Toyota Corolla Altis or Skoda Laura or VW Jetta

Thread Starter #16
Sorry to be away for so long, had something urgent in family to attend hence was out of town. I just found out the Laura blades for Wiper cost about 2500. Isnt it too expensive considering i spend about 250-300 on these blades if they need replacement (and that too Bosh ones). I think TCO of Laura is just too high and would prefer to stay away from them for now.

Sorry to be away for so long, had something urgent in family to attend hence was out of town. I just found out the Laura blades for Wiper cost about 2500. Isnt it too expensive considering i spend about 250-300 on these blades if they need replacement (and that too Bosh ones). I think TCO of Laura is just too high and would prefer to stay away from them for now.
Yes the price mentioned is certainly on a higher side, but then Skoda is known for maintenance costs.

BTW any updates on your car buying dilemma?

Of course as the price of the car increases , its maintenance and spares cost also increase! I think the wiper blades will be costly even for Jetta.

Thread Starter #19
Of course as the price of the car increases , its maintenance and spares cost also increase! I think the wiper blades will be costly even for Jetta.
As a general rule yes what you are saying is correct (But not always) for example when i compare Laura, Civic, and Altis. I find Civic and Altis maintanance is much-much lower as compared to Laura. Even if i consider Civic which is more expensive than Laura but its maint cost is much lower due to i think localization Jetta will also come in same catagory as i think its localization content is much much lower hence the maint to be on the expensive side.

Yes you are absolutely right i agree with you. The maintenance of Civic and Altis will be much cheaper than a Jetta and Laura for the localization reasons you mentioned. But that applies only for the regular maintenance. Try to get the spare parts price list of Civic and Altis , you will find it no ways cheap!

But C mon we pay so much for the car to enjoy the comfort and driving pleasure , i will be very happy to pay the bill for a Jetta!

Anyways what have you decided for now?

Thread Starter #21
I am planning to book either the Civic or the Altis very soon. I wish Skoda were as good as Toyota/Honda when it somes to A.S.S and cost of general repairs because otherwise i just loved the Laura and would have picked it up with closed eyes when it comes to driving pleasure. When considerd that i would like to own my car for next 5-7 years i am sure the Skoda and Jetta would be 3-4 times more expensive to maintain than Civic/Altis.

I agree with you on that part! A Civic is much much cheaper to maintain than a Laura or Jetta! But you will miss that solid german build quality and driving pleasure of both the cars in Civic!

And also new Civic is about to come next year , you don have any problems with that?

Thread Starter #23
Hummm, yes i did looked at the new Civic pictures and i think its more razor sharp styling than i would have i liked. It does mean resale value of old Civic will go down but i guess you win some and loose some. So yes i dont think i would have a problem with that.

I think most Honda's have even good re-sale value , so i think even re-sale value wont be a problem for you. I still see some OHC which are being sold by second hand car dealers for around Rs.2.5Lakhs!

Thread Starter #26
Mode, please close this thread as i have bought Civic after creating this thread and its purpose is over for now.

Although if there are others looking for a sedan in similar price point it would be a good idea to leave it open.

Top Bottom