Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D - 1 Year and 44,000 Kms Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Re: Came Home Toyota Corolla Altis D-4D.

The car is most of the time used for long(upto even 1500 kms)journeys by my father and is driven by our chauffeur.
The broken tai lamp is due to my uncle who hit it with a truck while overtaking[frustration]
While the one of the front bumper was while reversing in the house only,it is after he drove the car for more than 20 hours continuously,so in slight drowsiness he hit the gate while reversing and parking the car.

My Laura even went for the complete front(Bumper,grille,head lamp-left and fender) replacement when it had just 4000kms on the odo,due to completely my fault.

Thread Starter #33

@Mukeshus:
A review on the Laura...[thinking]..hmm..that's a great idea.
Actually the Laura is taken by my cousin for about 15 days and I have no pic of her because I have formatted my 'lappy singh'(Laptop) just two days back,so I'll be taking some pics and then some travel and then will be posting a complete ownership review.

Here is the accident in which i made the Laura go to service station:

I tried to make a new record by pushing my Laura TSi to its limits,but unfortunately I brushed it into a parked truck and then faced abusing by the truck driver and other road-mates who called me a nonsense spoilt child and much more in an angry tone.

How it happened:On NH-24 I took the Khatauli bye pass for my speed testing.I started the car and made it accelerate in a mad manner disturbing everyone and honking a lot.As soon as I caught 160,I tried to overtake a truck(doing nearly 80),then came out a Tata Ace from the front of the truck(it gave side to the truck).I braked as hard as possible and when I felt that now everything is out of my hands I took a sharp left turn and pulled my handbrakes too.
Result:Since I have quite practice of drifting too,so the car was controlled at the time but brushed hard a stationary truck.The guy sitting with me having camcorder in hand got injured on his head and Laura got nearly whole of its front left dented with all the panels broken,airbags deployed leading to zero injury to me(seat belts are always tied by me)..

A WORD OF ADVICE:Never over-speed even on the empty stretches,you don't know what comes from where.

About Corolla:
Will be sending her for the service in next two-three days and then will be updating,rest I have bought three cans of Shell helix in advance,one for Corolla and other two for future.(Bad luck:Helix is not available in Meerut,so we have to buy it from Delhi or Noida)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #34

Well..Corolla returned from service and keeping me quite happy too..
Seems like there are no bills for servicing..still had to pay 6k..

From last two months I have my right tail light broken and have been complaining every week but there is no response from Toyota..
The local SA here at Grand Toyota Meerut is quite good and every time he tells me "Bhaiya ji,don't be impatient we have sent the complain,actually there is no supply for the tail lights for the new model..it will be coming soon"..
here are some more pics..enjoy them..

Attachments

Thread Starter #37

@350Z:
I too was in the same mood and once did the same too,but then I felt that the car and the tail light looks better than that even in the broken condition.
in the second pic,you can also notice that the tail light has already gone somewhat dirty from inside.

Can anyone tell me what could the reason have been for this much waiting for a tail light?

@350Z:
I too was in the same mood and once did the same too,but then I felt that the car and the tail light looks better than that even in the broken condition.
in the second pic,you can also notice that the tail light has already gone somewhat dirty from inside.

Can anyone tell me what could the reason have been for this much waiting for a tail light?
I guess the part has to be procured from Karntaka Bidadi TKM.

Which is taking lot of time.

I waited for 15-20 days for the headlamp of my hawk, which was supposed to be delivered from Mumbai.

Thread Starter #39

@Mukesh:
See guy,you have a car that has costed you close to 15.5 lacs.
And already nearly three months have passed but you are not getting a single piece of tail light.
I know that Toyota's A.S.S. is not at all sub standard but this was unexpected.

This is really heart wrenching, seeing a scratch however minor for the first time in a new car kills me ( btw it also makes me feel killing the one responsible for it [frustration] )..btw not sure if its been asked on this thread already can i ask the most asked question in india ? "kitna deti hai ?"
If you want a super reliable decent diesel car and fuel efficiency is your priority you cannot get it wrong with this toyota[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #41

@Iron rock:
This car my feel underpowered on the paper and is quite underpowered too,but not as much as it seems to be.
This car is really very reliable and goes everywhere.

