Toyota Etios Sedan Launched @ Rs.4.96 Lacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a fat alto!

Didn't like the centre Speedo console.

Not sure about the level of quality of plastics. Looks cheap in images.

whats wrong with the interiors? [surprise] I hated it. Hatchback from outside looks good. Hope they dont go with the red interiors. Grey would be nice.

All depends on the engine and price though. Are we going the Jazz way?

Thread Starter #33
Its concept car, i am sure they will change interiors better.
I think toyota is planning to keep price with-in 5 lakhs.

Its concept car, i am sure they will change interiors better.
I think toyota is planning to keep price with-in 5 lakhs.
Am not so sure the interiors wont be retained, but those alloys and the tires are not going to make it!!

Thread Starter #35
Toyota has also announced that the Etios Hatchback will retail for around Rs.4.5-5 lakh and will be powered by a 1200cc petrol engine. The Etios will mark Toyota's foray into the B+ car segment and will compete against the likes of Hyundai's i20, VW polo's and Maruti-Suzuki's Swift. The Etios sedan will be priced around the Rs.10 lakh mark and will be powered by 1500cc petrol engine. It will compete against the current C segment offerings like Ford's Fiesta and Honda's City top name a few.

350Z

Core Team
My take on Toyotas...

Toyota Etios hatchback looks nice from front but rear is nothing to write home about. Manufacturers need to be tricky when dealing with this hatchback segment in India because its really warming up every day. Let us wait and watch how the production model rivals with German player which has introduced the much awaited Polo.

On the other hand, It is a great news that car maker like Toyota Launched the Etios (Hatch/Saloon) first in India and we should be proud that Indian market is not taken lightly.

Speaking about Etios Saloon, I liked this car but frankly it doesn't really gives an impression to be priced at whopping Rs.10 Lakhs! As i said earlier, IMO It shares some designing cues from Renault Logan, Especially Quarter Rear. Rear tail lamps are bulgy and looks un-proportionate. However, From what we can observe from these Pictures by TAI, The car seems to be roomy enough from inside plus the interiors are attractive! But again, What needs to be seen is what Toyota has stored in box for production model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Etios Hatch has an edge in tecnology & pricing is good.

But for Etios sedan, the pricing is really on he higher side.

It really doesn't have the upmarket feel for 10lakhs!

Well the timing of launch decides everything!

AUTO HUB INDIA's verdict

First picture:-

Etios hatch is new no doubt, but the "angry" looking grill does not attract much.The front feels dull with not much design works,infact feels dated.

Second picture:-

Etios sedan is no different than its hatch.Not so attractive and dated design,overally.

Third picture:-

Again mistake done in dash design as done by TATA and Chevrolet by placing instrument panel in the center.The vertically placed twin center blowers look different but may not be that useful.The center widescreen display seems to be a gps,dis,and mid probably.The steering mounted controls look similar to SX4.The dash also dont feel so modern in design,as it should have been.Not much storage space is provided.

Fourth picture:-

The seats are sporty,otherwise cabin is dated.

MY VERDICT
:-
I dont expect this dull and dated designed products from Toyota,these models would have been acceptable if they were from Renault stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the pics of Etios hatch/Sedan concept. I dont think the colour tone of the interiors will be same in the production models.
But i think the exterior of both the cars looks a bit dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom