Thread Starter #33
took car to service centre to get some stuff fixed

new brake = 3000
2 new shocker in front = 3200
alignment = 400
rest labour charges

total bill = 9000

Thread Starter #35
well that's Toyota for you but there work is excellent . They won't gave me second chance to complain atleast for me .

in this 8years i hardly visited ASS

Thread Starter #36
thuk thuk problem which very less recently increased lot so instead of taking it to Toyota i decided to take it to local mechanic . After 4hrs of work and 4 mechanic working on it finally at 8PM problem got solved . now its peace of mind not a small thuk thuk sound coming .

Total Cost : 400
2011-06-11 16.53.41.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. That was certainly expected to cost you lesser. But what was the issue actually?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good to see the issue resolved. BTW what was the problem? Was it something related to the setup or some faulty part?

Thread Starter #40
Congrats. That was certainly expected to cost you lesser. But what was the issue actually?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Good to see the issue resolved. BTW what was the problem? Was it something related to the setup or some faulty part?
ya this problem was killing as sound used to increase when i got bumpy roads .

somehow rod or axle were not in there actual position where they should have been which later causing thuk thuk sound and also one spring had bending problem which got repaired for Rs.30

Even I am thinking of switching to CNG cause of ever rising fuel prices. But the problem is there arent much CNG stations available in Pune.
like people say when you get diesel car you tend to travel more same applies here with CNG . We never used corolla that much but now after CNG i already completed 5000KM . Same distance which used to cost me around Rs.1200 petrol now only cost 200 [evil]

Thread Starter #41
Update
Car has completed 117890KM

Right now its standing in Toyota workshop because its not starting
Currently according to Toyota either engine need rebuild(cost 1.5L including labor) or ecm replacement ( cost unknown)

Thread Starter #43
When it comes to electric never never go with local mechanic that's what i have learned from my past mistake .

It was ECU problem .

New ECU + New lock = Rs.34000 damage to pocket

Now cars is running normal but sometime it get switch off in petrol at idle where as no problem in CNG

BTW car has completed 128500KM [glasses]

Last edited:
excellent review master ;)
Its shocking to here that even BMW rides on CNG in delhi.I think its time to update the thread how is she doing on CNG.
After buying used city in 2011 enjoyed it alot but after reading this thread i think it needs replacement who knows may be TAI will get another corolla soon:)

Thread Starter #45
well something happened while our car was washed by roadside guy . i don't know from that day
car is backfiring both on petrol and CNG when its cold . but as soon as it get warm it start working normal .

No one can figure out what is happening . My guess is that it could engine temp. sensor is dead due to which it is causing these issue .

couldn't take time out to take it to service centre .

Top Bottom