Toyota Etios Diesel - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
I think I've mastered how to reply to multi-quotes and posting a pic! It may not be a detail pic - don't have one yet, but an ownership pic, just to say 'hey, this is the car'[cheers] Do not drink and drive though. Now for the test. But before that, a big thank you to all you guys for the wishes on the new car and on the feedback/review.

Div65 many congrats.
Can you compare NVH levels with any others cars you experienced ?
I test drove the Logan Diesel, Swift Dzire Diesel (and the Linea Diesel). Etios Diesel versus
1) Logan Diesel: Found the NVH is muted compared to the Etios Diesel. But only just a wee bit. Not much of a difference.

2) Dzire Diesel: The Dzire is noisier, vibrates more and is harsher but gives you a sense of surging power when the turbo kicks off, so you tend to think it's the power grunt! (The kick off is much more subtle in the Etios. You hardly notice the surge. I like the Etios, not just because I bought it!).

3) Linea: You'll agree it doesn't need comparison

Fantastic and a precise review. Congratulations for Etios, Div. I think you’re the same person who was considering a pre-owned josh machine sometime back? Good decision nevertheless. The best part is that it suits your requirements and you are happy with it. But a review is always incomplete regardless of how well it is written without pictures. Do post them soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
350Z, I don't know if I mentioned a Josh in these forums. It's amazing you recall this if I did mention it here.

Couple more things I forgot to mention in my earlier feedback:
- The single wiper services its purpose although it leaves an un-wiped patch on the passenger top left hand corner. But it doesn't distract driver visibility in any way.

Div65

Attachments

I think you have proved by driving 5k kms in 5 weeks that you are member of tourism department in pondechery same reflected in pic.[clap]

Congratulations for Etios & that to be diesel .
Waiting for some interiors pic too.

350Z

Core Team
350Z, I don't know if I mentioned a Josh in these forums. It's amazing you recall this if I did mention it here.
Yes. You definitely discussed about this with us earlier this year.

Well guys, I know this isn't what you'll meant when you suggested pics, but it's the only one I got at the moment. It's my very car of course! :) Oops, how do I post pics? haha Am a real green horn posting on a forum. So please bear with any fumbles.
We have sent a response to your support mail. Hope it helps. :smile:

DriveSafe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
I think you have proved by driving 5k kms in 5 weeks that you are member of tourism department in pondechery same reflected in pic.

Congratulations for Etios & that to be diesel .
Waiting for some interiors pic too.
:biggrin: Thank you.haha. Hmm. Knew somebody would rib me on the Pondy tourism thing. Well, am one of the many that keeps Pondy Tourism in business[:D]. Will try to shoot those interior pics and post 'em here (before somebody else beats me to it!).

We have sent a response to your support mail. Hope it helps.
Thank you for the help. Got it figured out.

I think I've mastered how to reply to multi-quotes and posting a pic! It may not be a detail pic - don't have one yet, but an ownership pic, just to say 'hey, this is the car'[cheers] Do not drink and drive though. Now for the test. But before that, a big thank you to all you guys for the wishes on the new car and on the feedback/review.

I test drove the Logan Diesel, Swift Dzire Diesel (and the Linea Diesel). Etios Diesel versus
1) Logan Diesel: Found the NVH is muted compared to the Etios Diesel. But only just a wee bit. Not much of a difference.

2) Dzire Diesel: The Dzire is noisier, vibrates more and is harsher but gives you a sense of surging power when the turbo kicks off, so you tend to think it's the power grunt! (The kick off is much more subtle in the Etios. You hardly notice the surge. I like the Etios, not just because I bought it!).

3) Linea: You'll agree it doesn't need comparison

Couple more things I forgot to mention in my earlier feedback:
- The single wiper services its purpose although it leaves an un-wiped patch on the passenger top left hand corner. But it doesn't distract driver visibility in any way.

Div65
Nice review. I agree on all points mentioned above for all cars.
I am happy regarding the single wiper now (was much in dilemma regarding the single wiper). However the high NVH is putting me off. Rest the car is fuel efficient, easy to drive and has good all round visibility.
The rear seat of Liva is foldable.

Top Bottom