Ford Endeavour based on the Ford Ranger will come and kick both their backsides.

What is this? When I say Aria is a quality car , raj brings out issues of it from another website, when i say fortuner is niggle free , you bring out this?Buddy at the end of day few cars can always break down, but have you heard one month old Aria or Fortuner consumers complain of constant niggles.
Buddy just wanted to share the experiences of a true owner, in the end cars are machines.
So you cannot call a product 100 % reliable.
The same goes with software, you can assure that your product doesn't fail 99%, what about 1 % it may fail.

So the fortuner had failed.

I am not against it, just wanted a fact to be shared on this thread.

The new Ford Endeavour based on the Ford Ranger will come and kick both their backsides.
:offtopic: well i have been very impatiently waiting for some news on the new ford ranger coming to indian shores, its been months they have been launched in thailand, australia, indonesia etc, but still no news about any impending india launch yet.. i am personally waiting for this car and will consider buying it - on paper it looks fantastic and ticks all the boxes i am after..anybody having any insight ?

AMG

Suspended
Well, we will not get the ford ranger, but we will get an all new endeavour based on the ranger.

And I believe it will be there at the Ford pavillion at the Auto Expo.

Well, we will not get the ford ranger, but we will get an all new endeavour based on the ranger.

And I believe it will be there at the Ford pavillion at the Auto Expo.
offcourse i meant the endeavour based on the ranger [:)], ohh thts news to me i wasnt sure if ford were bringing the new endeavour at the expo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom