Toyota Etios Liva Diesel - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
All,

I wanted to buy a new car after using my Maruti Zen for more than 10 years. I wanted to now go for a car (hatch back only) in the range of around 6 to 7 lakhs. I wanted to go for Diesel car because of the mileage and FE.I started my search and short listed few of the cars.

1.Maruti Swift
2.Ford Figo
3.Fiat Punto
4.VW Polo
5.Toyota Liva

I then ruled out Swift because it was becoming too common and also very long waiting period.
I did not do a test drive for Figo but some of my friends advised that has very low ground clearance and also I was not keen a Ford brand. Same was with Fiat Punto though I have seen reviews that even Swift has Fiat Engines. But for me Brand was also an important factor.

I then wanted to choose between Polo and Liva. I went to VW showroom and requested for a test drive. The positives for Polo were

1.Good looks
2. High Brand Value
3.Spacious boot
4.Excellent Interiors

However there were many negatives that put me off

1.Price of Diesel high end version was around 9 lakhs On Road
2.Poor choice of colors. Did not want Red or White but other colors were not great. Wanted to choose Pepper Grey.
3. Back seat spacing was poor. Sitting 3 people was not going to be easy.

I was wondering as to why should I pay 9 lakhs and buy this car when even 5 people cannot sit comfortably? Is it only for VW brand? Also, color choice offered was very limited.

I then decided NOT to go for Polo based on the abvoe factors.

Now I wanted to see Toyota Liva. I went to the showroom for a TD and when I saw the car in Blue, I fell in love with it. The looks were good.

However, When I saw the interiors, I was bit disappointed as the centre console put me off.

However, I took the test drive and it was a smooth one. There was not much noise though it was a Diesel one and the I felt the drive was great.

Now The positives for Liva wer

1.Toyoto brand car
2.Pricing was attractive with high end in Diesel around 7 lakhs including around 15 K accessories.
3.Color choice for me was good. I opted for the Marine Blue.
4.Back Space was very comfortable. Very impressed with this as we can seat even 4 people backside and leg space was veryyyy good.
5.Gear system was not conventional but I got adjusted quickly as it is just a matter of time. In fact many vehicles are now coming with "R" gear by side of 1st gear slot.

Negatives:
1.Center console was not looking appealing but surprisingly many of my freinds liked this one. Bit surprised with this.

2. Interiors were average. Not great looking.

After thinking about the pros and cons, I thought Toyota Liva has minimal negatives and I should buy the car.

I got my car on Nov 16th and have driven around 120 KM. I am very happy that now I own a Toyota.

Re: ETIOS LIVA Diesel

Congratulation
Liva is practical car. Very good ride quality and handling.
Post some pictures [:)]
I really would like to see practical FE of Liva diesel.

Hi,
I am john shinha from jaipur.Toyota etios liva Diesel is a one of the best car from Toyota.it is really nice car.The Etios Liva diesel is priced between Rs 5.54 lakh and Rs 5.89 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), which is costlier by Rs 95,000 vis-a-vis the petrol variants.

Thread Starter #4
Re: ETIOS LIVA Diesel

Thanks JazzSelect. I will post some pictures very soon. Also I am just checking to see the mileage it gives me. I had filled 500 Rs worth Diesel yesterday and want to check the FE from Reserve to Reserve ( when the fuel warning light blinks). I am not sure if this is correct but very keen to know the mileage it will give me.

Congrats on your purchase[thumbsup]. I also have a thread on my Etios Diesel that was purchased recently. Let's use the forum to share the experiences.

Thread Starter #7
Hi Surfer,

I have taken the vehicle from Harsha Toyota. The experience was very good. I was promised delivery by 30th November but they informed me that the vehicle was ready on 12th November only. As 16th was an auspicious day, I took the vehicle delivery on 16th November.

The SA was very courteous and they explained me the features in the vehicle and I was given some toffees and the required documents. A day before I had requested for some accessories in the car and the car was kept ready for me on the date of delivery.

I will post some pics this weekend.

I have so far driven 165 KM and looks like I will get a good mileage. I was given 10 litres of Diesel initially and I filled 11 litres after the fuel warning. The fuel guage still shows 3 bars which means there is more than 10 litres of Diesel and so the mileage I got so far is 15+. Happy with the mileage in city conditions. I will post the exact FE in the next few days after the Fuel warning indicator comes.

The vehicle is smooth and though it does not respond instantly in 3rd and 4thgear but the lag is ok as it is a diesel vehicle. I did not find any noise inside the vehicle and so far the rides have been smooth. Very happy with the vehicle.

Thanks,
kanth

Congrats Kanth15.Blue is the best color on Liva .Look Like Toyata Liva/Etios are raining everywere.Share some more of your experience and do add some more pictures of the blue beauty.

AMG

Suspended
Congratulations man. Awesome buy.

Blue is the best colour in the Liva.
Looks sporty and youthful.

350Z

Core Team
Many congratulations, Srikanth. Great choice and Liva looks best in Blue. I find it much better than its sedan sibling and so true that space on offer is incredible. Please keep us updating about the maintenance and ownership experiences in future. Looking forward to some comprehensive pictures as well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

congrats mate on your new beauty hope to see a lot of images and your own reviews on this car. one of my ex-girl is planning to buy this car and perhaps same color so to me your review matters the most

Thread Starter #14
Was busy over the weekend. Could not post the pics but will take some out and post them before this weekend for sure.

Regarding the FE, so far I have driven around 198 KM for 11 litres of fuel and still it is running. This means I am getting 18+ now and still some more KM to go. Very happy with the mileage so far and the steering is the best among the hatchback's. Fantastic driving experience so far.

I have used around 30% of the time for AC as it is winter here but still I believe it should give 18+ with 100% AC in city and 23 to 24 on highways.

Top Bottom