Toyota Etios Road Test Drive Review

Thread Starter #17
Re: Toyota Etios Road Test Review

very good review . people will buy this car only because Toyota tag
Ofcourse the Etios has an advantage of Toyota badge but the main USP of this sedan is its practicality at the price it is being offered. It has got the best comfort in its segment, best in class safety feature, With the fact that other than base model, all other variants have the option of Safety package(V & VX come with ABS and Airbags as standard).
And last but not the least it comes with the Toyota reliability and great A.S.S. I will get the service costs and the cost of general spares soon. Keep a watch on this thread.

well i meet 5 owners of etios . every one said same thing toyota tag that's why i mentioned it . i haven't took TD of it , planning soon .

If they are able to keep service cost and spare cost low then its win-win situation for them . will keep my eyes on this thread

Thread Starter #19

Very true. People got more attracted towards this sedan mainly because of the brand image of Toyota. Even i was not expecting much from Toyota especially when the speculations of low pricing came up. However after reviewing it, i felt Etios is a complete VFM package. I wish premium manufacturers like Honda too brings in something like this in future.

As for the service costs, i will update this thread as soon as possible.

akash, thanks for that excellent review.

saw etios on road of home town. it looks real cheap [anger].

could not like the front nor the rear, looks weird from regular Toyota cars!!

but seems like toyota is offering a great package[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #21

akash, thanks for that excellent review.

saw etios on road of home town. it looks real cheap [anger].

could not like the front nor the rear, looks weird from regular Toyota cars!!

but seems like toyota is offering a great package[thumbsup]
Thanks Jayadev. As i mentioned in the report, the styling of Etios is not very appealing, however for i find it better designed than the other cars of the segment.

Great review. Kudos.

Just want to know do you have any insight about Etios Liva as that is the car I am looking eagerly to venture next.

Thread Starter #23

Great review. Kudos.
Thanks Krishna.

Just want to know do you have any insight about Etios Liva as that is the car I am looking eagerly to venture next.

Liva which is basically a hatch back version of Etios will be powered by the 1.2L Petrol Mill and is expected to launch in the month of March.

Thanks Krishna.

Liva which is basically a hatch back version of Etios will be powered by the 1.2L Petrol Mill and is expected to launch in the month of March.
Last week I visited a Toyota dealer in bangalore and they as of now have no idea about any release date/price band/variants. Hope toyota will also launch it with the price band comparing to Etios sedan.

Thread Starter #25

Last week I visited a Toyota dealer in bangalore and they as of now have no idea about any release date/price band/variants. Hope toyota will also launch it with the price band comparing to Etios sedan.
Krishna, a thread dedicated to the launch of Liva has already started, lets continue the discussions here.

Akash, its an amazing review. More pictures to support your words. IMO, I would say this is going to be a hot cake and a big time competetor for Dzire & Manza apart from the Diesel factor.
BTW, a TATA battery inside a toyota?[surprise]
My major dislike about this car - Central speedometer and odo display, AC vent embedded with glove compartment, too much of silver & interior color (No offence prospective owners).
My major like about this car - Alloy wheels, Fog lamp & headlights.

Thread Starter #27

Akash, its an amazing review. More pictures to support your words.
Thanks[:)].

IMO, I would say this is going to be a hot cake and a big time competetor for Dzire & Manza apart from the Diesel factor.
BTW, a TATA battery inside a toyota?[surprise]
Etios has already proved itself as a hot cake. With over 20,000 booking and waiting periods mounting to about 8months (Toyota Nagpur), i think its high time Toyota gives serious thoughts to ramping up their production,

My major dislike about this car - Central speedometer and odo display, AC vent embedded with glove compartment, too much of silver & interior color (No offence prospective owners).
The red interiors are exclusive for the VX variant.

20,000 bookings? Thats fabulous. Yeah, IMO they will try ramping up their production based on the market after few months on road.
BTW, what color interior is available for the other variants? Just beige/grey?

Thread Starter #29

Like i mentioned in my previous post, the top end VX variant has Red+Black Upholstery, while the V (just below the VX variant) is stitched with Black+Grey interiors. The other variants (J and G base) get the single tone Black interiors.

Theres no option of beige interiors as they are are not in trend these days.

Top Bottom