About "Kitna deti hai"?
You people may not believe but this car gives the FE as follows:-
YEH CAR ITNA DETI HAI...:biggrin:
Normal driving:-
15-18 kpl in city.
20-24 kpl on highways.

Hard driving:-
12-13 kpl in city
17-18 kpl on highways.

The hard driving figures are so much low as compared to normal one because when you drive it hard then even 5th gear is also not engaged most of the time,while 6th is never engaged.

wow thats astounding, i am sure u can bear with the performance when it keeps ur wallet light. its a really a gem of an engine that toyota D-4D

In comparison my civic "kuch deti nahi hai sirf leti hai":biggrin:

How is the turbo lag ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43

wow thats astounding, i am sure u can bear with the performance when it keeps ur wallet light. its a really a gem of an engine that toyota D-4D

In comparison my civic "kuch deti nahi hai sirf leti hai":biggrin:

How is the turbo lag ?
Well,when it comes to bear the performance in the city or inclines then I have a chauffeur for that and that time I enjoy the front seat(Dunno why,but I take the front seat only most of the time),rest highways are mine.Still it is quite okay to drive in city too,you just need to keep her in first or second gear for most of the time.

I too agree that this is really the gem of an engine,as it looks terribly under powered for such a big and heavy car,but still it has quite decent performance you just need to keep it above 2000 rpm.

Well,about "Nahi deti hai",then read my username and you will find the name f my another car,which is called Skoda Laura TSI and that car also "Civic se bhi kam deti,par performance khoob deti hai,lekin petrol bahut leti hai"..[drive]

Rest about the TURBO LAG,then as I use to say,turbo lag is nothing,you just need to know how to pay with gearbox.
Simply take the car to 3000-3500rpm and shift up there and see the turbo lag is nothing at all.

Thread Starter #44

Although I didn't wanted but again same story was repeated(Now even I am also shameful):-
About three months have passed and I was waiting for my right tail light to come.Called the dealer today and a new guy(maybe the new manager)received the call and told me "Sir why aren't you sending the car,should I send the boy or you will bring the car yourself.The tail light has came a week back".
I:And you people haven't eve felt it important to inform me?This is a TOYOTA car,and still such a pathetic service.
He:Sorry sir,but we didn't get the time to do so,nor you tried to contact us.
I:I called just day before yesterday,but you people told me that it is out of stock..
He:Sir actually you may have contacted the older one,but now he has left and I'll see the whole matter.Sorry for inconvenience.
I:Okay,thank you sir.So when should I bring my car?
He:sir whenever you feel free and laughed..
I:Okay,it was nice talking to you.

I reached the dealership with my friend and talked to manager.
I:Sir,so the tail light,get it done.
He:Sir this time it would not be possible as today,three boys are on leave,we will give your car tomorrow.you leave it here.
Again my blood boiled and I threw the keys away on him..
I:B****,**** etc etc,then why you said,bring the car whenever you want.
He:Sir,Sorry,please be clam.
I:(Loudly)Be calm!!My home is 28 kms away and I have came to hear this?

Then came one more guy maybe he is the in-charge of this spares etc,he came to me and said "Bhai,sit and wait,we are doing it".
I:See guy,this is not good.
He:(Quite loud)So what can I do?We will get it done,now wait silently.
I:Okay,sorry bhai.Then please get it done,its just 10 minutes work.
He:(Again loud)tomorrow means tomorrow.Or maybe today's evening about 6 pm,but not sure.

Again my blood boiled and HIT(See,this time I hasn't mentioned slap,but said hit,and only one,that too not tight,just light) and abuse..

After about 5 minutes I said "I am sending e-mail to Toyota,you people are nonsense and same is Toyota(Have sent them mail three times,but every time same response "Sir,the problem will be sorted out soon".)"..

Final result:-
Manager:sir,really sorry for inconvenience,You go home,I'll arrange a car for you.you car will reach you before 7 in the evening".
I:Sorry for misbehaving,but take care,I'll go myself.

Came out in full anger and caught city bus and came to my home.

Shuck's don't they have receptionist, who don't take appointment.

Every time when they insist that part has arrived, i don't hurry straight away.

What i tell them is to book an appointment & get my work done at the right time.

I really appreciate M&M 's after sales Customer service.

But be calm Vipul , Let the speaking hit him rather than action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom