Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D - 1 Year and 44,000 Kms Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #196
Who said "Love reduces fuel efficiency"?? Similarly I am against the people who say "A love affair means the guy needs to spend a lot". My love AGAIN gave me fantastic fuel efficiency and helped save a lot. Here is the record of a trip made in last two days and of course, this will prove that:
  • I can also drive sedately(Thrice).[lol]
  • I can also churn out good FE numbers when in mood.

So here are some numbers to say it all:
  • Car used: Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D.
  • No. of occupants: 1
  • Starting time: 1:20 am(as per my phone)
  • Ending time: 7:07 am(as per my phone)
  • Total distance covered: 401 kms
  • Total time taken: 6 hours and 47 minutes with one break of about 15 minutes(Tea break).
  • Average speed: 59.115 kph if we consider total time and 61.377 kph if we consider only driving time.
  • Top speed attained: 110 kph only once for overtaking a long line of army trucks.
  • Normal speed variation: 70-80-90 kph throughout.

Now comes the FE figures, even highest for me too(Nearly 100% highway with about 250% of dual carriageway)..
  • Method used: Full tank - full tank method.
  • Distance covered: 351 kms(after filling)
  • Fuel consumed: 15.8 liters.
  • Fuel consumed taking an error of +1l: 16.8 liters.
  • FE calculated: 22.21 kpl.[:D]
  • FE calculated taking error in consideration: 20.89 kpl.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #200
Vipul seems like you are busy these days.

Itna Sannata kyu hai?.

Any updates on the corolla?
A bit busy but still have enough time to devote to TAI(at least I read nearly everyday).
Only update on Corolla is round 61k kms as the running is drastically reduced and P220 and college bus(yes I am forced to go college by college bus and is forced to have 75% attendance in college, no more 40-50% will do for me) have started sharing the kilometers the Corolla ran.
Will update the thread shortly with 66666 kms.

I congratulate you for your reliable corolla Altis, I just wanted to know that whether your car is still running in stock brake pads or you have replaced it uptill now?

Thanks

I love Toyota vehicles, thought that I would buy a corolla this time. Went to showroom to enquire about the prices and the base diesel model starts from 15.80 Lakhs OTR [frustration] which doesn't even get an immobiliser. I thought better luck next time to myself and thought of booking a Ciaz ZDI+ for now. I admire Toyota's quality build and ease of ownership.

Thread Starter #203
Vipul seems like you are busy these days.

Itna Sannata kyu hai?.

Any updates on the corolla?
Hello buddy, sorry for being missing.
The car is now approaching its retirement time with 1,00,000 kms soon to come on odo.
Have been to Jaipur and I crossed the 87k mark while returning. I guess its somewhere around 87020 right now, right now the car is with a friend for some function and I can expect a reading of 87400 when its back in my hands in a day.

Will take out some time to go on a trip and then will click some really good pictures of the car and share them here.

One thing for sure: This car is bulletproof, especially if you look at the whole accident history of the car and since I frequently push the engine to redline in 3rd or 4th gear. With more than 85k kms on odo, the car is simply running as good as new, I am doubtful if there is any dip in performance or FE or any kind of high maintenance I have faced till date. All it needs is engine oil and some regular service every 10k kms(I get it serviced at 8-9k max) and it is again ready to hit the roads and 'it is highly reliable too'.

Best part: Try to make a guess what can be the resale value of this car. I have many people who are willing to park this car in their porch at some nonsensically high sounding price. Its just that they drove it(My car is actually well maintained), experienced it and liked it.

I congratulate you for your reliable corolla Altis, I just wanted to know that whether your car is still running in stock brake pads or you have replaced it uptill now?

Thanks
Thanks a lot sirji. Well, I get the brake pads replaced on every service and disks on every third service or whenever the Toyota guys ask me for replacement.

