Toyota Corolla H2 - Eight Years Ownership Review

A very well aintained.Your review proves the reliablity of a toyota.The corolla is cleaner than altis in looks.
99k in 8 years,our ford ikon 1.6 bought(now sold) was 29k in 9 years and it had no problems with the engine(had problems with ac,muffler and spend a lot of money to resolve it still no use but the one who bought the our car got it resolved).It was very expensive to maintain.After selling it we ended up getting swift.I still misses it

i have been visiting mayapuri for constant 5 days to find rear rod . what a luck yesterday found a rod which was taken out of another corolla 2005 .
I paid 9K for rod and 2k for installation . Finally tires are straight again but rear right was making some tak tak noise . i think there is some loss connection between rod and shocker where mechanic might have forgot [confused]

now another problem my right front shocker are leaking . need to replace that too . thinking of getting done it tomorrow .

guys any idea how much will it cost ?

while seating there i found Chevrolet optra guess what which engine . It was nission diesel engine . mechanic was testing it before giving it to its owner . Original engine covered 2L KM so instead of Overhauling guy just replaced the engine . Mechanic advised him not to drive car above 80 for atleast 1000KM no idea why didn't cared to ask . Cost of engine was around 40k .

Some pic while seating there idle
View attachment 19857
View attachment 19858
buddy pardon my ignorance but which rear rod your talking about?? is it related to suspension..

Thread Starter #18

after lot research i think that rear rod is called rear Axle . Actually its rod where both suspension and wheels are attached . it doesn't bend usually but some time if it get hit by speed breaker or stone or something very hard then there are chances that it will get bend and your inner tire portion will start wearing very fast . look carefully at tire in this pic
have you ever seen car which tires are uneven and from distance there tire look more like v shape like middle area got bend .

No it is not related to suspension .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19
got both front shocker replaced as they were leaking , air filter, wheel alignment , all disk brake and got interior cleaned . all this work was done by ASS .

Total Bill : 9000 .

few problem still left will get it fixed later .

some random pic again

2011-05-06 11.35.32.jpg
2011-05-06 17.05.52.jpg
2011-05-06 11.37.59.jpg

Finally i get to see the interiors of your Corolla.
Really well maintained interiors. They still look fresh and not at all dated considering the age of Corolla H2.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations! Hope that your car must be running smooth now. Yes, it's true that despite of being old enough in the market - the interiors of Corolla are still something which can stand up to rival the current generation cars. Though, from looks I find the gearstick to be little taller. Isn't it?

Drive Safe,
350Z

To be quite frank i don't like the wooden inserts used in the interiors of Corolla and Altis too , looks kinda cheap to me!

Thread Starter #23
Finally i get to see the interiors of your Corolla.
Really well maintained interiors. They still look fresh and not at all dated considering the age of Corolla H2.
we tried our best to maintain it but still steering wheel and gear tells how old is this car .

Congratulations! Hope that your car must be running smooth now. Yes, it's true that despite of being old enough in the market - the interiors of Corolla are still something which can stand up to rival the current generation cars. Though, from looks I find the gearstick to be little taller. Isn't it?

Drive Safe,
350Z
thanks
not much taller i say its comfortable . If some one setting at driver side will see gearstick tilted toward driver . So its look taller .

Another Big update
I have installed CNG on my corolla just 1day ago after it came from ASS . Now no more hole in pocket

Thread Starter #24
To be quite frank i don't like the wooden inserts used in the interiors of Corolla and Altis too , looks kinda cheap to me!
base model had silver type console as our is middle model we had this wooden type console . if you seat in my car and see your self you won't find it cheap like after market one then it could because factory fit

Another Big update
I have installed CNG on my corolla just 1day ago after it came from ASS . Now no more hole in pocket
Congrats Master. I say congrats since you wont really have to bother much about the petrol prices which according to reports is going to shoot up by Rs.6. BTW do share any change in the behavior of your ride while driving on CNG.

Thread Starter #26
difference in performance is very less . i mean you won't find difference between petrol and CNG unless you are keep switching between them . Even took a trip from home to noida before cost travelling same route was 500+ but now it is 120 [clap]. Installer work was good . he did charge us 8K more compare to normal rate but he gave us warranty that if you find difference in performance then he will give our money back . really amazed on his confidence .

Only thing he warned us that you need to change your air filter after every 5K compare to every 10k on petrol .

Also now corolla vibrate little bit when its in idle . well when you gain something you lose something . Now my mother travel from home to noida without worrying about petrol any more .

Well good to the there is not much performance loss with CNG. What about re-filling now? Do you have enough bunks in Delhi?

Thread Starter #30
yup we have lot of CNG station even normal petrol station have CNG option and by 2012 almost all petrol station will have CNG option according to Chief Minister Smt. Sheila Dixit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom