Toyota Fortuner Driven!

350Z

Core Team
Hey Denom,
In another site I saw that fortuner has got a rear centre armrest!

Drive Safe!
350Z

hey maybe, i did not pay attention to it then, as seats were covered with plastic which was all crumpled & bunched up. but even if its there, i just saw a couple of pics in which its shown but does not look to be very useful as its offset into the right seat, not centrally located so then again won't be of much use/purpose quite lost.

the reason why i dint like the fortuner is because the car's interiors & features are very much similar to the innova that i dont feel like upgrading to it. i mean, even the innova offers ABS, auto HVAC & dual airbags! what is in the fortuner that i should pay 10 lakhs more for it?

1) all time 4WD - which is a waste for me as i would never take a 20 lakh SUV off roading! also, it will penalise FE.
2) looks, styling & height - frankly, i am not too impressed with the looks. its got the size but not the styling. anytime, the captiva looks much better.

Exteriors looks are too good and this in a way increases the expectations from the car. I sat on the driving seat and highish Bonnet and lower seating position disappoints a bit. You don't get that "King of the Road" feeling you get in for eg: Scorpio.
that means similar to the innova.

Quality of dashboard too is plasticy which dosn't goes well with this class of car.
Great. first they dont offer any features in a 20 lakh car. icing on the cake is poor plastics.

Inserted the key, turned it on, kept my left hand on gear knob and started the engine and immediately noticed a jerk in gear knob (Similar to Innova).
excellent. does this vehicle do anything which the innova does not? oh yes, the innova offers more space, better ride & more value for money!

Best part is Multi Info Display showed fuel efficiency of 9.4 in City! Thats too good and comparable to Innova.
2 tonne SUV + 3.0 litre engine + 265 section tyres + all time 4WD = low FE.

i dont think it will give 9 kmpl in city, my innova gives that much!

It must be best feature of Fortuner which unfortunately I could not check out and that is the Off-roadability. Well, lets hope that I get our own Fortuner soon soo that I can go for a good off-road adventure.. :)
no doubt about it. it will be great off road.

Here are few of my observations about the fortuner:-

Engine & Gearbox - Noisy engine especially at starts & quite audible at speeds too, motor torquey & acceleration is brisk, basically rebored version of the Innova, wish this engine was available in the Innova!
why are toyota engines always noisy?

yeah no armrest in centre of centre row seats, since they are folding like innova's, to give access to rearmost seats. Even if centre row of seats are positioned more towards the front, the rearmost seats still will be having insufficient legroom for full sized adults. sorry did not take pics of rearmost seats, remember it was raining!
great! no armrest also!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Looks imposing on road.

Best part is Multi Info Display showed fuel efficiency of 9.4 in City! Thats too good and comparable to Innova.
I got 15.7 kmpl on highway a 65k-km-old Innova.

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
i sat in a fortuner today . liked every part of the ride except the seating, the seats should have been a bit higher, i dint feel much comfortable sitting in them.

But in Gulf countries it dosent have that demand. Heard its manufactured on Toyota Hilux Pick up truck chassis and its not that comfortable

Hey friends nice review. But now, the Ford Endy has also got a facelift and is aiming straight at the Fortuner. So how about a direct comparo of the two?

Ya, i think there is already a discussion in some thread!

I would pick Endeavour any day over Fortuner just for its Huge Presence :)

Top Bottom