Toyota Etios Liva GD (2013) Review & Pictures: Likable Liva

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: Toyota Etios Liva GD (2013) Test Drive Review

But I was surprised when he said that even the dealers are not happy with the quality of interiors and certainly it doesnt feel like a Toyota, so he was certain that even I was faking the impressiveness!.
It looks Toyota has learnt a lesson since improved interiors now appear aesthetically pleasing. However, overall quality still needs huge improvement and can’t be called ‘Q’ class by any means unlike the manufacturer claims.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I purchased the liva gdsp diesel version in March 2013.have put my initial ownership report on TAI. The vehicle is good to drive, the city FE is hovering between 16-17 km/lt with 100% AC on in Pune's crawling traffic. where I cannot use even the fourth gear. AC is also good and most important I found the overall visibility to be good.

The only downside is the little high NVH. Otherwise it is the most practical diesel hatch with superb brakes.

For bring down NVH, I am evaluating options such as,
1. Damping the floor with Dynamat superlite pads
2. Use under-body 3M rubberized coat

Excellent writeup Vibhor, Liva in Kinetic Blue always looks good to my eyes, FE figures are impressive.

@amiti What FE figures do you get on highway ?

Excellent writeup Vibhor, Liva in Kinetic Blue always looks good to my eyes, FE figures are impressive.

@amiti What FE figures do you get on highway ?
By Toyota standards, my guess is that this car should give me atleast 18-19 kms/lt in city with 100% AC on. I am getting 16-17 kms/lt in city. Car has run @4000kms till date.

On highway, I had been only once. That time, I came from Dapoli >> Kashedi ghat (climb) >>poladpur >> Mahabaleshwar (climb) >> Wai >> got stuck for 3 hrs with car on with AC on all time >> Pune it gave me 17.81 kms/lt.

I have also changed my tires from 175/65 R14 to 185/65 R14 on day one.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/images/reviews/toyota-etios-liva/specifications.png

a small mistake where the width of uva mentioned, it has missed out on 1690 and shows only 690, mods do the needful over there.

Vibhor, excellent review buddy.Yes thats what toyota worked for these long years in bringing their vehicles specially made for Indian market.Space and space and more space was what they looked along with reasonable pricing to own, with good FE.Thats the basics that was being looked for and they did a fairly decent job as well putting across both the hatchback and sedan version of etios family.
I loved this silver finishing on gear shift compared to what they had as red on etios which faded very fastly and easily paint chirped off too.
Diesel is a boon to drive in city area with low torgue and minimum lag makes is very smooth drive.But on personal note i was expecting better product then etios from toyota, atleast basics could have been improved which they did later on with single wiper blade, yes it is stil there, rubber beading on doors, no paddings on bonnet for silent cabins, small things were not expected from toyota.
Loved this kinetic blue shade looks superb on liva, give it a nice rubber along with cool alloys and this would be hot hatch.
Toyota finally thought to give better interiors with new lighter shades making it more roomier and airy compared to boring dull grey ones.
Also loved their new dark grey shade offered on etios now, not sure same is available on liva as well.

NVH feels better than older version. However it is no where near to swift dezire after it warms up.
This is the only thorn in liva's flesh. I am considering adding dynamat superlite to entire floor of liva as mentioned in my previous post. Let's see how it goes.

The SA said that post 5000kms the sound will reduce more. However I don't believe him for now.

Yesterday I had a chance to sit in New Liva diesel as I hired a genie cabs and my view about the car as follows

1. Oh man it is dam spacious at the back with good thigh support
2. A/C was chilling
3. Speedo meter is well placed and better than the one behind the steering wheel
4. NVH, hmm very very impressive when I compare my Ritz. It is really silent inside
5. Ride comfort surprisingly very good
6. FE, spoke to the driver and it was stunning to note as he says he gets 18 with AC in city and 22 on highway.
7. Only steering wheel seems to be on a lower position even after adjustment and touch the bit long legs guys.

Overall I am really impressed with the car !!

Those are the things you want in a car, and not the things like Car which will be a head turner, highlighting that my car has this, my car has that, you're car doesn't get it

Those are the things you want in a car, and not the things like Car which will be a head turner, highlighting that my car has this, my car has that, you're car doesn't get it
i did not get you what you want to convey[confused]

I am totally [confused] about your statement.Pls make it clear as :stupid:

i did not get you what you want to convey[confused]
What i am saying is that a car should tick all boxes. Now you expressed what Liva offers. But, people have never bought Liva because it looks boring and is not equipped well. But can a well equipped and good looking car (i20) offer space, comfort, Dynamics, ergonomics ? i20 doesn't. Liva does !!

So people should look at overall product and not just design and equipment list. As you said about Liva, it isn't good looking but it ticks the points you have mentioned. Thats what you want rather then just looks and equipment list.

I had a liva gd sp for almost an year.

1. It was no nonsense car
2. Excellent AC
3. Good to drive
4. Excellent pickup
5. Excellent brakes from Bosch, EBD and airbags of high quality.
6. Good visibility all around
7. Good high speed stability
8. Spacious

Only down side was boring interiors. I sold it as I am allergic to diesel it seems.
FE wise it used to give me 20+ in city and 22-23+ on highways with AC 100% ON. It was quite lighter on wallet and very cheap spares.

Top Bottom