Toyota Etios Touches One Lakh Sales Mark

Etios Interior Upgrade Review

The review of changing the Etios interiors into beige color is here,

Toyota has launched another upgrade to its best selling Etios series. The car now gets beige interiors and fabric upholstery. Toyota had launched the Etios 2012 model at the Auto expo back in January.

The Etios got darker interiors and many more changes like thicker door trims, better NVH for the petrol powered cars etc. The darker grey interiors were not well accepted by many customers as it did not give the car the plush look.

After studying the crucial feedback gained from valuable Toyota customers the company has upgraded the Etios interiors to beige and also have upped the upholstery quality. Apart from this the car also gets new fabric upholstery, beige coloured door panels, cloth inserts on the door panels and chrome door handles.

The beige interiors are offered on the top end models only. We hope Toyota considers the new interiors on the lower variants also. The headrests are integrated with the seats and do not get separate headrests like those available on the Etios sold in the Brazilian markets.

The Etios has helped Toyota to quickly climb the sixth spot in the Indian car market, but the Japanese car maker seems not to be very happy with this. The company is looking for a larger growth and higher numbers.

With new beige interiors, Toyota brand and reliability, the Etios certainly seems more favorable now.

So,this is the review for Etios interiors upgrade

Review Courtesy-http://goaonwheels.com/new-models/gow-exclusive-toyota-etios-gets-beige-interiors/

Thread Starter #17
I am sure this interiors will be carried over to Liva as well, along with this change they should have improved the plastic quality in the interior as well.

This change was long overdue for ETIOS twins, even before its launch.
But thankgod Toyota realized & admitted the fact about the non-popularity & undesirable results of these understated products.

Lets hope, they've ironed out its minor plastic niggles also.
Else, these cars deserved more success, if these cars would've been designed in a slightly more upmarket manner with 20-30k additional cost in mind.

Below my email to toyota japan to make him realise that why i am not purchasing toyota product.

After test driving toyota liva petrol i like its handling very much compare to others in the same segment,although its very difficult to digest the interior quality and design of this toyota.

I have never expected this type of quality from toyota atleast.as my brother insisted me to test drive toyota product as he is using it since very long.he loves to driving his toyota avensis more against its mazda 6.(he stays in chile.)

So seeing its handling and ride quality i have overlooked this interior quality part.

While i have almost decided to purchase this Amazing machine then one fine day i am amazed to see lots of complain for the front suspension are written on the online threads everywhere and the most shocking is toyota india still not able to rectify this problem.

Hence i have postponed my new car purchase for a while.

Below is the link of complain made by toyota user.

Toyota Liva diesel - a first experience 4429 | CarDekho.com

Same old cheap interiors, instead of putting grey granules in moulding machine, they put in cream, thats all. The feel still remains poor.

There is a difference between having a fair skin & having fair & lovely skin.[lol]

OFFICIAL: TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR INDIA SAYS NO TO ETIOS COMPACT SEDAN AND LIVA BASED CROSSOVER

Official: Toyota Kirloskar India says NO to Etios Compact Sedan and Liva based Crossover | IndianCarsBikes.in
It would be great if Toyota improves the following in the interiors of Etios/liva siblings -

- slightly better plastic quality (if not the I20/polo types, atlest the Swift type of plastics)
- introduce tachometer in all variants of Etios/liva (common, what's the big saving they get by removing a tachometer ?? )
- introduce MID
- introduce door gaskets to address the engine and road noise levels in the cabin (though it has much improved in the current version i have - Nov 2012 petrol). Then it can compete with the likes of i20, polo, jazz etc
- a bit of a design change to the dashboard (especially doing away with the outdated design of the AC control)

2007 december when i bought my toyota innova G4,i asked the sales manager whether i may get any discount or any accessery on compliment mud-flap or floor mat as we usually do the guy commented sir this is a toyota product and the company do not need to give a discount to sell their products like maruti do.i really was proud after hearing that as i was going to own a toyoto product. But now i really feel pity to toyota on giving huge dicount on etios and liva to reach this goal.

2007 december when i bought my toyota innova G4,i asked the sales manager whether i may get any discount or any accessery on compliment mud-flap or floor mat as we usually do the guy commented sir this is a toyota product and the company do not need to give a discount to sell their products like maruti do.i really was proud after hearing that as i was going to own a toyoto product. But now i really feel pity to toyota on giving huge dicount on etios and liva to reach this goal.
I personally find this attitude of Toyota arrogant that they don't offer anything on their cars like Innova, Corolla and Fortuner.
I too got just the car when I bought my Corolla, all they gave was car - a fully loaded car with a proud 'T' badge on it. But yes, now I realize the worth of that 'T' badge, the badge in itself costs at least 50k when compared to brands like Maruti, Tata or M&M etc.

Why Etios and Liva are not selling??
Simple, because Toyota isn't able to strike the cord.

The customer of any segment is ready to pay upto +20% for a better product but in the said segment the price factor plays a very important role.
Now if we look at the prices of Etios and Liva and then compare the car overall then we find Etios and Liva like bare bone vehicles as comapred to the competition. Either Toyota decrease the prices or add features, else the cars will sell the same way.

Complete Agree ! I don't know about other cities, but in Bangalore, there are those traditional 20k discounts available on the petrol variants of Etios and Liva. But if you see the market currently, except Maruti, all other car manufacturers are raining discounts like cats and dogs. Consider Hyundai for example - the entire world is aware of their huge discounts across segments of cars thanks to their excessive publicity in newspapers, Radio FM and TVs. I guess car manufacturers are struggling this year to move their existing inventory and with the new year already started, they will be under huge pressure to get rid of their piled up inventory to launch their 2013 models, whether refreshed or just a new label.

Top Bottom