I love Toyota vehicles, thought that I would buy a corolla this time. Went to showroom to enquire about the prices and the base diesel model starts from 15.80 Lakhs OTR [frustration] which doesn't even get an immobiliser. I thought better luck next time to myself and thought of booking a Ciaz ZDI+ for now. I admire Toyota's quality build and ease of ownership.
15.80 lac is way high for Corolla, especially for the base variant.
Let me see what the Toyota guys have on offer for me as I have already asked them to consider my car for exchange offer and get me a new top end Corolla D-4D, if some offer comes then I'll be happy to have a new Corolla parked in my porch; only if they offer me a good deal.
BTW, I am doubtful if I'd like to have some other car than this underpowered dog as my next car. This car is simply satisfying and does everything quite well and the A.S.S. is simply mind blowing. The car is fantastic to own and the A.S.S. makes the ownership even better.

BUT this car is badly overpriced and that's a bitter truth. For the price of a 'G' variant Corolla D-4D you can get a new Ciaz and the amount you save can be used for buying a new hatchback for city use and still you will be left with a lac or two for fuel and maintenance of both the cars. I have experienced others quite well and for me, it has to be Toyota - simple.[clap]
Pros of Corolla are known to all, let me mention some cons and compare them with Ciaz too:

• This car is a pain to drive on hills especially with 5 passengers on board. It simply refuses to move at times and that time it requires only well practiced feet. But then expect Ciaz to be the same, in fact even worse as it is just 1248cc.
  • Handling is just fine and in the straight line position of steering, you will feel like its disconnected, you can call it a bit of play or a small blind spot. No such issues in any Maruti till date, so Ciaz also won't have anything like that.
  • Handling and body control are far from sporty - still better than Verna. Ciaz being a Maruti Suzuki can be expected to have their DNA and hence a sporty edge for sure.
  • I wish it has slightly tighter suspension setup. MS cars are always good in the field of dynamics, so expect Ciaz to have that/.
  • WHAT!! No rear A/C vents!![shock] I literally don't know why Toyota hasn't yet included them. Well, Ciaz has got them.
  • The engine requires to be revved to get a bit of performance and that simply dips the fuel economy by 4-5 kilometers a liter straight. So this car simply requires a cool minded drive. But expect this with puny engines Ciaz too.

Thread Starter #206
Dude, I guess Car is sold now!! Which car you bought after selling it!! Btw, how much you got selling Corolla.
I think Vipul Ji has bought Polo TDI Highline replacing his Corolla Altis.

Anyways,congrats for buying Polo.
Guys once again:

Mathematics Time [evil]

Yes, the Corolla is sold now with 1 lac+ on odo to a close friend. There was no plan to sell the car but it was the friend who was more interested in buying it as compared to my desire for still keeping the car with me. He drove the car to Haridwar and Mussoorie with his parents (5 people total) and all of them were super impressed by the space, comfort, FE and ride quality. Being a close friend, the car is still like mine and I can drive it whenever and to wherever I wish.

Final deal:
  • Friend's 2011 Honda City V + 2.5 lac bucks
  • In return I gave him a car whose zero dep insurance will last till 2016, 2 NCBs' intact
  • 30,000 kilometers or one year (It was 6 months before head) warranty excluding clutch (Yes, I will bear the bills if anything goes kaput under 30,000 kilometers, even engine repairs included - that's my confidence on my car)
  • Car has brand new tyres, all wheel disc brakes recently changed and recently underwent a major servicing in which nearly all the filters etc replaced along with hoses or anything that the service adviser had even a bit of doubt on

Now after purchasing the Honda City (For e it was a car worth 5.5 lac) I installed a CNG kit in the car worth 65k including everything. Kept the car with me for around a week and ran it on CNG and then I got another offer. Straight ahead 7.25 lac for the car. Sold the City in no time and I am left with 7.25 + 2.5 -0.65 = 9.1 lac bucks.

Of these 9.1, I bought a July 2015 manufactured Polo Highline TDI against full cash payment (Hence availing some good discounts too) with extended warranty and what not.

Why a hatchback again?
Because I am back to student life again for 2 years in next 5-6 months and maybe even for 6-7 years if I opt for a PhD degree too.

@Mods: The purpose of this thread is done. Sorry for not updating my ownership reviews since long time but will do them as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Congratulations vipul. Wow man you got a good deal on Honda city!! Btw, when is polo ownership coming? Wishing many miles ahead. I hope you'll use this car also for 1 lakh kms.
But Sir ji, please keep updating your ownership reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom