Toyota Etios Road Test Drive Review

Re: Toyota Etios Road Test Review

good review Akash, pretty much covers up the information.Me too had the chance to TD Etios and the one i did was its top end variant VX.Car surely has made its presence felt in indian car market.Its a complete package for indian customers for which toyota took this long years to sum it up.But then there are some flaws as well.Panel gaps are uneven which is unlike toyota at certain areas.AC vents seems to be taken from some 80"s cars.Engine noise is pretty much audible crossing 3k mark.Sound insulations arent upto what toyota is known for, but then given the price what this car is offered, its excellent product.Amazing space all around with maximum boot area, rear seats as well as front.

Thread Starter #32

good review Akash, pretty much covers up the information.Me too had the chance to TD Etios and the one i did was its top end variant VX.Car surely has made its presence felt in indian car market.Its a complete package for indian customers for which toyota took this long years to sum it up.But then there are some flaws as well.Panel gaps are uneven which is unlike toyota at certain areas.AC vents seems to be taken from some 80"s cars.Engine noise is pretty much audible crossing 3k mark.Sound insulations arent upto what toyota is known for, but then given the price what this car is offered, its excellent product.Amazing space all around with maximum boot area, rear seats as well as front.
Thanks Vijay, you seem to have noticed all the important things during your TD. As for the TD vehicle i drive, although it had some cheap plastic bits all around, the panel gaps were no where to be seen.
But for the price it is offered, i find it one of the tough contender of its segment.

yes akash, i do agree for what it offers on the given price bracket is pretty good but then not to the toyota Q it always speaks of.Also the red paint given on gear know started to peel off on my TD vehicle.

Thread Starter #34

yes akash, i do agree for what it offers on the given price bracket is pretty good but then not to the toyota Q it always speaks of.Also the red paint given on gear know started to peel off on my TD vehicle.
Yes, i do agree wit that gear peeling. Even the car which i tested also had scratches on it, but i guess thats a minor issue and the red head is only on the VX variants.

Expect an improvised version of Etios sometime soon.

well i hope and also wish toyota think of getting its diesel heart on Etios sooner and before Liva, which wont be the case.

Great review there Akash! I have been waiting for this review for sometime now!

I find Etios complete VFM! And i never knew it had a DVD player??!! I believe none of its competitors have this , forget the competitors even some of the cars costing thrice the price of Etios do not have a DVD player! Shows that Toyota have done their homework well and Etios is surely made for India! I am also quite impressed with the legroom on offer! I have seen only one Etios till now , i actually mistook it for a Logan!

BTW how was its high speed stability? I am keen on this because of its ultra light weight body! And were the body panels flimsy like Innova?

I have seen only one Etios till now , i actually mistook it for a Logan!

BTW how was its high speed stability? I am keen on this because of its ultra light weight body! And were the body panels flimsy like Innova?
this is exactly what i was saying to you guys before its launch, when i saw etios before its launch, looks exactly like logan fron side and rear profiles.
Regarding stability yes it is pretty much but body panels do feel like filmsy like innova.

Thread Starter #38

Great review there Akash! I have been waiting for this review for sometime now!
I find Etios complete VFM! And i never knew it had a DVD player??!! I believe none of its competitors have this , forget the competitors even some of the cars costing thrice the price of Etios do not have a DVD player! Shows that Toyota have done their homework well and Etios is surely made for India! I am also quite impressed with the legroom on offer! I have seen only one Etios till now , i actually mistook it for a Logan!
Thanks Dhaya. Yes DVD player is first in class, add to that it is capable of playing AVI formats. As for the cabin space, it is good enough to satisfy tall occupants like you and me[lol].

The body panels are skinny especially the bonnet which feels ultra light. However the light weight actually translates to excellent handling and a better power to weight ratio leading to a best in class drive.

^

Even Baleno weighed 975 kgs. Around the same weight bracket as the Etios!

I had never faced any problem @ high speeds in my Baleno. It was as solid as rock @ 150 kmph.

So I guess, Etios should not have any problem with that!

Thread Starter #40

^
Even Baleno weighed 975 kgs. Around the same weight bracket as the Etios!
I had never faced any problem @ high speeds in my Baleno. It was as solid as rock @ 150 kmph.
So I guess, Etios should not have any problem with that!
Exactly buddy. The light weight never bothers the drive or the ride quality. However the thin body panels especially the bonnet wont be loved by all. The Toyota Innova is already infamous for the flimsy panels, and the Etios too feels more or less the same.

However the light weight actually translates to excellent handling and a better power to weight ratio leading to a best in class drive.

more etios showing up in my home town.
to be honest i am mistaking them for mahindra logan i feel it resembles greatly.

even though i look forward to the benefits of light wieght cars yet i dont feel they are safe for sure footed perfomance.
i think scorpio is much heavier than innova if so i have seen braking behaviors of both and managed to ask about it with the owners. while innova tend to give a side drag and scorpio would stop conveniently

yes quite few of etios are delivered and even i too see some of them on roads now and its quite easy to mistake them with logan.

Thanks a lot Archit. I guess most of the people have the same opinion about the car as yours because in even here, the waiting period for Etios sedan is 9months.[surprise]

Toyota Etios Liva will be launched in March this year.
i don,t agree.i got delivery in 45 days[:)]

Hello Anu Rao, Welcome to TAI . Congrats on your new Etios [clap] , Please introduce yourself in 'Introduction' section and share your ownership experience [thumbswink].

Ha ha yes Akash i am really impressed with the legroom on offer in the Etios!

BTW as others said spotting lots of Etios in the streets of Chennai these days and to be frank each time i mistake it for a Logan!

Top Bottom