Toyota Fortuner Bookings Re-open Yet Again (Jan 2011)

great to hear that..hope toyota can now cope up with production but now i feel fortuner will not have that much demand like initially because all hype has come down and many buyers are disappointed also! and they have many good other choices.

Great calculations there Raj and now i guess then Toyota is enjoying a margin of even more than 5L by selling a single Fortuner!

But whatever be it , i just love this monster even if its costly! Good features , amazing road presence hmmm everything comes at a price!

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
Toyota Fortuner Bookings Temporarily Suspended, Again!

It was barely a month when Toyota re-opened the bookings of much desired Fortuner SUV which brought a broad smile on the face of enthusiasts, But unfortunately, Toyota has now again declared to temporarily suspend the bookings of this mighty SUV by January 2011. It is said that in the month of July 2010 itself, the car received more than 3,000 bookings which has only helped to increase the backlog and hence, this step. With such kind of an unexpected response from buyers and Toyota not able to full-fill it on time, It is a good period going on for the competitors to launch a Fortuner rivaling SUV which could definitely help to attract those buyer who are only hoping to get their Fortuner any soon.

Yes there should be a competitive suv for say land rover from tata around 25-30 lakhs

their new land rover if assembled in India could it come to that price? or else :stupid:

is there any suv on the line up now .I think Nissan has one ? should be 7 seater or else it wont click here my opinion

Last edited:
Hmm... Toyota is already facing a huge mess in the global market with stick pedal issues and steering issues.

Now this delay!!! This is not a good sign. [frustration]

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team
Ever since Toyota launched the Fortuner in India, the saga of closing and re-opening the bookings is just going on. Now that 2011 is here already, Toyota has announced the commencement of bookings for Fortuner yet again. However, this time what remains to be seen is that, after the release of competitors like BMW X1 and Hyundai Santa-Fe, whether this SUV would receive that energetic response as it did a year ago?

Drive Safe,
350Z

A Fortuner is still considerably cheaper than X1 and Santa-Fe , so i think the bookings will close yet again after a few months!:smile:

Being a Toyota it will be trouble free and i still prefer Fortuner when it comes to looks atleast!

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
how much does a fortuner costs ??
Toyota Fortuner’s Ex. Showroom price in Delhi is Rs.19,64,320.

what is the reason for booking closing and re-opening? Huge demand?
The reason is simply huge demand and less supply. Just after the launch, Fortuner received booking orders more than the number of units that company had produced. Hence, the backlog and long waiting periods.

I heard they have 6 months waiting period.
I think since they have reopened the bookings now, the backlog must be cleared already. No?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom