Toyota Etios Liva Hatchback Starting Price Rs.3.99 Lakhs

In 2012 Indian goverment must wake up make recall policy compulsory and at the same time make atleast abs mandatory for all carmakers in India on all their vehicles . You are 1000% right that since there are no strict rules in India carmakers take Indian buyers for a ride and that too a unsafe , expensive ride .
Airbag's will be made mandatory on all cars post 2014

I am really surprised to hear complains about cheap interiors and this and that from Etios/Liva owners. I just want to ask all of them that were you forced to buy this car by any means. It's your decision and you must have taken it after examining the so called cheap interiors, missing gaskets and all so why blame it to the car or even to Toyota. If you would have found the product so bad then you should have moved to a different car in the first place.

@Raja, buddy, Etios/Liva is a strong product and would not be ignored by any means. A testimony to this is the increasing number of Etios in cab segment. Moreover, if we call Etios crap then Dzire would even do down further. but it sells despite all the niggles, rattles that come free with all Marutis.

I just want to stress on one point is that, you have the choice to evaluate the product prior to purchase, at-least on the parameters that we can touch, feel and see. So, if after evaluation we go for a product then at least we shall not complain about such things.

Plus, I can very much vouch for the capabilities of Etios in performance, ride quality, and driveability. It's is very good if not best. All cars have pros and cons and adaptability lies in living with them making the best out of your drive.

freakdude.

In 2012 Indian goverment must wake up make recall policy compulsory and at the same time make atleast abs mandatory for all carmakers in India on all their vehicles . You are 1000% right that since there are no strict rules in India carmakers take Indian buyers for a ride and that too a unsafe , expensive ride .
Government should banned the sales of these defective vehicles first with immediate efffect. Recalling of defective vehicles comes after this.but due to govt lousy attitude towards safety of indians these car manufacturers still manage to sell their defective vehicles in large numbers.
See swift/i10/i20/liva sales records.

I am really surprised to hear complains about cheap interiors and this and that from Etios/Liva owners. I just want to ask all of them that were you forced to buy this car by any means. It's your decision and you must have taken it after examining the so called cheap interiors, missing gaskets and all so why blame it to the car or even to Toyota. If you would have found the product so bad then you should have moved to a different car in the first place.

@Raja, buddy, Etios/Liva is a strong product and would not be ignored by any means. A testimony to this is the increasing number of Etios in cab segment. Moreover, if we call Etios crap then Dzire would even do down further. but it sells despite all the niggles, rattles that come free with all Marutis.

I just want to stress on one point is that, you have the choice to evaluate the product prior to purchase, at-least on the parameters that we can touch, feel and see. So, if after evaluation we go for a product then at least we shall not complain about such things.

Plus, I can very much vouch for the capabilities of Etios in performance, ride quality, and driveability. It's is very good if not best. All cars have pros and cons and adaptability lies in living with them making the best out of your drive.

freakdude.
Freak dude you are right in what you said completely hence my answer was just ignore the etios twins guess what happens then ? Car maker is forced to make some changes which the market wants .
Liva is product from Toyota and brio is a product from Honda if you compare the features inside iam not talking about look because it's highly subjective . Features , comfort and the feel good factor is not there in the liva or etios and again this products are not cheap to buy by market standards .
Reliability if we consider sumo gold is very high on the list and bolero too but they are often used by taxi market , etios is used in taxi market for a simple reason because it has big boot , good space and the taxi market cares a hoot for how the feel good factor is in the car .
In this case I give a huge round of applause to tata and mahindra that they gave manza and the refreshed verito .
The point is Toyota the way they are introducing their products gives a feeling that they are taking Indians granted and selling their so called reliability card a way too much .
I would have not complained a bit if instead of etios twins Toyota would have introduced the yaris twins because it actually is a right product to compete with dezire, manza , verito , brio, swift , micRa and pulse .
There is no doubt that Toyota makes reliable engines but then reliable engine is just 1 part of equation in buying a car and it's unfortunate to say that in rest all parameters the etios twins fail by a huge margin and since are not chart busters and as you said its hit in taxi segment because that's what it deserves .

Freak dude you are right in what you said completely hence my answer was just ignore the etios twins guess what happens then ? Car maker is forced to make some changes which the market wants .
Liva is product from Toyota and brio is a product from Honda if you compare the features inside iam not talking about look because it's highly subjective . Features , comfort and the feel good factor is not there in the liva or etios and again this products are not cheap to buy by market standards .
Reliability if we consider sumo gold is very high on the list and bolero too but they are often used by taxi market , etios is used in taxi market for a simple reason because it has big boot , good space and the taxi market cares a hoot for how the feel good factor is in the car .
In this case I give a huge round of applause to tata and mahindra that they gave manza and the refreshed verito .
The point is Toyota the way they are introducing their products gives a feeling that they are taking Indians granted and selling their so called reliability card a way too much .
I would have not complained a bit if instead of etios twins Toyota would have introduced the yaris twins because it actually is a right product to compete with dezire, manza , verito , brio, swift , micRa and pulse .
There is no doubt that Toyota makes reliable engines but then reliable engine is just 1 part of equation in buying a car and it's unfortunate to say that in rest all parameters the etios twins fail by a huge margin and since are not chart busters and as you said its hit in taxi segment because that's what it deserves .
Freakdude toyota this time taken indians for granted their is no doubt in that i dare them to launch this vehicle in us or uk markets..only question is why car companies treat indians like this.this is the question they are not selling liva for
3lakhs.they are asking double of that even than they r selling totally compromised product in terms of quality interior And suspension fault is another story.why we indians bear niggles in any car .we want perfect car for this country too like usa and uk. this all im asking and u r saying we have choice to select the car but y r these companies sale their faulty cars in india this cant be tolerated.

I totally agree to both of you Raja and Sanjay. My comment was to the owners who complain about cheap interiors, gasket missing and all. You are correct that we should walk away from a product if we don't find it at par, but at-least the owners who have purchased after examining the car shouldn't fuss about things.

freakdude.

I totally agree to both of you Raja and Sanjay. My comment was to the owners who complain about cheap interiors, gasket missing and all. You are correct that we should walk away from a product if we don't find it at par, but at-least the owners who have purchased after examining the car shouldn't fuss about things.

freakdude.
Yes u are absolutely correct who have already bought it after seeing the car should not be blaming atleast for interiors but this car has serious suspension defects which toyota still unable to find the solution.hope toyota engineers comes with the solution asap otherwise government is also held responsible for allowing the sales of defective vehicles.

freakdude.
I am an owner who bought the car without worrying about the interiors. Of course, when I sit inside an Aveo or even a Dzire, the interiors are much superior, but for me that was something obvious at the time of buying and hence I don't see the point of cribbing about the same.

But in the case of the missing gasket, even though I was well aware that there will be a dust formation, after buying the car, I feel that it leads to increased wind noise.

I have just posted in my ownership thread about flimsy bumpers that was damaged in an accident. Now this is something that Toyota should really work on.

Even with these negatives, I am happy about the driveability and the ride quality of the car in highways.

During my 1 month car research to buy my new Hatchback car, i was impressed with the Etios liva petrol's drivability and comfort that it offers. The only sore point for me was its interior look and feel and some missing accessories.

But with this new beige interiors, the interiors now feel very fresh, roomy and spacious (already its a segment topper in terms of space). Also for the price at which it comes, the G SP petrol model makes a lot of sense. For example, the G SP petrol model with Airbags, ABS and EBD is still cheaper than the I 20 Magna or Polo Comfortline by a big margin. And also the current beige interiors makes the car look much better from interiors than its previous avataar.

I have gone ahead and booked the car. My major criterias were
1) Good drivability
2) Comfort and Space (am 6'3 inches)
3) hassle free ownership and low maintenance
4) a top quality and reliable brand
5) Reliability
6) A car with all the above features plus safety packages (read Airbags, ABS & EBD) within 6.25 lakhs

Only Etios Liva fitted the bill the best. And now with its new Beige interior looks, its makes more VFM sense compared to say an I20 or Polo...

Heartiest congrats Anand for your Liva. Per drive-ability it easily scores over the others. Please post some interior pics if you have taken.

freakdude.

Heartiest congrats Anand for your Liva. Per drive-ability it easily scores over the others. Please post some interior pics if you have taken.

freakdude.
Thanks Freakdude ! Has anybody bought the Etios Liva with the new improved interiors and suspension in the past 2 months? If yes, can you post your views please.

Friends can anybody give an ownership review of Toyota Etios Cross? A test drive review will also do. I am interested about the car particularly engine capacity above 1.2 litr.

Top Bottom